2012 Olympics

Started by ToktorGrace, July 27, 2012, 04:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToktorGrace

Didn't see a thread for this yet, so I thought I'd make it!

Anyone want to see the live-stream of the opening ceremonies they can be found here: http://www.hahasport.com/v-4/2/90/v-429005.html

Hopefully the link will work for some sports too!

I was thinking about how difficult it'd be if there ever were an inter-planetary Olympics with many species of Alien. I suspect that the Na'vi would perform really well.
Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary to what we know about nature.  - St. Augustine

I speak Na'vi with a French accent...

Emtokay

Been watching women's beach volleyball, men's gymnastics, women's weightlifting, mixed bafmington doubles and fencing
If Nothing In This World Can Change Our Children Will Inherit Nothing

Lolet

My family is being forced by my sister the volleyball queen to watch women's volleyball.  ::) Normally I just swimming and gymnastics, sometimes track.

Did anyone was else think the opening ceremonies were weird? Half the time I had no idea what was going on. Why were those kids in beds? Why was that rapper so awful? But then it was all redeemed by Mr. Bean.  ;D

ToktorGrace

Quote from: Lolet on July 29, 2012, 10:26:55 PM

Did anyone was else think the opening ceremonies were weird? Half the time I had no idea what was going on. Why were those kids in beds? Why was that rapper so awful? But then it was all redeemed by Mr. Bean.  ;D

Yeah, I watched it kind of sporadically, and I have to agree. A lot seemed to be kinda from left field and I wasn't sure quite what the point of all of it was haha
Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary to what we know about nature.  - St. Augustine

Emtokay

I thought the opening ceremony was just terrible

Emtokay

Oh and Australia got gold in the women's freestyle relay yesterday wooohooo

ToktorGrace

Quote from: Emtokay on July 29, 2012, 11:49:22 PM
Oh and Australia got gold in the women's freestyle relay yesterday wooohooo

I havent watched much of it yet but I DID see that race! It was so close! Nice job!

Lolet

Quote from: ToktorGrace on July 29, 2012, 10:32:38 PM
Quote from: Lolet on July 29, 2012, 10:26:55 PM

Yeah, I watched it kind of sporadically, and I have to agree. A lot seemed to be kinda from left field and I wasn't sure quite what the point of all of it was haha

Did you see the giant baby? It looked dead.

Niri Te

The only individual "individual sports" that interest me are Fencing, and the different Shooting Disciplines. Did they even bother to televise them at a "normal" viewing hour here in the States, or was it two in the morning?
Niri Te
Tokx alu tawtute, Tirea Le Na'vi

Emtokay

I saw the 10m air pistol and rifle (women's and men) here at 9:30 in morning though I am in Australia

Niri Te

So who won?? Can I get medal counts by sport on the web, if so WHERE?
Tokx alu tawtute, Tirea Le Na'vi

Taronyu Leleioae

Very disappointed that the equestrian events are streaming but aren't being shown by major cable providers.  Gits...

Did manage to see the team finals for archery this weekend.  No surprise that South Korea won the event (again).  Great shooting.

Hoping to catch at least the dressage on Aug 2/3 and figure a way to record it while I'm at work...

ToktorGrace

Pretty much all of the Olympic footage I watch is online :P No cable or satellite since I am a cheap bastard so I cannot say when events were held compared to when they were aired.

Emtokay

On foxtel(austar) in Australia, if we are a sports subscriber we get 8 Olympics dedicated channels

Taronyu Leleioae

Congrats to the UK for winning the gold in the equestrian stadium team jumping event.  A great performance...

Catherss

Quote from: Niri Te on July 30, 2012, 05:43:44 PM
So who won?? Can I get medal counts by sport on the web, if so WHERE?
Just search medal tables and it comes up with googles leader bored and then the BBC's Olympic page.

Emtokay