RC

Started by 'Itan Atxur, May 02, 2011, 10:51:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'Itan Atxur

I've been into RC racing for a while now. I've never raced any of my trucks or my boat at any tracks but my cousin and I used to race in the backyard. We actually built a few race tracks in our back yard.

I own the following RC vehicles:

• T-Maxx
    E-Maxx
    Revo
    Stampede VXL
    Blast (cheap boat)
    Mini-T
    HPI Mazda 7 Drifter (don't know the actual model name, just what the body kit is).

Any other RC drivers here?

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Emtokay

I own a nitro RC car. I wanted something fuel injected (well it's not fuel injected since it's got a carburetor) I had 2 cars the front end stuffed up in one and the piston seized on the other now I have one great car
If Nothing In This World Can Change Our Children Will Inherit Nothing

Yayo

Petrol RC Cars are cool. I wanted one when I was younger but have kind of lost the temptation.

Yayo on facebook
Skxaypxe: callofdoty95

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Emtokay on May 03, 2011, 12:20:29 AM
I own a nitro RC car. I wanted something fuel injected (well it's not fuel injected since it's got a carburetor) I had 2 cars the front end stuffed up in one and the piston seized on the other now I have one great car

I mix and match parts from all my vehicles all the time. The stupid receiver on one of my nitro trucks (T-Maxx) popped out and the system doesn't have a fail safe. 40 MPH into a cement wall... and it did more damage to the wall than the truck. I cracked an A-arm badly but the front bumper took a chunk out of the cement and left a tire mark that is there to this day.

Emtokay

What happened to the front end on one of mine. I forgot to fully extend the antennae on the controller, floored it down the st and it went out of range, so it just kept speeding up until BANG into the gutter, just found pieces of suspension in a rubble around the place, most of the parts intact so I re-assembled it, but it doesn't work so well now.
If Nothing In This World Can Change Our Children Will Inherit Nothing

Eanikran

I have a duratrax evader, had it since I was like 10 ;D
A few weeks ago I got a new septic in somy whole back yard was dirt, made a track out of garden hoses and those little flags they use to mark gas lines. Apparently I ran it too much because the tiny hex bolt that holds the pinion gear in place melted or something and now the gear won't stay. ::)

Might get a new car when I have some cash.

'Itan Atxur

I burn through gears at an alarming rate. I've considered getting a metal slipper clutch but I've heard when they do eventually break, they take the rest of the transmission with them. I'd rather just replace cheap plastic gears.

I had a nut holding on a wheel come off at 50+ MPH before. The cartwheels were spectacular, and no damage to anything but the body.

Eanikran

Yeah, problem with moe is that it's a discontinued car, so parts for it aren't made now. :/

Until I have some cash I just found a random screw that fit and used that as a temporary fix to my pinion gear. It sticks out but it doesn't hit anything and it works. ;D

'Itan Atxur

I have more than my share of "micky moused" parts. Particularly body mounts because I have a tendency to land upside down off jumps :o :o

Eanikran

Lose a body pin?

PAPERCLIP THAT B*TCH. ;D

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Eanikran te Txuronyu Ateyo'itan on May 03, 2011, 09:02:04 AM
Lose a body pin?

PAPERCLIP THAT B*TCH. ;D

Lol, I got so sick of losing pins I just bought a million of em... I'm down to three for each vehicle...

Eanikran

Hahah, yep. There was a point when I didn't have even one so I had to use paperclips to hold my battery down and the body. Looked retarded and it was a pain in the ass. ;D