Will there be an NFL season this year?

Started by 'Itan Atxur, May 02, 2011, 10:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will there be an NFL season this year?

No. We'll miss the entire season.
2 (33.3%)
Yes. But some games will be missed though.
3 (50%)
Yes. But games will be played with replacements.
0 (0%)
No. We'll miss the entire season.
0 (0%)
Other.
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

'Itan Atxur

Arrrrrrggggghhh! This stupid lock out is starting to get to me. First the players are locked out, then it's lifted, now they're locked out again. No matter which way the new deal goes, both sides will be insanely rich. If NO deal is made, then NOBODY makes money!!

My team (the St.Louis Rams) had an okay draft, but nothing stellar. I want to see them bring in some free agent vets to teach the new guys, but they can't until a deal is struck.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Emtokay

How did the new Orleans saints go with the draft? And with no NFL season what am I supposed to watch in the NRL off season.
If Nothing In This World Can Change Our Children Will Inherit Nothing

'Itan Atxur

According to NFL.com, Saints fans are currently the 5th happiest team (Division rivals Tampa Bay Bucs being the happiest). They got a killer running back to take the load off of Brees.

I feel that the Saints will be just as good, if not better than their Super Bowl team, but will finish worse due to the Falcons and Buccaneers being SUBSTANTIALLY better than they used to be. My prediction for the standings (if there's a season):

• Falcons 13-3
  • Saints 11-5 (tiebreaker over the Bucs)
  • Buccaneers 11-5
  • Panthers 2-14

Tsteu nantang

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on May 02, 2011, 10:15:40 PM
Arrrrrrggggghhh! This stupid lock out is starting to get to me. First the players are locked out, then it's lifted, now they're locked out again. No matter which way the new deal goes, both sides will be insanely rich. If NO deal is made, then NOBODY makes money!!

My team (the St.Louis Rams) had an okay draft, but nothing stellar. I want to see them bring in some free agent vets to teach the new guys, but they can't until a deal is struck.
A Rams fan? Well looks like were rivals, LETS GO CARDINALS! GO BIG RED!!

But you had a good draft, but so did we. If we can get a good QB, we could take the division again. :D
http://livenavi.forumotion.com/ HELP US OUT
Quote from: archaic
Plus she's hot, in a 'nine feet tall, skinny, blue, stripy, with a tail' kind of way.
old gallery link?id=2029[/img]

'Itan Atxur

I know we're in the same division, but if the Cards get Marc Bulger (Ex Ram kinda like Warner) or McNabb (Ex QB of my 3rd favorite team) I'll be pulling for them right after the Rams. And Fitzgerald is my second favorite player of all time. Troy Polamalu being the first.

Also, if there isn't a season, what does this mean for the rookies this year and next years draft? Could there be TWO drafts before we even play a season? And if that did happen, would both classes count as rookies? I'd hate to be competing for rookie of the year if that happened...

Tsteu nantang

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on May 05, 2011, 09:30:55 PM
I know we're in the same division, but if the Cards get Marc Bulger (Ex Ram kinda like Warner) or McNabb (Ex QB of my 3rd favorite team) I'll be pulling for them right after the Rams. And Fitzgerald is my second favorite player of all time. Troy Polamalu being the first.

Also, if there isn't a season, what does this mean for the rookies this year and next years draft? Could there be TWO drafts before we even play a season? And if that did happen, would both classes count as rookies? I'd hate to be competing for rookie of the year if that happened...
TBH I cant see us not having a season this year, the NFL would lose way too much money but if we did. It would probably be two drafts and both sets being rookies all fighting for a few roster spots in the offseason.
Plus she's hot, in a 'nine feet tall, skinny, blue, stripy, with a tail' kind of way.

'Itan Atxur

Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)

Quote from: Tsteu nantang on May 05, 2011, 08:46:19 PM
Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on May 02, 2011, 10:15:40 PM

A Rams fan? Well looks like were rivals, LETS GO CARDINALS! GO BIG RED!!

But you had a good draft, but so did we. If we can get a good QB, we could take the division again. :D

liked!
Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on May 16, 2011, 09:12:47 PM
The lockout has been extended again >:(

Major Dislike!
Also a member of the podcast known as Avatar Nation.  Come listen to our stuff! like us on facebook and chech out our blog at Avatar-Nation.net.

Kayrìlien

Yeah...the whole lockout thing really sucks, especially seeing as it's happening just as my Packers claimed their rightful place atop the mountain. How are they supposed to three-peat if there's no season?!?!?!

Kayr

'Itan Atxur

I just don't understand how both sides can't understand than no season = no money... for both sides.

Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on May 17, 2011, 07:22:07 AM
I just don't understand how both sides can't understand than no season = no money... for both sides.

more importantly, the people who make their living from all the things that happen because of football season.  what's worse is that they can't afford it while the other two parties can.
Also a member of the podcast known as Avatar Nation.  Come listen to our stuff! like us on facebook and chech out our blog at Avatar-Nation.net.

Tsteu nantang

Quote from: Kayrìlien on May 17, 2011, 01:27:37 AM
Yeah...the whole lockout thing really sucks, especially seeing as it's happening just as my Packers claimed their rightful place atop the mountain. How are they supposed to three-peat if there's no season?!?!?!

Kayr
three-peat? aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves? I could see a repeat though.

'Itan Atxur

Atlanta is going to be tough to beat this year.

Kayrìlien

Quote from: Tsteu nantang on May 19, 2011, 07:00:24 AM

Kayr
three-peat? aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves? I could see a repeat though.

hrh - Perennial optimism about my team has helped in the past. No reason to give up now! :D

Kayr

Tsteu nantang

Quote from: Kayrìlien on May 19, 2011, 10:44:05 AM
Quote from: Tsteu nantang on May 19, 2011, 07:00:24 AM

Kayr

hrh - Perennial optimism about my team has helped in the past. No reason to give up now! :D

Kayr
hrh go for it! I'm just hoping the cards break .500 this year.

'Itan Atxur

The Cards get Bulger they win the division

'Itan Atxur

Well, the lockout is finally almost over. We may not even miss any preseason games.