Your sport/s and who you support

Started by Emtokay, May 01, 2011, 08:13:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emtokay

I realize things can get out of hand in these sports discussions so I ask you please keep your team patriotism to a minimum. I know we like to banter on how your team is better than this persons team etc. (you know what I mean). We don't want to lose this thread.

Now to kick things off. I support the following

NRL (National Rugby League, Australian Football, (not to be confused with AFL, which is Australian Football Legue))
My NRL team is the might Brisbane Broncos, I sit most every Broncos game and watch them do battle, I've been to their games before and am off to see them again this August.

F1 (Formula 1)
My man here is the great Aussie Mark Webber. He's yet to bring a championship home to Australia.

V8 Supercars
Craig Lowndes, now that he's back with Holden, and Jamie Whincup who is off to a fine season.

NASCAR.
Yes we do get Nascar over here and I'm a Marcus Ambrose supporter. (Being Australian and an ex-V8 veteran) Other then that my second pick would be Jeff Gordon.

NFL
First game I saw was New Orlean Saints play. I picked em cause they were winning and supported them since. I don't get to see many games but I check in when I can to see how they're going.

I also watch some Sports Entertainment like WWE and the UFC.

Well that's it for me, what about the rest of you lot.
If Nothing In This World Can Change Our Children Will Inherit Nothing

Sireayä mokri

Quote from: Emtokay on May 01, 2011, 08:13:42 AM
I also watch some Sports Entertainment like WWE and the UFC.

Not a big sports fan, but I was really waiting for an opportunity to talk about WWE here :) I think we should create specific thread for Pro wrestling/MMA. "Extreme Rules" is just hours away :)

Aside from that, I watch NBA. Lakers fan for some 8 years now :)
When the mirror speaks, the reflection lies.

Amaya

*grin* I'm what's called a "seasonal fan" but I enjoy hockey (well, duh! :P) and am very much a fan of the Canucks :D

Swoka Ikran

I mostly watch the NHL, MLB, and NFL. I'll also watch NASCAR on occasion.

Since I live near Philadelphia, my favorite teams are the Flyers, Phillies, and Eagles...
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Quote from: Amaya on May 01, 2011, 10:01:22 AM
*grin* I'm what's called a "seasonal fan" but I enjoy hockey (well, duh! :P) and am very much a fan of the Canucks :D

Awesome, a hockey fan! ;D

For my part, although I come from Canada as well, I'm not much of a hockey fan. :3 I'm mostly into soccer, since I've been in Germany in 2010 and have been a witness of the awesome craziness that's around the World Cup in Europe, and could take part in that phenomenon. :D Since then, I am mostly interested in the German national team and the Bundesliga teams, of course, but I also support the Impact (soccer team of Montréal) and I enjoy watching any soccer play. :)

Yayo

Baseball MLB! ;D
I don't like any Australian sports..  :-X

Yayo on facebook
Skxaypxe: callofdoty95

Swoka Ikran

2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Ikabob

Oh where to begin  :-\

Hockey fan like the rest it seems.  I support the Colorado Avalanche hardcore.
Soccer is what I am a diehard for though seeing as I have played it for about 16 years.  As far as that goes Colorado Rapids in the MLS, and outside the MLS Chelsea and A.C. Milan over in Europe.
Baseball go Rockies :P
(If you can't tell I am from Colorado  ;D)
But for Basketball I am a Bulls fan.
I could go on forever about sports but I will keep it that simple for now.
When college takes up all your time... What can you really do?

Skype: Ikabob13         PSN: TR4NZ-N1GH7M4R3        Steam: N1GH7M4R3

Yayo

Yayo on facebook

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Ikabob on May 02, 2011, 06:53:05 PM

Soccer is what I am a diehard for though seeing as I have played it for about 16 years.  As far as that goes Colorado Rapids in the MLS, and outside the MLS Chelsea and A.C. Milan over in Europe.

Football: Buffs and Broncos.  I too am a Colorado teams fan all the way ;D

BTW the Buffs' stadium is in my hometown :D

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

'Itan Atxur

I've always been a fan of F1 (it's always been my favorite racing league), but didn't REALLY start following the sport until I played F1 2010. When it comes to picking a favorite driver, America doesn't have a driver, so I'm forced to pick by personality and ability. I know nothing about any of the drivers, but Sebastian Vettel is just amazing, but I think I like Schumacher more.

NASCAR: Jeff Gordon. When he retires, I probably won't be a NASCAR fan anymore.

NBA: Celtics, but I really don't care for watching football. I'd rather play.

NHL: Bruins, but... I hate hockey...

MLB: YANKEES ALL THE WAY!! Not a fan of baseball but I LOVE the Boston, NY rivalry. I'm the only NY fan I know near Boston.

NFL: This is where it's at for me. As far as I'm concerned, no other sport even exists when football is on. My #3 team is the Eagles. I've totally forgiven Micheal Vick and believe he's truly sorry for what he did. #2 is the Buccaneers.

I...

Live...

For...

The St.Louis Rams.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Amaya

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on May 02, 2011, 10:01:16 PM

:o :o :o :o :o
*gasp* how could you say such a thing!
;)

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Amaya on May 03, 2011, 12:55:04 AM
Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on May 02, 2011, 10:01:16 PM

:o :o :o :o :o
*gasp* how could you say such a thing!
;)

Well, okay, I'm being a tad extreme. I don't hate hockey, I just have no real interest in it. I do like curling though! Go BC!!

Yayo

Yayo on facebook

Emtokay

When I here hockey fight I think of that scene in D2 where the kid is like just remember, sticks, gloves then shirt.
If Nothing In This World Can Change Our Children Will Inherit Nothing

Ikabob

Quote from: Inspirata on May 02, 2011, 09:56:49 PM
Quote from: Ikabob on May 02, 2011, 06:53:05 PM

Football: Buffs and Broncos.  I too am a Colorado teams fan all the way ;D

BTW the Buffs' stadium is in my hometown :D

Boulder eh? If so I live about 45 mins from you, but I too am a Buffs and Broncos fan, but I don't talk football all that much.  Enjoy it, but with all the hate I experience from footballs players because I play soccer at a really high level, it drives me a little nuts sometimes lol.  But gogo Buffs and Broncos!

'Itan Atxur

I take friendly jabs at soccer players being a football fan, but I can take it in return. I do my best to make sure people know I'm only playing around though. I used to play soccer myself, but I really wasn't any good. If I ever so much as kicked the ball, I celebrated like I kicked the game winning shot.

Ikabob

Well thats the fun in it for me, do what you can enjoy it and be the best you can be, but my guess is that this would trail off of topic so I wont go much further.  The thing in football that urks me is the stoppage.  I guess I am more of a constant flow person, but sometimes I feel like too much stoppage hurts the experience... once again.. I know that every play the players put their all on the line so they get as tired as anybody else.

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Ikabob on May 04, 2011, 10:06:54 PM
Well thats the fun in it for me, do what you can enjoy it and be the best you can be, but my guess is that this would trail off of topic so I wont go much further.  The thing in football that urks me is the stoppage.  I guess I am more of a constant flow person, but sometimes I feel like too much stoppage hurts the experience... once again.. I know that every play the players put their all on the line so they get as tired as anybody else.

See, I LOVE the stoppage. I'm not the greatest athlete but the stoppage allows me to catch my breath and play a slower game and alter strategy on the fly. Though I have a deep understanding of football which I can't say for other sports. Probably a big reason the strategy eludes me. I just can't see it the way a true fan can.

And I don't think this is off topic, because we're discussing why we like our respective sports. If Emtokay feels otherwise, I'll certainly refrain.

Txantslusam Skxawng

I used to play basketball, I wasn't that good on attacking, but I was very good at defending, catching the ball at difficult and long shots and passing the ball over long distances. We were state champions once, well more of a province champions xD The Netherlands isn't that big. We were champions of Limburg in 2004, if I remember.

Even at basketball at school I'm pretty good, although everyone 'bends' the rules. I was defending a girl, she very sportive and doesn't like to lose, we were at the basket and rest of team at the middle of the field. Opposing team makes a long shot this girl and just in time I jump in front of her, grabbing the ball and then to the basket, lay-up and in the basket. That was my only lay-up that went good that day :P
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF