Website-Related > Suggestions / Ideas

Allowing ' into usernames

<< < (3/3)

Tìtstewan:
That PM issue was - if I remember me correctly - the days we have run SMF 1.1.x. The work around was using the username instead the display name. SMF 2.0.x handles it a bit differently.

However, if someone really want to have an apostrphe-like letter, just use alternative character such as "grave accent". :)

Tirea Aean:
Even though no username can be registered when containing the apostrophe character, you add the regular apostrophe character to your display name: After registration, just go in profile settings and put the apostrophe back in the display name where it should go. This is the easy fix I mentioned before, in Reply #5. :)
As for sending a PM to such people with a '-containing name, I thought that this "just works" on SMF2 kefyak?

Tìtstewan:

--- Quote from: Tirea Aean on March 03, 2020, 05:43:15 pm ---As for sending a PM to such people with a '-containing name, I thought that this "just works" on SMF2 kefyak?
--- End quote ---
SMF 2.0.x "autofill" or suggest the member's name you wish to PM if sufficient characters has been typed. Internally, it uses then the username, as far as I have understood the procedure of sending PMs. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version