Started by Vawmataw, November 21, 2015, 05:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eana Unil

'ä'... Well, I always stay logged in, so I didn't know that ^^

Toruk Makto

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Ertew

Not bad, but anything Avatar-related would be better.
Any errors in spelling, tact or fact are transmission errors.

Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.

Toliman

Quote from: Ertew on March 21, 2016, 03:00:46 PM
Not bad, but anything Avatar-related would be better.
Yes I agree.

Sound is not bad.

Blue Elf

Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Toruk Makto

Hmmm...  If it was more Avatar-related, would it be less scary?

EDIT: Looking for something else now...

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

That sound is OK. The biggest advantage is it is distinctive. It doesn't sound like any other messaging service, plus it is not an assertive sound. Although slightly annoying, I still like Neytiri's ikran call. A sound I would personally like is a palulukan trill (I need to figure out how to extract that from the soundtrack).  :palulukan:

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Ertew

We have nicely avatarized themes for almost anything over forum.

Original sound is bad because:
- it's not avatar-related
- it's to loud
- it's annoying (subjective opinion)
- and it's turn on by default.

Quote from: Toruk Makto on March 21, 2016, 02:58:57 PM
So, how about https://forum.learnnavi.org/gallery/videos/3048_21_03_16_2_54_15.mp3  ?
This sound is better because it's quieter and less annoying. But still two points can be bone better.

Tìtstewan

Quote- and it's turn on by default.
I think, the only useful solution that could fix this is to add a checkbox in the member's Look and Layout settings. If someone want to hear the notification sound, then one can enable it and if not, just let the check box unchecked.

Quote- it's annoying (subjective opinion)
This is something that one cannot simply fix. Imagine, the next member doesn't like the new sound... Solution? Technically, one would have to add an option that allow to choose an availabe audio file - or better - let select an own audio file.

Unfortunately, both require some editing of the mod's code, and additionally this is something that should be the job for the mod author for some reasons.

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Toliman

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on March 22, 2016, 03:17:21 PM
Although slightly annoying, I still like Neytiri's ikran call. A sound I would personally like is a palulukan trill (I need to figure out how to extract that from the soundtrack).  :palulukan:
Neytiri's ikran call was not bad sound  :) :(
Palulukan trill would be interesting  :)

Quote from: Tìtstewan on March 23, 2016, 02:50:31 PM
Quote- it's annoying (subjective opinion)
This is something that one cannot simply fix. Imagine, the next member doesn't like the new sound... Solution? Technically, one would have to add an option that allow to choose an availabe audio file - or better - let select an own audio file.

Unfortunately, both require some editing of the mod's code, and additionally this is something that should be the job for the mod author for some reasons.
But it sounds as interesting option

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

I think there are some limitations on the editability of this mod's code.

I have to agree with Ertew in that the sound used should be in-world.

The thanator trill sound happens when palulukan raises its sensory quills, especially quickly, or in anger. I think the sound is a vocalization, and not actually related to the quills raising, kind of like a cat hiss. You hear it twice in the film, once when palulukan is chasing Jake and once when palulukan (rest his/her soul!) is attacking Quaritch.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Vawmataw

Btw, the goal of the shoutbox bleep is to warn people that someone just posted. If we can find a way to get a less irritating sound and/or to make it facultative, I think the case will be solved.
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Ertew

Quote from: Vawmataw on March 24, 2016, 04:03:46 PM
Btw, the goal of the shoutbox bleep is to warn people that someone just posted. [...]
Warn but not annoy. SB should be much more gentle for peoples who just logged, ignore SB and keep reading the main page.
<Blip> sound would be good if can be easily turned on. Actually it's easily to turn off, but on by default.

In ideal situation (not possible because noone want to code it) SB should have sounds at 0% or 10% of full volume and increase volume after sending first message or clicking into SB log window.
But I repeat. As log as noone want to modify the code (I wish to make it, but have zero knowledge at object-like code) one option is to change sound file.
Second is to remove the SB from main page and keep it as stand-alone window plus banner like >click me for tribal chat< . IMO that option not have positive opinions.

Toruk Makto

There is an option to auto-hide shoutbox, but I don't think we want to do that. I can make the sound quieter by just lowering the volume of the mp3,  but it is not adjustable, otherwise.

Hahaw[hhvhhvcz]

Someone asked about another Avatar-releated sound so here it is. :P

[audio=https://forum.learnnavi.org/gallery/videos/16797_24_03_16_9_12_15.mp3][/audio]

Nìvingkap... when i tried to get this sound out of the movie, it took quite long and I still have problem that can't get rip of the background noise.
So if we want that sound without noise (or any other), we should try to ask Lightstorm whether they still have it or not.
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
  • Worth: $1551 ($396 with sales) (updated 17.3.16)
  • Games owned: 97
  • Games not played: 34 (35%)
  • Hours on record: 1,825.3h

Vawmataw

Not sure if I like it lolz

Toliman

Quote from: Hahaw[hhvhhvcz] on March 24, 2016, 09:28:11 PM
Someone asked about another Avatar-releated sound so here it is. :P

[audio=https://forum.learnnavi.org/gallery/videos/16797_24_03_16_9_12_15.mp3][/audio]

Interesting, but I don't know ...  :-\

Toruk Makto

That's a little frantic sounding,  I think. We need subtle.

Vawmataw

When Tsu'tey translates Jake's speech: ma Eytukan, lu oeru aylì'u frapor

Blue Elf

Quote from: Ertew on March 24, 2016, 05:11:55 PM
Quote from: Vawmataw on March 24, 2016, 04:03:46 PM
Btw, the goal of the shoutbox bleep is to warn people that someone just posted. [...]
Warn but not annoy. SB should be much more gentle for peoples who just logged, ignore SB and keep reading the main page.

This. Best way would be to have some options in profile to switch sound on/off, or even better, switch the whole shoutbox on/off (I don't use it, so...), but that requires coding, kezemplltxe. Maybe autohiding mentioned by Markì would be enough - if hidden, no text, no sounds; if shown - all works. But it should be hidden by default - or again we need option in profile.
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)