SMF Theme

Started by Antony, December 24, 2009, 11:38:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antony

I am not very good at designing, so I cannot offer a design for the site/forum, however I know SMF very well, I will be happy to convert any design for the forum into an SMF Theme.

Eywayä mokri

Tewte!!

We'll see when something is chosen for the main website. Then I'll be glad to offer my help in designing an smf theme. :)
°°We don't forget anyone, we only get used to their absence.°°

Night Raider

SMF is one of the worst things to skin. I could recommend going phpBB, hence there is a database converter that can convert althe posts / users / etc intp phpBB.
Is this right? I just write whatever in the signature box?

Antony

Quote from: NightRaider on December 24, 2009, 11:46:27 AM
SMF is one of the worst things to skin. I could recommend going phpBB, hence there is a database converter that can convert althe posts / users / etc intp phpBB.

SMF is far better than phpBB. I have broken down the code behind both, and SMF is much easier to skin and modify.

Tirealì'u

I think taking an existing skin and modifying it would be a good plan.

Heck, generally what I do for any forum/website I run... Tends to work out well and removes most of the grunt work. :-P

Antony

I would just use my own designed skin, and modify the images. I have a plain skin with quite a few changes in places compared to the default, mostly to do with padding and stuff.