Suggestion for a 'Beginner sand box board'

Started by Tìtstewan, February 18, 2014, 11:16:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plumps

Alright, that helped, ma Kame Ayyo'koti ;)
Thank you very very much!

Maybe it's the hot weather (no pun intended :P ) that I had to let off steam. Usually, I'm not that hot-headed, rutxe spivaw oeti.

Alright then, let's all agree to watch and see how it goes and how this is taken on by everybody who wants to write and doesn't know how to start :D As my sig says, "to try is to be successful" :)

Frawzo – everything is fine.

Kame Ayyo’koti

Quote from: Tìtstewan on June 09, 2014, 02:21:52 PM
I rather mean "professional" discussion about the language, which was many times a reason to split out stuff from the beginner chat thread. Corrections are still ok, but not "professional" discussion one would make in the other boards.
It's also in the Conversations Guidelines:
QuoteTry to not let topics turn into formal lessons or more technical discussions of the merits of the language. There are other boards for that.
Sorry, if I misunderstood it or I didn't express me correctly. :-[
I see what you mean. Yes, I agree with you that long, in-depth explanations shouldn't happen in the chat section.

I think a good example of how to correct is Blue Elf's correction of me in this post. He tells me where <awn> should go, but doesn't give a big explanation of how infixes or compound verbs work/are made. It is enough to fix my mistake and tells me what I need to learn about/learn to do better: A beginner would learn that some infix positions are irregular and they should learn what they are. (In my case, that I need to pay more attention to the verbs I'm using. :P) It corrects me and points me in the right direction, and nothing more.
"Your work is to discover your world, and then with all your heart give yourself to it."

Kame Ayyo’koti

Nìprrte' ma Plumps. :)

Ngaru txoa. I'm glad you shared your concern. We should always make sure that what we are doing is helping learners, not hurting them.
"Your work is to discover your world, and then with all your heart give yourself to it."