Website-Related > Suggestions / Ideas

The Web-based Na'vi Name Generator never outputs ll or rr in the generated names

(1/2) > >>

wrrtll:
OK, so I'm six years late to this party. I made some names, and looked at the monstrosities others posted, and noticed that names with ll or rr are not appearing. Just happens that I'm rather partial to those "vowels". Looked at the PHP code provided, and see that they are not listed. The function getNucleus does have question marks instead of ll and rr at the 80 and 85 tests, so I'm wondering if someone could fix those? If that's too hard at this late date, let me know, and I'll redo the PHP generator into Python for my own use. Would be nice to fix the public generator, though.

Thanks,

Wrrtll

Eìrä:

--- Quote from: wrrtll on April 09, 2019, 11:42:03 am ---OK, so I'm six years late to this party. I made some names, and looked at the monstrosities others posted, and noticed that names with ll or rr are not appearing. Just happens that I'm rather partial to those "vowels". Looked at the PHP code provided, and see that they are not listed. The function getNucleus does have question marks instead of ll and rr at the 80 and 85 tests, so I'm wondering if someone could fix those? If that's too hard at this late date, let me know, and I'll redo the PHP generator into Python for my own use. Would be nice to fix the public generator, though.

Thanks,

Wrrtll

--- End quote ---
I saw a name where you can see "ll" and "tt"!
Teyvit Te Kollettxi! Kollettxi!
Your name: Wrrtll!
Hi, my name is Eìrä! Welcome on LN Community! :D

Vawmataw:
It requires extra coding because ll and rr can't start syllables and be on their own unlike vowels.

wrrtll:

--- Quote from: Vawmataw on April 09, 2019, 05:59:55 pm ---It requires extra coding because ll and rr can't start syllables and be on their own unlike vowels.

--- End quote ---

Could you or someone else point me to the rules so I can complete this generator?

Irayo,

Wrrtll

Toruk Makto:

--- Quote from: wrrtll on April 09, 2019, 09:22:05 pm ---
--- Quote from: Vawmataw on April 09, 2019, 05:59:55 pm ---It requires extra coding because ll and rr can't start syllables and be on their own unlike vowels.

--- End quote ---

Could you or someone else point me to the rules so I can complete this generator?

Irayo,

Wrrtll

--- End quote ---

Hey Wrrtll, thanks for jumping on the name generator!  For more language info, check the syllable structure details in section 2.1.4 of the grammar document at  https://files.learnnavi.org/docs/horen-lenavi.pdf.  This document by Wm Annis is pretty much a complete and detailed description of the phonetics, grammar and structure of Na'vi.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version