I am about to give up learning, please any help would be appriciated

Started by Kisora, January 03, 2010, 02:29:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Tskxäozì Ewaoe on January 04, 2010, 04:21:45 AM
(personally I'd go grammar and pronounciation first with basic vocab, then move on to increasing vocab)
but, meh, that might work.

To my honored grammar gurus.

Please please please understand that PEOPLE NEED CANDY! Admonishing "Rules rules rules!!" will be the death of this language before it gets a chance to find its own Ichran! Let people learn some words and pretend they are speaking Na'vi. HOW DOW CHILDREN LEARN?

Do we teach them rules before mommy and daddy? Do we teach them grammar before we teach them how to ask for a sammich? Do we stop thm and say NO FOOD FOR YOU! if they don't ask correctly? Let the kids learn some words first. be nice--please!

We have a built-in attrition rate, and the goal is to welcome everyone to at least try learning some words. Let people wet their beaks with words. THEN we can all ambush them with harsh lessons.

;D ;D ;D
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)