I would understand it if the Grammar thingy had smaller words.....help?

Started by Lukerin, December 30, 2009, 03:30:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lukerin

I'm just a kid and reeading that grammar thing almost made my head explode!!! I mean come on! Is anyone out there smart enough to understand it and give me a real quick overview? I'm so lost.

P.S. Even if you don't understand it, reply! Teamwork we can do this!

Taronyu

Taronyu

Right. Well, look around, there are more documents.

It'd be helpful if you told us which terms you didn't understand. :)

Elfenlied

QuoteI'm just a kid and I was reading that grammar thing (pocket guide), it almost made my head explode! I mean come on, is anyone out there smart enough to understand it? Can someone please give me a real quick overview? I'm so lost.

I'm in here now, and I'm helping.
Shades of the dead are sliding on the walls,
Demons dance in the castle hall.
Female Na'Vi Sculpt--><--Female Na'Vi Sculpt

Lukerin

Well I mean it is pretty much every other grammatical word makes no sense to me(not the na'vi word but the type of word it is), is there a document with...well...smaller words?

Taronyu

Quote from: Lukerin on December 30, 2009, 03:43:38 AM
Well I mean it is pretty much every other grammatical word makes no sense to me(not the na'vi word but the type of word it is), is there a document with...well...smaller words?

No, we don't yet. I really don't know what to say. I suggest dictionary.com, or of course Wikipedia.

If you want, I can try and explain stuff, but I'm not sure how far I'd get.

Mawey Seze

I had problems with some of the grammar explanations at first, until I read through the Crash Course in Linguistics Terminology.  This is an awesome and relatively short intro to what everything means.

Unless this document is the one you're having problems with, and we'll have to take it from there.

Lukerin

Quote from: Lukerin on December 30, 2009, 03:30:49 AM
I'm just a kid and reeading that grammar thing almost made my head explode!!! I mean come on! Is anyone out there smart enough to understand it and give me a real quick overview? I'm so lost.

Awesome! I will check this out but on't go anywhere, and prepare yourself for a bombardment of questions(probably)!

Lukerin

Two systems exist: Nominative-Absolutive and Ergative-Accusative.
[/quote]

WHAT??? I read and it made no sense, but beside this so far it has been REALLY helpful!

Taronyu

Lukerin

On #2 (Nga-__ oe-__ ke txayängìng.) Nga would have no suffix right?

Taronyu

Lukerin

Tricky, tricky, tricky. Oh and I kinda get it now thanks. I mean I get it but I screw up all the time.

Taronyu

Quote from: Lukerin on December 30, 2009, 04:50:30 AM
Tricky, tricky, tricky. Oh and I kinda get it now thanks. I mean I get it but I screw up all the time.

Practice, practice, practice. I highly suggest the IRC, and the Skype rooms. They are very helpful.

Lukerin

omängum fra'uti

ng-a.  The ng is like in "Sing" but without the "si".  To an English speaker it's an odd sound to start a word with, but practice a bit and you'll get used to it.  Same goes for ejectives and glottal stops.
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Eywayä Irrtok

Quote from: Lukerin on December 30, 2009, 04:50:30 AM

Hey man I'm just a kid too, all it takes is research and a good community. I can add you on msn and help you if you want :)

Tìng mikyun nìltsan, fì'u fya'o ne tslayam letok lu -- mune sì mune tsìng lu.