Learn Na'vi > Syntax / Grammar

My try to write something

(1/5) > >>

marcin1509:
Hello :)
I have tried to write some sentences in Na'vi recently. I've written something like that :
Na'vi eltur tìtxen si. Lu oeru meylan kipNa'vi. Sunu oeru lì’fya näpume. Lu poru kemi.

I wanted to write : Na'vi is interesting. I have friends among Na'vi. I like learning languages. It's an awesome action (about a language and community).

I don't know if it is correct in any part, please about help :)
Regards

阿波:
"Na'vi" means the members of a specie, not their language itself, in Na'vi (that would be lì'fya leNa'vi).
I'm not sure if "smon oeru" wouldn't be better than "lu oeru".
"Sunu oeru fwa aylì'fyat ftia". I see why you wanted to use the reflexive, but in Na'vi, it doesn't work the way it does in Polish ;)
No idea how you came up with the last sentence.

Vawmataw:

--- Quote ---I'm not sure if "smon oeru" wouldn't be better than "lu oeru".
--- End quote ---
Good point. However, I don't think it's better or worse.

--- Quote ---No idea how you came up with the last sentence.
--- End quote ---
Oel tse'a kemit a soli po tsatseng.
marcin thinks that that kemit is the patentive of kemi, but it's actually kem.

Btw, ''lu poru kem'' means ''he/she has an action''. If the action is awesome, you might want to say something like ''fìkem lu txantsan''.

--- Quote ---"Na'vi" means the members of a species, not their language itself, in Na'vi (that would be lì'fya leNa'vi).
--- End quote ---
To bring something positive, the sentence is correct, even though the language is not designated this way.

Plumps:
Ma marcin,
you’re doing great. Every little sentence helps to become better in the language. Even if there might be minor mistakes in them, they are a few more sentences written then there were before!
Keep building on that and you’ll become more confident in the language ;)

--- Quote from: 阿波 on November 10, 2015, 02:11:32 pm ---"Na'vi" means the members of a specie, not their language itself, in Na'vi (that would be lì'fya leNa'vi).
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Vawmataw on November 10, 2015, 04:07:19 pm ---To bring something positive, the sentence is correct, even though the language is not designated this way.
--- End quote ---

How do you explain ’Ivong Na’vi then ;) :P
Just to tease you…

阿波:

--- Quote from: Plumps on November 11, 2015, 09:54:01 am ---
--- Quote from: 阿波 on November 10, 2015, 02:11:32 pm ---"Na'vi" means the members of a specie, not their language itself, in Na'vi (that would be lì'fya leNa'vi).
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Vawmataw on November 10, 2015, 04:07:19 pm ---To bring something positive, the sentence is correct, even though the language is not designated this way.
--- End quote ---

How do you explain ’Ivong Na’vi then ;) :P
Just to tease you…

--- End quote ---
The same way you explain "go to the car," and "go to the kitchen;" but "go to bed" and "go home"? ;) ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version