Learn Na'vi > Syntax / Grammar

Na'vi Linguistics: Case

<< < (6/6)

wm.annis:

--- Quote from: Ataeghane on October 21, 2012, 04:30:25 pm ---Pretty much like Horen Lì'fyayä leNa'vi, but do we find there these particular rule about how to use "kar" there?

--- End quote ---

That belongs in a dictionary well-stocked with examples.

Tirea Aean:

--- Quote from: wm.annis on October 21, 2012, 07:02:35 pm ---
--- Quote from: Ataeghane on October 21, 2012, 04:30:25 pm ---Pretty much like Horen Lì'fyayä leNa'vi, but do we find there these particular rule about how to use "kar" there?

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Which makes me wonder if there is a nice pretty way to add examples to the current dictionary... Doesn't appear to be... I mean, we could, but it would just look like each word has a massive definition.

Plumps:

--- Quote from: Tirea Aean on October 21, 2012, 07:28:44 pm ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Which makes me wonder if there is a nice pretty way to add examples to the current dictionary... Doesn't appear to be... I mean, we could, but it would just look like each word has a massive definition.
--- End quote ---

There was a brief discussion in the dictionary thread about that and I believe William showed part of an entry how he imagined it.

I would very much like to see that. Especially with more and more intricate grammatical features that are unfamiliar to people it’s a good way to check up on the usage (something that dict-navi.com tries to achieve over time with example sentences). It’s a messy work but in the end I think we all will gain from it. Not every entry needs an example, mind you but with verbs, I think, it’s essential.

Tirea Aean:

--- Quote from: Plumps on October 22, 2012, 04:50:32 am ---
--- Quote from: Tirea Aean on October 21, 2012, 07:28:44 pm ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

There was a brief discussion in the dictionary thread about that and I believe William showed part of an entry how he imagined it.

I would very much like to see that. Especially with more and more intricate grammatical features that are unfamiliar to people it’s a good way to check up on the usage (something that dict-navi.com tries to achieve over time with example sentences). It’s a messy work but in the end I think we all will gain from it. Not every entry needs an example, mind you but with verbs, I think, it’s essential.

--- End quote ---

And with things like a

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä:
I know of what example you refer to, and it is impresive. Wm Annis's suggestion for an alternative dictionary format is awesome. I am also working on adopting something similar for the Dothraki dictionary.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version