New Sequel to old Avatar Game?

Started by Na'vin Nos'feratxu, November 28, 2010, 07:37:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na'vin Nos'feratxu

Im making this thread to hopefully get some info on a sequel to Avatar The Game.

If anyone has any information on this please post it!
I dont know about any of you, but i would love a new Avatar game.

Even if they make another BEFORE the release of the Sequel to the Movie.
Perhaps one thats better than the first game.

NotW#82

Vawm tsamsiyu

If they do I hope they get their na'vi right unlike the iPhone avatar game  :-\
they killed the [you] tag

Na'vin Nos'feratxu

Quote from: Vawm tsamsiyu on November 29, 2010, 12:40:51 AM

LOL ^This.
  :D

NotW#82

Human No More

hrh, true :P
I want one that's more true to canon as well (and better graphics of course :) )
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Tìtxur 'awpo on November 29, 2010, 06:08:18 AM
Quote from: Vawm tsamsiyu on November 29, 2010, 12:40:51 AM

LOL ^This.
  :D

Teng, ever since I was so adamant about the pronounciation of Na'vi not slipping away from what it was intended to be ::)

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Txantslusam Skxawng

Even on the console it didn't sounded right....

But on the console it was made by Ubisoft and well... Ubisoft makes good games ( like AC, Operation Flashpoint 2 and Avatar ) and some bad games ( like Kane & Lynch ) Hopefully they will learn from their mistakes and do a little bit better, but I think their will be a sequel, since there will be a sequel to Avatar, which will make a lot of money of course.
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Tsamsiyu92

I'll bet they'll do just as bad if they're given such a horribly early release date. Noone can make a game of quality in the matter of 5 months. ACII:brotherhood will use that to optimize the PC version.

I hope Ubisoft learns of their mistakes, or let someone who at least cares a little about the franchise contenue the game.

Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)

mmmm. a new game would be great... if it's good XD.  the original game wasn't half bad if you just looked at it as a game not based off of a movie and a language IMHO.
Also a member of the podcast known as Avatar Nation.  Come listen to our stuff! like us on facebook and chech out our blog at Avatar-Nation.net.

Hufwe ta'em

I don't believe Ubisoft will made an Expansion for Avatar The game , first the critic for the game was bad, people expect more for the game and it just a prequel from the movie.

Tsteu nantang

To be honest I hope they make a 2nd game and i hope they use a system simular to Splinter Cell: Double Agent. At least with the factions system. (If you need an explaination please let me know)  Other than that I have no suggestions
http://livenavi.forumotion.com/ HELP US OUT
Quote from: archaic
Plus she's hot, in a 'nine feet tall, skinny, blue, stripy, with a tail' kind of way.
old gallery link?id=2029[/img]

Swokéyan

I also hope they make a sequel of Avatar The Game.
Lurkin' the forums
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play)

Na'vin Nos'feratxu

Well, I've given this some thought recently....
We will not see a new Avatar game very soon...if at all.

The Sequel to Avatar will be in 2014, with that in mind they will probably wait until the sequel is released before the 2nd game is released.
They have already made a game off of the first movie, and there really is no way to make a second game that wont contradict the Second movie before its release.

What im trying to say is, they most likely wont make a second game until AFTER the Sequel releases.

Although, anything is possible. I for one would love to see and MMORPG based Avatar game.
I think that this will be possible after the sequel and even the Trilogy of Avatar releases.

How would you like to start a new Avatar game, with a digitally created CGI Pandora world!?!!
The start of the game is the moment you are BORN into Pandora as a Na'vi. (Which hopefully in the Sequel we will see how baby Na'vi are born)
You explore Pandora EXACTLY how its laid out in the Movie, from the tree of souls, the Legendary Hallelujah Mountains, the tree of voices...the entire landscape that we have seen from the Movie right infront of you.
You start as an infant (tutorial) and grow quickly into a child, where you can run freely through out Hometree, learning the Omaticaya ways. Grow up to use Pa'li, then undergo the tests to becoming a true Omaticaya, climb the Mountains and get your Ikran.
Born again as a Na'vi (One of the people) forever.

Im going on a Tangent, with all that I have imagined....sorry.
I however would never want to see "Quests" as I think this is way over used...
I do believe that any and all events should be Random! everything that happens, happens when you are either ready for it, or not.

Just my thoughts XD

NotW#82

Vawm tsamsiyu

And Instead of quests it should be do whatever you want.
Instead of a quest saying "you must go to this place and do this" you'd have a character tell you what happened and let you decide what to do and how to do it

Then instead of a quest saying "rescue sylwanin" and making you do it the stupid way with npc na'vi doing whatever you would just be told she was kidnaped and have to decide what to do yourself. But you could do almost anything you wanted. You could go to sleep and deactivate you avatar and do stuff inside the base freely like kill the power and let some animals in and while evryones busy you sneak her out
they killed the [you] tag

Na'vin Nos'feratxu

Quote from: Vawm tsamsiyu on January 16, 2011, 03:31:24 PM
And Instead of quests it should be do whatever you want.
Instead of a quest saying "you must go to this place and do this" you'd have a character tell you what happened and let you decide what to do and how to do it

Then instead of a quest saying "rescue sylwanin" and making you do it the stupid way with npc na'vi doing whatever you would just be told she was kidnaped and have to decide what to do yourself. But you could do almost anything you wanted. You could go to sleep and deactivate you avatar and do stuff inside the base freely like kill the power and let some animals in and while evryones busy you sneak her out

Thats also a very cool idea.
I would love to see a game with COMPLETE freedom...within boundaries of course....
There will of course be players who hate Avatar, and come to just screw stuff up.
but maybe not...who knows.

NotW#82

AlaRubra

I wish the game would have been made with more heart.  The Graphics could have been amazing, they could have gotten great voice work, and made sure the navi could say their own language right!  if they do make a sequel i hope it gets the Mainstream Game treatment like what Halo or COD Get.

Ricardo

Maybe I habe too high expectations but if there would be an active modding scene many of your dreams could be possible. Especially better graphics, maybe new (bigger) levels and even story parts.
But until today I didn't see any modification for the game.

Eanikran

There are some mods for PC but they don't really do much. I'd much rather see a brand new game.

The one we have now is actually pretty good, the graphics are decent (its kind of hard to play on a smaller non-HD tv because of all the foliage ;D ) but like many of us I got the game after I started learning Na'vi, so I went in knowing pronounciation and everything, which is why we notice the (plentiful) errors. ;D If we went in completely oblivious to the language, we wouldn't even pick up on them. That being said I hope they make some changes in the new game, if/when they make it. It should be more true to the Na'vi and their look, like in the movie I didn't really see too much "armor" like in the game, the game Na'vi didn't have queues, etc.

...Which is where the Jim-himself-aforementioned possible MMO comes in. ;)

Human No More

Things like the armour and the weapons I consider both reasonable and plausible. What annoys me most is the actual plot, followed by the lack of detail and the language failures.
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman