Started by Payoang, August 31, 2010, 06:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

überdoodlet

I'm thinking of getting this thing just to figure it out...

NaviFreedomFighter

Quote from: TxepTxe'lan on November 03, 2010, 06:41:08 PM
My hypothesis: It sounds like you have to race around the board collecting woodsprite tokens by either completing quests (probably by drawing a location card and going there) or battling other players for theirs. I imagine battling would be something like rolling one of the pairs of dice (one pair are movement dice, one pair are "battle dice") and seeing who gets the highest number. This is all a race against time though to collect 8 woodsprite tokens before the RDA collects X amount of RDA tokens or Tree of Soul Destruction cards, which I assume are bad. I have no idea what the Avatar cards are for, maybe battling, or maybe they help negate some of RDA's progress.

Or I could be completely wrong and the game is nothing like that. I mean hey, it's not like they give much description.
yeah that sounds like it could be a very accurate description
Oel Ngati Kame (I See You) Its not just i'm seeing you in front of me its I see into your soul and understand you
My Na'vi Name is Ka'apeha
Tokx tsa'u uniltìranyu Slä my Ronsem si tirea na'vi
(I have the body of a dreamwalker, but my mind and spirit are Na'vi)

Away from November 3-15th (Final exams)

TxepTaronyu

Quote from: NaviFreedomFighter on November 04, 2010, 12:01:20 AM
My hypothesis: It sounds like you have to race around the board collecting woodsprite tokens by either completing quests (probably by drawing a location card and going there) or battling other players for theirs. I imagine battling would be something like rolling one of the pairs of dice (one pair are movement dice, one pair are "battle dice") and seeing who gets the highest number. This is all a race against time though to collect 8 woodsprite tokens before the RDA collects X amount of RDA tokens or Tree of Soul Destruction cards, which I assume are bad. I have no idea what the Avatar cards are for, maybe battling, or maybe they help negate some of RDA's progress.

Or I could be completely wrong and the game is nothing like that. I mean hey, it's not like they give much description.
Maybe, it's really just a lot of educated guesses and assumptions. I think it's interesting that there can be situations with no winner though, because that's not something you see in many games. It'd be an interesting aspect to be able to sabotage the game and make everyone lose if it looks like you're going to lose either way, since most of the time you just have to wallow in the other players' victory. Annoying perhaps, but interesting.
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

NaviFreedomFighter

Quote from: TxepTxe'lan on November 04, 2010, 01:52:53 AM
Quote from: NaviFreedomFighter on November 04, 2010, 12:01:20 AM

Maybe, it's really just a lot of educated guesses and assumptions. I think it's interesting that there can be situations with no winner though, because that's not something you see in many games. It'd be an interesting aspect to be able to sabotage the game and make everyone lose if it looks like you're going to lose either way, since most of the time you just have to wallow in the other players' victory. Annoying perhaps, but interesting.
Yes you do tend to see that in a lot of games nowdays
Oel Ngati Kame (I See You) Its not just i'm seeing you in front of me its I see into your soul and understand you

überdoodlet

Maybe, it's really just a lot of educated guesses and assumptions. I think it's interesting that there can be situations with no winner though, because that's not something you see in many games..
Tic-Tac-Toe, anyone?

NaviFreedomFighter

Quote from: überdoodlet on November 09, 2010, 08:31:34 PM
Maybe, it's really just a lot of educated guesses and assumptions. I think it's interesting that there can be situations with no winner though, because that's not something you see in many games..
Tic-Tac-Toe, anyone?

yeah tic tac toe is a really good example

Zusupa Tanhì

Agh if this game is anything like the PSP version I will be mad.
Stay your blade from the flesh of the innocent.
Always be discreet.
Do not compromise the Brotherhood.
~The Assassin's Creed

EstebanAVTRBoy

My name is Esteban, and I love Avatar. Oeru syaw Letsteu, sì oeru yawne Uniltìrantokx.