Started by keye'ung makto, January 14, 2010, 09:48:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

archaic

Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä}

just looked at this page,and i think this idea is great. but, being a hardcore gamer since i was 6, i noticed something (multiple somethings) that need to be fixed and/or added:

(If any of these suggestions were given or you thought of it, ignore the ones below)

the sky: in all the pics and vids that i saw, the sky was unbelievably blue everywhere. in the movie, this was not technically true. (well it was blue, but not all the time) You need to put the gas gient ployphemus and its moons in the sky, make it more believable. Also, a day and night setting, were it would glow orenge from dawn or the evening like it would really do in real life, would be great as well.

Bioluminesence: Seeing the green glowing mushrooms was a very good idea, (there are very large ones that soke up radiation and other harmful elements out of he soil on pandora), and i hope you plan to do such more lighting with other plants at night settings. but you should have much more diversity. There were purples, blues, greens, blue-white (Na'vi), red, and meny other hues that mixed and/or shaded differently on so meny different plants and animals (NOTE: I hope you plan on placing more animals like the viperwolves or hammarheads in this game.)

The Forests: now what you have now is great. i like it. but it needs more, way more plants then it has now. More trees (The planet was drowning in extremly tall trees), trees that are large enough to be hometrees, and all the plants in the survival guide given. not only will people fell like they are back to the planet they loved so much in the first place, the bioluminesence on every single individual plant will mesmorize them for a good half hour if your lucky.

Size of the Area: Now i'm not speaking for everyone, but i'm guessing everyone who wants to play a Avatar-based game would want a huge sandbox-like map to go crazy in. I would of course. I'm guessing that it will take a s***load of time and a very good gaming engine to make such a area so large without lagging, with all the items in the map and whatnot. it will be worth it if you do deside to do so. So, if you do, you should make the sandbox about as large as the one in Just Cause 2. (play it if you havent. the mape is bigger the GTA IV and some the maps from halo 3...combined.)

i think i've covered everything. again, if you've already fixed it, ignore my advice.

old gallery link?id=2254[/img]

I'm Taronyu

I really like the pictures I've seen from the mod :D when will it be finished??
"Ich war ein Krieger, der davon träumte Frieden zu bringen. Aber früher oder später muss man doch aufwachen."

Niwantaw

Being a hard core gamer since being 4... (4 years old and PLAYING DOOM :D probably not the best thing to play.... fortunately i can't dream so no nightmares from it)
and also being part of a project which is going to make an avatar game using the unreal engine 3 i can understand more or less how difficult it can be in creating new creatures/plant/environments

The forest i would think would be less dense for a gaming point of view because a dense forest would A) slow the whole thing down meaning a much more powerful computer would be needed (or a shed load of loading screens) and B) a forest is a very difficult environment to play in and also a very annoying one if you are searching for things.

Biolumiesence  well there is a limit to what you can do in a short space of time and i would think there would be more... But not that many because of again impracticability in making it like that because it would slow loading times and lag up the game as there would be hundreds of individual files that the computer would need to locate and load

Size: practicability... the larger the space, the longer it would take to build and load and the more powerful computer required. (Don't fall into the trap of having a massive map with not much in it)

The sky.. I dunno... maybe it's the other side of Pandora....
Only mostly AWOL.

Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä}

Polyphemus and its moons are always in the sky. and the huge map, large amount of plants, and lighting could be possible with a powerful enough engine. look at halo:reach; the creators had to redesign its engine to support the huge environments the campaign is going to deliver. having something like that, (or even the engine used in just cause 2), would be enough to generate all those items without a problem.

old gallery link?id=2254[/img]

Niwantaw

Quote from: Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä} on June 21, 2010, 12:48:10 PM
Polyphemus and its moons are always in the sky. and the huge map, large amount of plants, and lighting could be possible with a powerful enough engine. look at halo:reach; the creators had to redesign its engine to support the huge environments the campaign is going to deliver. having something like that, (or even the engine used in just cause 2), would be enough to generate all those items without a problem.

reread the topic title. twice.
notice the
Quoteoblivion mod
part.
Only mostly AWOL.

Nawm Nantang

There is a problem with this mod, I don't know if you've fixed this or something but I've seen wehn I make my own mods, that when they get too big sometimes they don't work and shut down your Oblivion when you have it activated. I mean, the mod doesn't always have to be big to do this, but it could pose a threat to the mod.
old gallery link?id=470[/img]

Rayne72

Hi guys .. yes do remember any pictures of the world mod are FARR from even done  we are still making the plants glow .... a newskybox with the correct planets showing  AND MUCH more  ::)

this is the biggest task   since we need planets to make Pandora well Pandora

We also have the Na vi race as well   don't forget to endorse and vote :)

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=31323

all the info u need is right there any if u have any issues or questions or what not please Ask there  

also again the progress thread

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showtopic=170284&st=0

cough team leader :D
Forum Topic
Overseer

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Gotta say, things are looking great especially the Na'vi. (one lucky red-cloaked mage)
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Emtokay

Duma have you played Oblivion at all? If I remember correctly the sky DOES changer color and contrast during the sunrise and sunset. Cloud cover also happens and when its raining the sky is not vissible. And I just confirmed it. So it's all not just blue sky for day and dark blue sky for night, the is alot of cloud cover and shades of red/yellow to dark blue, purple and even pink, remember this is the OBLIVION MOD not the AVATAR HALO MOD

There is a big difference in the game, I suggest you get the game, stop trolling threads and play it for a good time before commenting on what the mod needs and not judging what it needs by watching a mere video and looking at a couple of pics
If Nothing In This World Can Change Our Children Will Inherit Nothing

Emtokay

Also, I travelled to Vilverin and when I got there it was night, there were still a few clouds in the sky but I could see lots and lots of stars as well as planets and moons, so putting the Gas Giant won't be really necesary, as you can like Tawteng already said, you could be on a different part of pandora
If Nothing In This World Can Change Our Children Will Inherit Nothing

Rayne72

there is no need for this .... the gas giant will be viable on any part of the planet almost all of it    like 75% of the planet may see it

but do u guys really know how Ez it is to make a  new sky-box ....... open up photo-shop .. draw some planets ... done  open construction set up ... go to Pandora world  edit sky-box ...pick dds .. done ....:P or something like that

Forum Topic
Overseer

Rayne72

Am posting to find some mesh people cause we need more :)

this is a link with all the stuff we need made to finished the workspace pretty much

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showtopic=217489

roar need mesh people !!

Forum Topic
Overseer

Rayne72

Forum Topic
Overseer

Rayne72

Firt page is void that navi shown is not are navi

NEW UPDATE V4 !!!!

CHECK IT OUT AND LEAVE A COMMENT :)

THIS VERSION IS WAY BETTER ITS A COMPLETE REWRITE :)

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=31323

Forum Topic
Overseer

'Itan Atxur

This project still going?

(Sorry, this is like, my 8th necropost in the past few days, but I've been absent from the site so long all my "recent" topics are old!)

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Rayne72

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on March 15, 2011, 10:14:44 AM
This project still going?

(Sorry, this is like, my 8th necropost in the past few days, but I've been absent from the site so long all my "recent" topics are old!)

The race as a new location

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36932 <---most recent update to date navi race

but World Project no so much  am not modding much anymore for TES Oblivion am waiting for TES 5 to come at which is 11,11,11

Forum Topic
Overseer

'Itan Atxur

Can't wait for Skyrim! And the work you did manage to do is awesome btw.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE