My dream Avatar Game ( Ubisoft should have done more with the game )

Started by Tsteu Tsmukan, January 25, 2010, 09:27:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loran

I don't understand what Ubisoft did wrong, all of their previous games I've played where awesome, and none of those things that made them awesome were in Avatar even though it would make more sense if they were. (like the climbing and acrobatics in Assassin's Creed for example)

An other thing I didn't like was that they had queues but didn't connect with any of the creatures they rode. And the control scheme for the ikran sucked! If you would control your steering and altitude with the mouse the flying would be much more fluent and fun, not to mention easier.

My other ride is an Avatar.

Technowraith

Quote from: Loran on February 07, 2010, 01:36:18 AM
I don't understand what Ubisoft did wrong, all of their previous games I've played where awesome, and none of those things that made them awesome were in Avatar even though it would make more sense if they were. (like the climbing and acrobatics in Assassin's Creed for example)

An other thing I didn't like was that they had queues but didn't connect with any of the creatures they rode. And the control scheme for the ikran sucked! If you would control your steering and altitude with the mouse the flying would be much more fluent and fun, not to mention easier.

Games that are released simultaneously as movies tend to suck in general. Thats mostly due to the rushed job the game producer is forced to throw into the game to meet an unforgiving schedule. In almost all instances, games that are released on a movie's release have been poor quality. which is why i never buy such games.
See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Kxanìa Na'rìng

Quote from: Technowraith on February 14, 2010, 03:32:00 AM
Games that are released simultaneously as movies tend to suck in general. Thats mostly due to the rushed job the game producer is forced to throw into the game to meet an unforgiving schedule. In almost all instances, games that are released on a movie's release have been poor quality. which is why i never buy such games.

Given the multitude of mistakes in the current Avatar game, I felt that it was one of the best Movie->Game tie-ins compared to most created.
Yes the queues were non-existant and you couldn't do a lot of things, but Ubisoft did manage to keep it mostly together.
"Why look who it is... YOU!... How'bout that." Lord Sheogorath

littleblitz

i thought the game was amazing, i managed to complete it (im no good at video games, XD) and I loved all the weapons, et cetera. The best part of it was the Pandora-pedia.

the only thing is, i wondered whether the game was accurate? eg with pandora-pedia. And I was also quite upset that you couldn't create your own Avatar :(
'Fly straight, dammit!'

Hufwe Makto

QuoteHell, why not just petition Bethesda to be in charge of the Avatar games? :P
Bethesda's game engine is awesome. Combine it with the world of Pandora and we got a game full of epic awesomeness. The issues, however, may be with the flying from my point of view. Such as ariel encounters (if you play as Na'vi, how would you effectively fight off an RDA Samson, RDA Scorpion, or Toruk? Not to mention rival clans on their ikran.) But overall, I think this idea is brilliant!

anyone heard of shadow of the collossus? You fight (what else) collossus beasts. Most (all) of the time you have to climb on them, mash a couple of buttons, and then your guy puts a sword in the things brain stem. That's how na'vi would kill anything bigger than a AMP suit. The bigger the enemy is, the harder and longer the combination is. Just normally beat the crap out of the suits...

Tsteu Tsmukan

Still, I'd prefer an Avatar game where the player has total customisation to the avatar itself.

There's still hope anyway, they'd probably make another game after the second movie releases.

Tanhì Atan

** Spoilers **

PC version.  
My system is a bit less than minimum system requirement of 3 GHz:  Core2 quad 2.66GHz Vista 64, & wireless mouse & keyboard sometimes hang up doing rather more innocuous things.  I'm not able to turn as fast as necessary, it seems, when an enemy is close by.

I have not finished it yet, but keep playing regularly.  I am tired of being attacked.  I don't really enjoy shooting folks or critters either.  Beyda'amo seems to treat me/Abel Ryder as I feel I am too often treated in material reality.  I do not need more stress.  I could use something different for entertainment!!!  I would just like to ride my direhorse through beautiful scenery, and listen to more nice comments like "All Na'vi should stick together," a wonderful touch in my opinion, heard while gathering herbs.   Being called a tsamsiyu  (once) was a high compliment.  The scenery at night is especially spectacular.  Attuning to the music was nice.  I like the various Na'vi garb.  I liked navigating the greenway.  I like climbing the vines.  Riding an Ikran was fun.  Seeking and finding the shaman, was wonderful before some skxawng decided he would not continue.  A game set after the movie would mean no... [fill in the blank] rda leaping out from behind trees.   Maybe conflict could be optional, a warrior track, with a different track for adventurers, explorers, & other folks.  Daily Na'vi life, peaceful, open minded & accepting, would be wonderful.  Gardening, gathering, weaving loincloths, listening to forest sounds.  Yeah.  8)
Prius Makto.

Oe ftia Leed.

Oeri olo Ean-a Tanhì lu.
Tirea eyktan ta ean-a tanhì lu.

O.C. shapeshifter is socially clueless.  Now that explains a lot.

I love solar panels, Zero Energy houses, vegetative roofs, permeable paving & rainwater harvesting, but that still isn't green enough for me.

Fnua Atxkxe

I agree that the Avatar game was a bit disapointing and in truth probably would have dropped it had it been based around different content but I just got my new monitor today and I have to say it looks pretty good in 3D. ;D
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

Tanhì Atan

Txantsan!!  :D

How many.. ah.. beads, shells & flint knives does such an upgrade cost, may I ask?

Prius Makto.

Oe ftia Leed.

Oeri olo Ean-a Tanhì lu.
Tirea eyktan ta ean-a tanhì lu.

O.C. shapeshifter is socially clueless.  Now that explains a lot.

I love solar panels, Zero Energy houses, vegetative roofs, permeable paving & rainwater harvesting, but that still isn't green enough for me.

Fnua Atxkxe

well i paid 310GBP for my monitor Acer gd245hq and around 125GBP for the nvidia 3dvison specs so, 435GBP or about 661USD. Plus you need a fairly new Nvidia graphics card. I'm using the GTX 285 (hope to upgrade to SLI when the dx11 nvidia cards come out) and I occaionly only get 30fps with all thinks maxed on Avatar.

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

kxanì tsamsiyu

Well i have not played it on my PC but i have on my dads and its a decent games and it runs great with everything maxed on my dads PC which is a couple of years old now. so when i put it on my it will run Awesome because my PC is far better than my dads, im also waiting for Nvidia to bring there DX11 cards out as i don't really like ATI even though they brought out the first DX11 cards.

Fnua Atxkxe

well if you wan't games like avatar in 3d you have to have an Nvidia graphics card. For some reason (wonder why ::)) Nvidia decided not to support ati cards with their 3d vision. Is pretty awesome flying ikran in  3d though, makes up for awful control scheme. And Nvidia cards allways end up being the better ones anyways, more expensive and less value for money but better.

Niwantaw

don't let infinity ward make a avatar game
it needs to be a RPG definatly not a normal FPS
Only mostly AWOL.

Txantslusam Skxawng

Quote from: tawtute akawng on February 26, 2010, 04:24:21 PM

IF is busy with DLC for MW2, which sucks after a while. BFBC2 is much better then MW2. And Treyarch is making COD7 , not sure yet but i heard its in vietnam. IF and Treyarch r done with WW2 games. But i think that Ubisoft could not have done much with the game because the copyright and stuff like that. And movie-based games always suck. But i liked playing Avatar. Im one of the few. I played it at a friend's house and i asked if we could try online and their was nobody else online on Avatar
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Niwantaw

there is a fair few who play it online on the PS3
(3 trophies to go till platinum)
(unfortuneatly all are multiplayer when my internet sucks  :()
Only mostly AWOL.

Txantslusam Skxawng

Quote from: tawtute akawng on February 26, 2010, 04:46:04 PM
there is a fair few who play it online on the PS3
(3 trophies to go till platinum)
(unfortuneatly all are multiplayer when my internet sucks  :()

I got 2 platinum trophies, one for Burnout Paradise and the other for Ratchet and Clank A Crack In Time. When i get Avatar, i will try to help you with the trophies

Txantslusam Skxawng

Quote from: Txantslusam Skxawng on February 26, 2010, 04:42:47 PM
Quote from: tawtute akawng on February 26, 2010, 04:24:21 PM

IF is busy with DLC for MW2, which sucks after a while. BFBC2 is much better then MW2. And Treyarch is making COD7 , not sure yet but i heard its in vietnam. IF and Treyarch r done with WW2 games. But i think that Ubisoft could not have done much with the game because the copyright and stuff like that. And movie-based games always suck. But i liked playing Avatar. Im one of the few. I played it at a friend's house and i asked if we could try online and their was nobody else online on Avatar
The only good game from Ubisoft i know is OF:DR ( im young , so i dont alot of games and their developers )

Tsteu Tsmukan

We better not see Ubisoft end up making some other Avatar game including the new crappy DRM with it.