Na'vi modders, UNITE!

Started by Irtaviš Ačankif, December 01, 2011, 01:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irtaviš Ačankif

Sorry for the pompous title.

Just curious, does anybody know the directory for the sound files and the text in the game? We NEED to get rid of the bad Na'vi!!!  ;D
Previously Ithisa Kīranem, Uniltìrantokx te Skxawng.

Name from my Sakaš conlang, from Sakasul Ältäbisäl Acarankïp

"First name" is Ačankif, not Eltabiš! In Na'vi, Atsankip.

Blue Elf

You mean datafiles in Avatar game? It is in Data_Win32 folder of the installation directory, but data are in .pak files, I don't think it can be easily modified...
But it would be good if it's possible, I have Czech pack installed and some texts are horribly translated.
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Irtaviš Ačankif

I think there are many .pak mods though...there MUST be some way to edit them!  ;D
Previously Ithisa Kīranem, Uniltìrantokx te Skxawng.

Name from my Sakaš conlang, from Sakasul Ältäbisäl Acarankïp

"First name" is Ačankif, not Eltabiš! In Na'vi, Atsankip.

Ricardo

Once I tried to open them but found no way. The net does not present good helpings

Human No More

"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Tirea Aean

I support this project whole-heartedly.

Tìtstewan

*rebirth this thread*

I was able to extract the .pak files with "QuickBMS script", but then I have the problem with the extracted files: I don't know, with wich tool I can modifiy the files...
For example the .nvm files contains datas for the maps, but I can't work with them...

- ta Tìtstewan

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

bommel

That's most likely because it is a proprietary format created by a tool used by the game creators - maybe the tool has been created solely for the game which isn't very uncommon. Maybe those files are even encrypted to avoid people messing around with them (although I haven't seen this in the wild yet).

Ricardo

I tried a lot to open those files.
No success.

Tìtstewan

Quote from: Ricardo on December 11, 2012, 09:03:30 AM
I tried a lot to open those files.
No success.
Do you have tryed with the QuickBMS script?

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-

Ricardo

Well, I could open the PAK-files with the script but not the files inside (except LUA, Windows knows them).
A quick research with Google wasn't useful, too.
I think that Ubisoft made their own containers. We need someone with modding-experience who knows how to solve the problem.

bommel

Like I said, if it's a proprietary format especially developed for the game it is kinda hard to reverse engineer, at least it takes some serious amount of time.

Tìtstewan

Quote from: bommel on December 12, 2012, 01:17:51 PM
Like I said, if it's a proprietary format especially developed for the game it is kinda hard to reverse engineer, at least it takes some serious amount of time.
Yes, you are right.

But in the .pak container have some .xml file, that I can modify. For example. I found a file, wich contains the codes for the army units on the planetary conquest.
(The minimum number on soldiers/warriors for a sector is in the non-modified game are 500. I was able to change it to 1000 or 100 etc.)
:)

Ricardo

To come back to the topic starter's wish:
It is possible to change sounds/language. Wrong spoken Na'vi can be substituted.