releasing the game before the movie was a big mistake

(1/3) > >>

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng:
James Cameron says that releasing the game before was a big mistake, that's why it doesn't is like the movie

Why the Avatar Game Failed
The 3D debate is heating up in gaming as well, and it seems to have more critics than fans -- at least from the outside. Within the game industry, developers seem excited about 3D's potential. With Sony, Nintendo, and Nvidia all trumpeting 3D games -- and key publishers like Ubisoft committing half of their titles to the 3D format -- 3D isn't going to go away. But it's still in its early stages. Even Cameron's first video game project, Ubisoft's James Cameron's Avatar: The Video Game, failed to ride the coattails of the film's success.

"What I think we did wrong with the Avatar game was to release it before the film opened," Cameron admits. "I think that the Avatar brand hadn't been well enough established yet since the film hadn't opened. And the game got lost in the pre-Christmas rush with all the other big titles and sequels, and it didn't do as well as everybody hoped it would. I think there were lessons learned and things we need to do better."

http://www.gamepro.com/article/features/224402/james-cameron-the-future-of-games-is-3d/

EstebanAVTRBoy:
Certainly, Cameron is a bit right in what he says, but however, I love the game in the same way as the movie. ;D

Tìtstewan:
Well, since the revive is a new trend here, and because I have that game too, I can say what is the big fail of that game.
Ubisoft have broke a lot of possibilities of that game. The single player missions they could do much better and map could be created more playable.
It was annoying that I couldn't fly the Ikran over the mountains in Kaoliä Tei for example, only in the "valleys".
Also why an AI Ikran is able to do an attack to the humans, but if I ride an Ikran, I can't do any "active" attack.
Also it were possible to create for every section of the globe of Pandora an own map (just for more maps).
And one of the most annoying thing is, tha modder cannot mod that game, it is quite impossible...
It just sad. :(

Eana Unil:

--- Quote from: Tìtstewan on October 04, 2013, 05:25:50 am ---Well, since the revive is a new trend here, and because I have that game too, I can say what is the big fail of that game.
Ubisoft have broke a lot of possibilities of that game. The single player missions they could do much better and map could be created more playable.
It was annoying that I couldn't fly the Ikran over the mountains in Kaoliä Tei for example, only in the "valleys".
Also why an AI Ikran is able to do an attack to the humans, but if I ride an Ikran, I can't do any "active" attack.
Also it were possible to create for every section of the globe of Pandora an own map (just for more maps).
And one of the most annoying thing is, tha modder cannot mod that game, it is quite impossible...
It just sad. :(

--- End quote ---
Mllte ngahu, but imho that's by far not the worst about that game. I played it twice. And every single time I played (parts of) it, it hurt me to see all those mistakes and failures of content. The language, the names (Beyda'amo), the stuff about those weird "harmonics" or whatever they're called in the English version, it all made me sad, very sad only.
The game was a total disappointment to me, also because it's technically just crappy, the textures are bad and cheap, the gameplay is terrible, but hey, at least you can be a Na'vi for some hours, run and fly on Pandora and kick some aytìm sawtuteyä, hrh. ... Tse, pxasìk, I won't play it ever again, I guess.

Tìtstewan:
Just by the way, "Kaoliä Tei" is also incorrect, because it is an invalid word. One big dissapointment is the last mission. You fly only the way with the Toruk to the tree and also the map will locked (you cannot arrive the landplatforem where you arrive that map). The night there are great:
old gallery link?id=5149[/img]
but the missions are too short....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version