Some help with the PC Version...

Started by Atoki Atanyä, February 14, 2010, 11:23:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atoki Atanyä

Kaltxi ma smukan,

I just purchased the PC version of the game, and after installing it on my PC have discovered it will not work. My sound is set to under 48000kHz, so that is not the issue.

When i try to load the first level, the loading screen appears and the loading disc thing begins to glow/rotate. HOWEVER, it then freezes, and when i go to Windows Task Manager it tells me that the game is not responding.

Has this happened to anyone else? How did you solve it?

PS: I have tried running it as both Admin and in compatibility mode. I am running Windows Vista.

Txan irayo for any help. :)

Atoki
Atoki's Guide to Learning Na'vi: Part One is Here!

Kxanìa Na'rìng

try finding a way to turn your graphics setting down maybe.. I run an old machine and it runs fine on medium setting..

If it crashes where you stated.. it usually means that your computer cant run something with graphics.
"Why look who it is... YOU!... How'bout that." Lord Sheogorath

Txur Txe’lan

it may be your graphics card. if its outdated its not going to load the game properly. Try what ma Kxanìa Na'rìng said.

Atoki Atanyä

Quote from: Kxanìa Na'rìng on February 14, 2010, 12:20:29 PM
If it crashes where you stated.. it usually means that your computer cant run something with graphics.

Computer....

Time to update my graphics card. It's odd, i can get to the main menu and adjust my settings, just not play. I would assume that the installer would at least check you have the minimum requirements to run. Then again: Kinda my job too :P

Oh well, I've needed a new graphics card for a while.

Txan irayo ma smukan,

Atoki
Atoki's Guide to Learning Na'vi: Part One is Here!

Txur Txe’lan

yea, i need a new one to run the game too, and my computer is only 2 years old. it can barley load the menu screen

Technowraith

I would check to make sure you have at least the minimum system requirements to run the game. Though i would be a bit more comfortable with the recommended requirements. My computer can't handle the game, yet i have the recommended requirements. Beginning to think it's either a device conflict or a bad install. I'm gonna do some clean-up work on the system tomorrow after work and then do a clean uninstall, a fresh re-install and give it another go.
See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Kxanìa Na'rìng

Whether or not you are using a card that can run Shader 3.0 is very important. It is usually what can kill a game before anything else.
My PC is around 6 years going on 7 years old, but I made sure it had an, *shudder*, AGP graphics card that had Shader 3.0 support.. I need a new PC.

Minimum System Requirements:
CPU:3.2 Ghz Intel Pentium 4, 2.66 Ghz Intel Pentium D, AMD Athlon 64 3500+ or better
RAM:1 GB (2 GB minimum for Windows Vista and Windows 7)
VGA:256 MB DirectX 10.0-compliant video card or DirectX 9.0-compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher, See supported List*
DX:DirectX 9.0 (included), DirectX 10
HDD:4 GB
Sound:DirectX 9.0-compliant sound card
Network:128 kbps Broadband connection

Recommended System Requirements:
CPU:Intel Core 2 Duo Family, AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+, AMD Phenom or better
RAM:2 GB
VGA:512 MB DirectX 10.0-compliant video card or DirectX 9.0-compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher, See supported List*
DX:DirectX 9.0 (included), DirectX 10
HDD:4 GB
Sound:DirectX 9.0-compliant 5.1 sound card
Network:256 kbps Broadband connection

Technowraith

Thing is, my videocard doesn't state whether it can run Shader 3.0 or not. the card is a year old, an Invidia geforce chipset.

Not willing to buy an entire new videocard just for a game. Though i will admit i've done that before. ^.^

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Kxanìa Na'rìng

done it too.. I got this card for EVE online... was worth it... but now I need a new computer.. oi.. this one is getting way too old for what I do.

Ikranä mokri

this is an illegal request (im not sure though) probs so ill put it in a spoiler and u can reply if u want

Tirea Tskoyä has a new look see it[url=http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-

Technowraith

Quote from: Twonyu Ikranä on February 23, 2010, 02:01:09 PM
this is an illegal request (im not sure though) probs so ill put it in a spoiler and u can reply if u want

You probably shouldn't be asking this here. You're treading on very dangerous territory with the Ban Ikran. (No joke here). There's no legit way to reset/recover the CD key other than digging through the computer's registry (dicey at best) or using the ultra illegal method of cracking or pirating. The CD key is usually on the cover of the CD case that the game came in. Try looking for the case. If the cd's came in paper sleeves instead of cases, then you may be out of luck. Try contacting the game's customer service or tech support for a solution.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Ikranä mokri

goddamn i dint want to revert to illegal ways but it looks as if ill have to :(

im sorry for putting my request up i just had to know

irayo ma aysmuk

Tirea Tskoyä has a new look see it[url=http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-

Technowraith

Quote from: Twonyu Ikranä on February 24, 2010, 04:00:33 AM
goddamn i dint want to revert to illegal ways but it looks as if ill have to :(

im sorry for putting my request up i just had to know

irayo ma aysmuk

You should try contacting the games tech support or something. The mere fact that you're stating to illegally obtain the game will likely get you banned from the forums. If you have all the documentation that came with the game, one of those pieces of paper should have the CD-key somewhere. Even check the game's manual, because some games write the code on the manual somewhere, usually on the back cover or inside the front cover.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Txur Txe’lan

try looking inside the disk case. i know in some of the games i play its underneath the plastic tray where the disk sits. if not call costumer service. if you can provide proof that you bought the came and you give them the game serial number they can give it to you. if they cant help then just play it at your friends house or buy it. don't use illegal programs