A few thoughts on the screener leak...

Started by Esperanto, February 05, 2010, 08:46:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esperanto

I know that crap copies have made their way around the interwebs recently... but I just found out this morning that some asshat awards voter has leaked the consideration DVD online. I will not give details about it because I'm not downloading it and I know you guys wouldn't either out of respect.

The point of this post is that I had to get off my chest how ridiculously stupid I find this to be. People complain that none of the studios make good movies anymore, yet when one does come out they don't actually go and support it, but download it for free instead with most downloading a cam copy and saying how much the movie sucks, but in contrast it's because the pirated copy is of such poor quality. Sure I think some of the suits at the RIAA and MPAA are greedy but that doesn't mean I'm going to go and take food from the production team's families... I mean, this was Cameron's baby and it took HEAPS of people to produce... and EVERY ONE of them had to be paid.

You can't bite the hand that feeds you... if you want good movies and possibly good sequels, you have to show the studios that they are worth producing by *gasp* buying a ticket. There's no such thing as a free lunch and if piracy stays out of control our multimedia quality will continue to suffer. In short, I hope the voter is caught using the hidden watermarking system and faces jail time. SKXAWNG! >:(

*breathes as face color returns to normal*
It's quite fitting that it's raining down here now.
Lu Oeyä Ikranit ulte ayoe 'awsiteng mivakto.

'Itan Atxur

I know what you mean. I used to know a big time pirater too. He told me he had roughly a terabyte of pirated software. I tried reasoning with him but it wasn't meant to be.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Shoep

I must say i did download a Cam vid from the interwebs after i saw Avatar in the cinema for the 4th time. And i will most likely download a DVD rip of Avatar as soon as it gets out.
As it'll probaly take a while before the Avatar Special edition comes out. And i dont feel like buying Avatar once, then a second time for the special features + scenes that were cut out.

I'm pretty much a big pirate, too. Have over 2,5 terabite of pirated software, and never had a problem with it, no virusses or anything.

When i download i game i end up liking alot, i also buy it. But as most producers feel too good to make a playable Demo for their games, i'm not going to risk paying 60 euros for a game i might not even like.

Toruk Makto

MODERATOR:

Shoep, that stupid admission just earned you a posting ban.  We do NOT advocate pirates and we don't tolerate them.

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf