Avatar Intro - I think it's perfect

Started by Kerame Pxel Nume, April 18, 2010, 04:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the first 10 minutes of Avatar like they are, or would you change it?

I'd like to see a little bit of Jake's earthly life
It's good but some minor editing was okay.
I'd like to see a little bit of Jake's earthly life
I definitely want the bar fight scene in. SHOW ME EARTH!

Kerame Pxel Nume

After I saw Avatar the first time I already then thought, that its intro, the very first 10 minutes have been the finest in intro editing and screenplay I've seen in a looong time. And with every time I watched the movie I liked it more. These first distant drums, the solo singing voice, exposing us directly into flying over a jungle. The convolution of a single event back on earth, changing the life of the protagonist and later a whole world. I'd even go so far to say, that this kind of intro is sort of the signature of Avatar and hopefully also the sequels - like the scroller text and the spaceship entering the frame from above has been for Star Wars.

Even more I was surprised, when I learned, that JC's first intention was, to show us a glimpse of Jake's life on earth, his desire to have something worth fighting for. And that the new into has been edited at literally the very last days before release.

Now with those considerations of a return of Avatar to cinemas in fall in the form of an extended version I fear, that this superb piece of editing might be spoiled. Does anybody think like me?

EDIT: Changed the last paragraph to a subtly more carefull wording.

Niwantaw

i would like to see a bit of back story about Jake before pandora and a little bit about Tom before he died.

yes i know curiosity killed the cat but i AM curious about them before pandora
Only mostly AWOL.

Kxeyo

Intro ftw! JC, whatever you do, don't touch at least the first five minutes of the movie. I really really love that flight over the planet before you see him wake up. Maybe they could add a flashback, but please don't start the movie different!
Oe lu Kxeyo—

—pa'liyä maktoyu. Vitra ata'lengean oeru lu. ♾️

Quote from: Ku'rända on January 09, 2011, 11:32:47 AMActually, that would be an interesting thought; if gay Na'vi would actually mate, or just run off in the bushes for a little bum-fun!

Quote from: Alyara Arati on February 24, 2012, 06:15:11 AMKxa (Open your mouth and say "Kxa") :P

omängum fra'uti

Due to the limitations of IMAX, there are only 10 additional minutes for the rerelease, and I doubt that would be spent on the intro.  Look for uniltaron to make an appearance, maybe more "becoming one of the people" footage, perhaps a little Jake and Neytiri sitting near a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G, perhaps a little extra preparing for battle footage.  But I'd be surprised to see the intro extended.
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

I like the intro to avatar, but one other intro I really like is from the movie "7 pounds" the one with will smith in it. (man he's an awesome actor)
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä}

hell's yeah he is! its great someone else likes him.

Quote from: Tawtute akawng on April 18, 2010, 04:48:45 PM
i would like to see a bit of back story about Jake before pandora and a little bit about Tom before he died.

yes i know curiosity killed the cat but i AM curious about them before pandora

they will have that in the extended edition of avatar in IMAX.

old gallery link?id=2254[/img]

sezawte

The intro is fantastic but the earth backstory isn't clearly explained (so I looked it up) so it might be better if they'd had more backstory in the intro
join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Interested in a camping trip in the UK? Find out more Here

Eyamsiyu

I agree with the OP, the beginning was quite perfect as it is.  Personally I would have liked to see the bar scene in the beginning, but I think that wouldn't have the same effect that the original beginning had.  And Cameron wanted perfection in this movie.

I'll bet it's included in the special DVD/Bluray, so I'm not complaining too much.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Eyamsiyu

Quote from: Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä} on April 20, 2010, 04:54:18 PM
it is. i just explained that!

Sorry, didn't see your post.  Guess I was just making sure people knew.  ;)

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Its k, not everyone reads past pages. ::)

Eana Tanhì

QuoteI agree with the OP, the beginning was quite perfect as it is.  Personally I would have liked to see the bar scene in the beginning, but I think that wouldn't have the same effect that the original beginning had.  And Cameron wanted perfection in this movie.

I'll bet it's included in the special DVD/Bluray, so I'm not complaining too much.

that  :D

Dreams die first because people give them up so easily...

Ash

Although I am interested in the additional scenes, the beauty of the opening does by far outweigh this. I indeed do think as well that the intro is perfect or close to perfection with that haunting chant, the short sentences spoken and the jumping between the moments in the crematory and the descent to Pandora. It also does add "You don't dream in cryo" to the already hard choice of favorite tracks on the soundtrack for me.

'Itan Atxur

I agree, the opening scene, heck the opening SOUND is perfect.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

yes it is we can all agree with it. almost dreamlike...

'Itan Atxur

Captures your right off the get go, and never lets go for even a second.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE