Are you in love with an Avatar character?

Started by Tutee A-nawm, December 27, 2009, 07:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tengfya swizaw

Quote from: Kametu on January 03, 2010, 07:33:44 PM

hehe, the only reason i actually was pointed out to that is because it was on the parents guid on IMDB at some point, seems to have been taken down though :/.  anyway, I was just trying to classify their species, which definitely does not seem to be mammal.  However, they are alien, so why would we expect them to be :P

Yeah. It would be far too convenient if the first sentient alien species that humankind runs into is mammalian. Which brings us on a long, winding road about what defines life and so on. But we're just talking about sex for now, so anyways.

Here's to not knowing exactly what you're saying and having fun with it.

Proud founder of the DeviantART Learn Na'vi group!
http://learnnavi.deviantart.com/

MaTe

Quote from: Tengfya swizaw on January 03, 2010, 07:14:40 PM

Despite this being a socially awkward thread for probably quite a few people, I think that a lot of people have been thinking about this more than they'd like to admit. Including me and most other young males who have seen the movie.

At one of .ru forums, one guy admits a crush for neytiri, so he is proposed a solution involving, but not limited to a nice-looking girl, blue paint, ears... He said he already tried it, but got called a skxawng.
Where is my NDD fix?
some people juggle geese...

Sylwanin ean Tanhì

Quote from: Kametu on January 03, 2010, 07:33:44 PM
Quote from: Tengfya swizaw on January 03, 2010, 07:14:40 PM
Despite this being a socially awkward thread for probably quite a few people, I think that a lot of people have been thinking about this more than they'd like to admit. Including me and most other young males who have seen the movie.

hehe, the only reason i actually was pointed out to that is because it was on the parents guid on IMDB at some point, seems to have been taken down though :/.  anyway, I was just trying to classify their species, which definitely does not seem to be mammal.  However, they are alien, so why would we expect them to be :P

Somehow I cant imagine them laying eggs [lol] OR being pregnant but I don't think there's any other way ... the most "imaginable" 1 is being pregnant.
I have thought of all the animals I could and the different ways they create life [and bring it to this world] and that's the only 1 I could relate to them.

Can anyone else think of any other way? ::)
well... since I've tried to stop my interest from waning and it has been impossible here cuz People are discriminate. I'm in no need of the forum to learn na'vi.

bagget00

there is another way, they leave it a mystery and skip right to sulley haveing a small boy or girl.
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

Tengfya swizaw

Ah, but where's the fun in that? That leaves a plothole the size of the Mariana Trench, not to mention disappointing dozens of hopeful Na'vi fanboys, critics, and xenobiologists!

Here's to not knowing exactly what you're saying and having fun with it.

Proud founder of the DeviantART Learn Na'vi group!
http://learnnavi.deviantart.com/

bagget00

meh. whichever cameron chooses is the one were gonna have to go with tho.
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

Brainiac

I think I found the eastern sea tribe leader! Not sure, though. Her character is listed as Na'vi/Dragon Navigator. Could it really be?
Speed is a ppoor sbubstitue fo accurancy

Check out my blogif my presence on this board isn't weird enough for you.

fkeua vrrtep

nothing could every outbid neytiris inner beauty and nobleness ,everything she stands for represents the real ideals we should fight for and not selfish and false ideals we are taught by our so called society , call me crazy or whatever but if i only had 1% of a chance to get to pandora , I'd give everything for a flight with her on one of the ikrans or only a conversation with her , a suggestion to do better in life ,that would leave me sattisfied for the rest of my life and I'd know that there is something to live and fight for , i'd take the risk or be damned forever because the world we live in is just going down so fast , humanity is literally sawing through the branch it's sitting on and I don't want to be a part of that self destructing machinery anymore .
I wanted you to know
I love the way you laugh
I wanna hold you high and steal your pain away
I keep your photograph
I know it serves me well
I wanna hold you high and steal your pain

'cause i'm broken,
when i'm lonesome
and i don't feel right
when you're gone away

Sngä'i Tìrey-yä

Quote from: fkeua vrrtep on January 05, 2010, 09:45:17 AM
nothing could every outbid neytiris inner beauty and nobleness ,everything she stands for represents the real ideals we should fight for and not selfish and false ideals we are taught by our so called society , call me crazy or whatever but if i only had 1% of a chance to get to pandora , I'd give everything for a flight with her on one of the ikrans or only a conversation with her , a suggestion to do better in life , i'd take the risk or be damned forever because the world we live in is just going down so fast , humanity is literally sawing through the branch it's sitting on and I don't want to be a part of that self destructing machinery anymore .

Humanity has its faults, but we can't be a negative nancy about everything our species has done. For every bad thing going on in the world there are good people working to mend fences and solve problems. I'm a pretty firm believer in the idea that if people stopped complaining about the state of the world and actually took some of their time and used it to make the world a better place, we wouldn't have to be 'sawing through the branch we're sitting on'.

Besides, I'm sure the Na'vi have their problems too. Just because we've only been presented with the good doesn't mean the negative won't show up the sequels... after all, there always needs to be a villain.
Avatar is a movie about a guy with blue balls running through the forest chasing tail.

fkeua vrrtep

Quote from: Sngä'i Tìrey-yä on January 05, 2010, 09:53:14 AM
nothing could every outbid neytiris inner beauty and nobleness ,everything she stands for represents the real ideals we should fight for and not selfish and false ideals we are taught by our so called society , call me crazy or whatever but if i only had 1% of a chance to get to pandora , I'd give everything for a flight with her on one of the ikrans or only a conversation with her , a suggestion to do better in life , i'd take the risk or be damned forever because the world we live in is just going down so fast , humanity is literally sawing through the branch it's sitting on and I don't want to be a part of that self destructing machinery anymore .

Humanity has its faults, but we can't be a negative nancy about everything our species has done. For every bad thing going on in the world there are good people working to mend fences and solve problems. I'm a pretty firm believer in the idea that if people stopped complaining about the state of the world and actually took some of their time and used it to make the world a better place, we wouldn't have to be 'sawing through the branch we're sitting on'.

Besides, I'm sure the Na'vi have their problems too. Just because we've only been presented with the good doesn't mean the negative won't show up the sequels... after all, there always needs to be a villain.

It's still alot better world than the one we are living in , I'd change places at anytime .
I wanted you to know
I love the way you laugh
I keep your photograph
I know it serves me well

'cause i'm broken,
when i'm lonesome
and i don't feel right
when you're gone away

Sngä'i Tìrey-yä

Quote from: fkeua vrrtep on January 05, 2010, 10:00:15 AM

It's still alot better world than the one we are living in , I'd change places at anytime .

Well sadly, you're stuck.

So put a smile on that face and start counting the things you're grateful for! It could always be worse. :)
Avatar is a movie about a guy with blue balls running through the forest chasing tail.

fkeua vrrtep

Quote from: Sngä'i Tìrey-yä on January 05, 2010, 10:01:55 AM

So put a smile on that face and start counting the things you're grateful for! It could always be worse. :)

how could you not be stuck when shown such a beautiful example of life and then you are driven back to the sad reality you'll have to keep on living in ?
I wanted you to know
I love the way you laugh
I keep your photograph
I know it serves me well

'cause i'm broken,
when i'm lonesome
and i don't feel right
when you're gone away

Doxy

Sngä'i Tìrey-yä

Quote from: fkeua vrrtep on January 05, 2010, 10:04:23 AM

how could you not be stuck when shown such a beautiful example of life and then you are driven back to the sad reality you'll have to keep on living in ?

Acceptance is key. If you complain and act miserable about your life on earth, then its going to be miserable. Its been shown in studies that if someone has a positive attitude towards the good things in their life, they're more likely to be happier with themselves in return. No use complaining about something we have no control over, am I right?

fkeua vrrtep

Quote from: Sngä'i Tìrey-yä on January 05, 2010, 10:12:49 AM

Acceptance is key. If you complain and act miserable about your life on earth, then its going to be miserable. Its been shown in studies that if someone has a positive attitude towards the good things in their life, they're more likely to be happier with themselves in return. No use complaining about something we have no control over, am I right?

I'm caught in a depressive mood for a long time now if you can say so , Ive been disappointed many times not only from people but from life aswell cosidering the society I live in , and it's really hard to find anything that let's me derive some energy which seems to be constantly being drained from me , everytime I find something that makes me feel better , whether it's taken again from me or even more pressure gets piled up on my shoulders .
I guess it's not that easy as you tell me to just simply value the good things if there simply are non or they are dosed in such minimal ways that you can barely recognize them at all.
I wanted you to know
I love the way you laugh
I keep your photograph
I know it serves me well

'cause i'm broken,
when i'm lonesome
and i don't feel right
when you're gone away

Sngä'i Tìrey-yä

Quote from: fkeua vrrtep on January 05, 2010, 10:27:48 AM

I'm caught in a depressive mood for a long time now if you can say so , Ive been disappointed many times not only from people but from life aswell cosidering the society I live in , and it's really hard to find anything that let's me derive some energy which seems to be constantly being drained from me , everytime I find something that makes me feel better , whether it's taken again from me or even more pressure gets piled up on my shoulders .

I was like that too for a bit, but then I grew out of it. I spent a few years working at a food pantry and I was a 'Big Sister' for a year for an underprivileged little girl. I traveled to Europe, Mexico, and Asia and saw lots of individuals who were happy with a roof over their head and something to fill the stomachs at night. All of this really helped put life in perspective for me.

You'll never know how good you have it until you listen to an eight year old talk about going hungry yesterday, simply because there was nothing to eat.

fkeua vrrtep

Quote from: Sngä'i Tìrey-yä on January 05, 2010, 10:31:29 AM
Quote from: fkeua vrrtep on January 05, 2010, 10:27:48 AM

I was like that too for a bit, but then I grew out of it. I spent a few years working at a food pantry and I was a 'Big Sister' for a year for an underprivileged little girl. I traveled to Europe, Mexico, and Asia and saw lots of individuals who were happy with a roof over their head and something to fill the stomachs at night. All of this really helped put life in perspective for me.

You'll never know how good you have it until you listen to an eight year old talk about going hungry yesterday, simply because there was nothing to eat.

I've been thinking alot of traveling around in the world , I've always been fascinated specially by humans living their simple lifes , rainforest have also always been attracting my attention , I just love the variety of life in it and the fact that it's so untouched and still holds alot of secrets it wants to share with us , someday I'll travel to the phillipines or somewhere else in souther east asia , south america specially venezuela would be one of my destinations too , it just has a beautiful landscape , it's a true paradise .

http://pixdaus.com/pics/htl5GG296GN52YMbq5.jpg

This is just what I mean .
I wanted you to know
I love the way you laugh
I keep your photograph
I know it serves me well

'cause i'm broken,
when i'm lonesome
and i don't feel right
when you're gone away

Coyote

I'm going to try to avoid building another pyramid here!  ;)

But instead of acceptance, maybe another word to try is "reconciliation". Things suck, but you rather than worrying about it, you reconcile yourself to the fact that that's the way it is, and that you have an opportunity to deal with the situation.

If someone is, to use your example, sawing the branch that they're sitting on, there are many things that need to be done. But first and foremost, is to stop the sawing. Remove the direct source of the danger. That means that, no matter what is going on in the world that is bad, make sure you're not taking part in it yourself.

Sometimes that is super easy. Every day you wake up and do not join the Nazi Party, for example, is one way to avoid becoming part of the problem. But like I said, that one is kind of a "gimme".  ;)

But just don't contribute to the problems first and foremost if you can avoid it. Buy organic and cruelty-free products, in recyclable containers. Not only are you increasing the demand for these products, you are also, at the same time, decreasing the demand for wasteful and destructive products-- two birds, one stone.

There's nothing wrong with using natural resources-- the trick is to use them wisely and with forethought. There's nothing wrong with, say, electric lights. But does the power come from a coal plant? Or solar?

Like I said in an earlier post on this subject-- a real breakthrough in this kind of thinking started a few years ago, when ordinary people started thinking about these things, and it was no longer just the purview of scientists and dreamers.

I believe change is coming. It's never easy, but never give up. We have to play the hand of cards we were dealt upon birth the best we can, and in the industrialized nations we have a lot more power than we think. Spreading awareness and responsibility, lobbying and voting... everyone needs to be a "soldier" in this battle. The trenches are the recycling bins, the weapons are awareness and willingness to act. Consider yourself recruited.  ;D
In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

Brainiac

Speed is a ppoor sbubstitue fo accurancy

Check out my blogif my presence on this board isn't weird enough for you.

Coyote

Ahh, now we can get back to meat & bones of this thread: smokin' hot blue chicks.  ;D

(Or blue dudes, for those who are so inclined!)
In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.