Are you in love with an Avatar character?

Started by Tutee A-nawm, December 27, 2009, 07:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fkeua vrrtep

Quote from: Coyote on January 05, 2010, 11:20:28 AM
I'm going to try to avoid building another pyramid here!  ;)

But instead of acceptance, maybe another word to try is "reconciliation". Things suck, but you rather than worrying about it, you reconcile yourself to the fact that that's the way it is, and that you have an opportunity to deal with the situation.

If someone is, to use your example, sawing the branch that they're sitting on, there are many things that need to be done. But first and foremost, is to stop the sawing. Remove the direct source of the danger. That means that, no matter what is going on in the world that is bad, make sure you're not taking part in it yourself.

Sometimes that is super easy. Every day you wake up and do not join the Nazi Party, for example, is one way to avoid becoming part of the problem. But like I said, that one is kind of a "gimme".  ;)

But just don't contribute to the problems first and foremost if you can avoid it. Buy organic and cruelty-free products, in recyclable containers. Not only are you increasing the demand for these products, you are also, at the same time, decreasing the demand for wasteful and destructive products-- two birds, one stone.

There's nothing wrong with using natural resources-- the trick is to use them wisely and with forethought. There's nothing wrong with, say, electric lights. But does the power come from a coal plant? Or solar?

Like I said in an earlier post on this subject-- a real breakthrough in this kind of thinking started a few years ago, when ordinary people started thinking about these things, and it was no longer just the purview of scientists and dreamers.

I believe change is coming. It's never easy, but never give up. We have to play the hand of cards we were dealt upon birth the best we can, and in the industrialized nations we have a lot more power than we think. Spreading awareness and responsibility, lobbying and voting... everyone needs to be a "soldier" in this battle. The trenches are the recycling bins, the weapons are awareness and willingness to act. Consider yourself recruited.  ;D

I agree , but channeling the willpower of the people has always been hard , and if you look back at history there are many who abused the ability to do that and suddenly took a completely way than they were praising all the time to the people , as long as we do not stand up and show that we are the ones who have the power to decide about our peoples future ,or whatever we want to change , the so called leaders of our nations and our governments will keep fooling us , just like our new chancellor and two party system that has been voted in my country back in septembre is a huge disappointment again , all they do is promise over and over again and as soon as they are voted they just turn the other way around .
I wanted you to know
I love the way you laugh
I wanna hold you high and steal your pain away
I keep your photograph
I know it serves me well
I wanna hold you high and steal your pain

'cause i'm broken,
when i'm lonesome
and i don't feel right
when you're gone away

Coyote

Quote from: fkeua vrrtep on January 05, 2010, 11:32:09 AMI agree , but channeling the willpower of the people has always been hard , and if you look back at history there are many who abused the ability to do that and suddenly took a completely way than they were praising all the time to the people , as long as we do not stand up and show that we are the ones who have the power to decide about our peoples future ,or whatever we want to change , the so called leaders of our nations and our governments will keep fooling us , just like our new chancellor and two party system that has been voted in my country back in septembre is a huge disappointment again , all they do is promise over and over again and as soon as they are voted they just turn the other way around .

Tell ya what, sometimes the best thing in the world you can do is... be seen doing the right thing. People around you may not react, but there are always children watching to see if grown ups (or older kids) are doing things that refect their beliefs.

Kids are always watching, to see if what they are told is "the right thing" are what the older people are actually doing. Be seen being a quiet hero.

In the movie Avatar, Jake took an unpopular stand against others. He stood up for the Na'vi and was called a traitor by the humans around him. But we cheer for Jake-- he stuck to his beliefs and did the right thing and was the hero.

So now, you can buy the right products, recycle, use low-impact energy, write a check for Greenpeace... and congratulations! You're an every-day Jake Sully. And if someone calls you a name or teases you about it, so what? Jake was called worse and treated worse. And just like in the movie, you stick up for your beliefs regardless of what the smaller people say and drive on.

Really, we should take this to the "philosophy" thread or somewhere. We're taking the mojo from the subject line; loving those Na'vi sweets.  :)
In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

Eight

*Phew*

Just found this topic and I'm so glad it's not just me. My friend actually turned round to me during Jake's first meeting with Neytiri and said "I bet you fancy her". I mumbled "no" but that's only because I was still trying to pick my jaw up off the floor and stop drooling.

Brainiac

I know a guy who (says he) really doesn't think Avatar is good. He confessed yesterday how much he liked Neytiri  ;D
Speed is a ppoor sbubstitue fo accurancy

Check out my blogif my presence on this board isn't weird enough for you.

Swok Txon

I say!
Michelle Rodriguez and her awesome rack and ass!  ;D

fkeua vrrtep

Quote from: Lì'uyä täftxuyu on January 09, 2010, 01:05:20 PM
I know a guy who (says he) really doesn't think Avatar is good. He confessed yesterday how much he liked Neytiri  ;D

Well , you can't really deny that she just looks awesome , I like her hair alot but her personality is still the best thing about her.
I wanted you to know
I love the way you laugh
I wanna hold you high and steal your pain away
I keep your photograph
I know it serves me well
I wanna hold you high and steal your pain

'cause i'm broken,
when i'm lonesome
and i don't feel right
when you're gone away

'Tsamsiyu

to be honest... i like all the characters... but Neytiri, even though she is an alien, is beautiful and sexy in everyway :O and i love the way she is in tune with nature...

http://www.indiemoviesonline.com/files/images/avatar-neytiri-top.jpg

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/jamescameronsavatar/images/5/5b/Neytiri.png

'...Sooner or later though, you've gotta wake up...'
Tsamsiyu oe lu. Ngeyä krr lu hasey.

'There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much' - Dr. Grace Augustine

'I dreamt I was a Warrior that could bring peace... sooner or later though... you always have to wake up...'

GENERATION 20: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Robert Nantangä Tirea

Quote from: fkeua vrrtep on January 09, 2010, 02:33:01 PM

Well , you can't really deny that she just looks awesome , I like her hair alot but her personality is still the best thing about her.
Yea, I agree about the hair. I mean, I've always been a sucker for long dark hair, but when it was down out of braids when she and Jake are alone in the tree of souls grove...

... hawtness ;D

That scene is actually my background atm LOL

How does a man choose between fresh and fly?

COSPLAY LIKE A BOSS!

NotW Celebrity #11!

Sylwanin ean Tanhì

well... since I've tried to stop my interest from waning and it has been impossible here cuz People are discriminate. I'm in no need of the forum to learn na'vi.

Txontaw

Quote from: Robert Nantangä Tirea on January 09, 2010, 03:43:56 PM

Yea, I agree about the hair. I mean, I've always been a sucker for long dark hair, but when it was down out of braids when she and Jake are alone in the tree of souls grove...

... hawtness ;D

Wait. You have the sex scene as your background? Creepy...
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Robert Nantangä Tirea

Quote from: Txontaw on January 09, 2010, 04:01:50 PM
Quote from: Robert Nantangä Tirea on January 09, 2010, 03:43:56 PM
I know a guy who (says he) really doesn't think Avatar is good. He confessed yesterday how much he liked Neytiri  ;D

... hawtness ;D

Wait. You have the sex scene as your background? Creepy...

hahaha no but that would be WIN :D

I guess I misspoke (mistyped?) . I meant, her with her hair down is my background.

THIS is my background. It was originaly a coke zero promo pic but I trimmed the text off it because my laptop screen is wider than it is tall and it fits better without distortion. I set my default background to black with this image centered.

How does a man choose between fresh and fly?

COSPLAY LIKE A BOSS!

NotW Celebrity #11!

Txontaw

Awwwwww <3

She does look better with her hair down.
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Sngä'i Tìrey-yä

Ya, I love how some of her hair was pinned back with a flower as she and Jake were returning the 'morning after'.

Just like I loved Jake's hair more before he went to the mohawk braid...
Avatar is a movie about a guy with blue balls running through the forest chasing tail.

NovaN75

Who was the one that was the best singer in the village? I'd pick but the name escapes me.
It's quite a large universe, who could say what's out there?

Txontaw

Quote from: NovaN75 on January 10, 2010, 12:20:06 AM
Who was the one that was the best singer in the village? I'd pick but the name escapes me.

Ninat, I believe.

Étienne

Hawnuyu atìtse'a

"And that's how you scatter the roaches."- Col. Miles Quaritch.

Team Quaritch Member

Rey ulte ting rey.

Étienne