Avatar 4? Seems to be a possibility...

Started by Meuiama Tsamsiyu (Toruk Makto), May 05, 2012, 10:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meuiama Tsamsiyu (Toruk Makto)

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/05/05/james-cameron-teases-avatar-seems-kill-off-battle-angel/

I don't know if it's because planning for the Avatar sequels has been going so well, or maybe James Cameron's scripts for parts 2 and 3 have ended up overrunning, but for the first time, the writer-director has mentioned the possibility of a part 4.

That, I think, is the good news. The rest is bad.

Cameron was speaking to the New York Times about his professional future:

"I've divided my time over the last 16 years over deep ocean exploration and filmmaking. I've made two movies in 16 years, and I've done eight expeditions.

Last year I basically completely disbanded my production company's development arm. So I'm not interested in developing anything. I'm in the Avatar business. Period. That's it. I'm making Avatar 2, Avatar 3, maybe Avatar 4,and I'm not going to produce other people's movies for them. I'm not interested in taking scripts.

And that all sounds I suppose a little bit restricted, but the point is I think within the Avatar landscape I can say everything I need to say that I think needs to be said, in terms of the state of the world and what I think we need to be doing about it. And doing it in an entertaining way. And anything I can't say in that area, I want to say through documentaries, which I'm continuing.

I've done five documentaries in the last 10 years, and I'll hopefully do a lot more. In fact, I'm doing one right now, which is on this, the Deep Sea Challenge project that we just completed the first expedition. So that'll be a film that'll get made this year and come out first quarter of next year.

A few weeks back, when I was speaking with Cameron, he spoke as though Battle Angel was still a possibility.

Maybe he's rather more capricious than I had expected and these plans will change again. Or maybe not. He's maybe just the King of Pandora from here on out.

"He who destroys a good book kills reason itself." -John Milton

"Mathematics is the gate and key to the sciences." -Roger Bacon

"There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance." -Socrates

Seze Mune

One thing is certain about life: things change.  Cameron changes.  The future is always in play, so who knows what he'll really do until then?

Thank you very much for finding this!   ;)

Quote from: Seze Mune on May 05, 2012, 10:54:05 PM
One thing is certain about life: things change.  Cameron changes.  The future is always in play, so who knows what he'll really do until then?

Thank you very much for finding this!   ;)

I have to give credit to Raiden Thundergod... I saw him post it on Facebook and created this thread for all you wonderful people to theorize and talk about.

Personally I think this is a great opportunity for Cameron and Landau to place more information into the future movies... IE: The real Na'vi culture that was so horribly removed from the first movie.

Seze Mune

I have a fantasy that they will mine Learn Na'vi for ideas.

Quote from: Seze Mune on May 05, 2012, 11:19:04 PM
I have a fantasy that they will mine Learn Na'vi for ideas.

They are not allowed to do things like that in the name of rights. Otherwise they would be obligated to pay ALL of us a very high price for the use of these ideas, theories and concepts.

Kamean

Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

I see this as a very good thing cause now they can step back a little and add more into the next two they intend on making... hopefully adding more Na'vi culture stuff into the mix like all the good s*** that got cut out of the first movie... even in the extended cut.

So yeah, I am very hopeful that he takes this path.

Toruk Makto

We got it straight from Jon Landau at the meetup that there will be a two and three, but not a four. Apparently Sigourney's hint drop wasn't factual.

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Niri Te

Ateyo and I will just go about the business of life on THIS planet, and if or when the other two show up, COOL we will watch them as they come out. Like the Book, ONLY JC knows for SURE.
Niri Te
Tokx alu tawtute, Tirea Le Na'vi

two and three are it for now. but our great creator james cameron says this may continue into more. with all that is wrong in the world today one can say there are an infinite of possibilities for further movies to get opinions and thoughts expressed that the masses can watch and hopefully take something from and learn a better life style

Niri Te

You have a lot more faith in the innate goodness of the average Human than I do, ma Tsmukan.
Niri Te

not even remotely. what i do have is a love for this movie and what it is meant to portray.

on another note. could not find ANY parking in seattle so did not get anything done whatsoever. did not even get to say hi to friends cause they were all in the museum or he hotel that i could not get to.

heading back across the sound to where i am staying. very upset and turned off from today. may not even try to come back tomorrow

Niri Te

Quote from: Meuiama Tsamsiyu (Toruk Makto) on July 21, 2012, 08:31:00 PM
not even remotely. what i do have is a love for this movie and what it is meant to portray.

on another note. could not find ANY parking in seattle so did not get anything done whatsoever. did not even get to say hi to friends cause they were all in the museum or he hotel that i could not get to.

heading back across the sound to where i am staying. very upset and turned off from today. may not even try to come back tomorrow

That is NOT the warrior that I have come to know. Park as far out from Seattle as Public transportation goes, park the car there, and ride public transit. If you park at SEATAC, there is a monorail that has a station on the east side of the airport, and make your way over to the monorail, if you don't find a better way. Do it like you used to, if the field of battle changes, flank the enemy, and Prevail.
Niri Te

i am already on the boat. today is a wash. i might try that tomorrow. need pt maps to figure this bs out. seattle is s*** to cars and parking

Seze Mune

Quote from: Niri Te on July 21, 2012, 08:47:51 PM
Quote from: Meuiama Tsamsiyu (Toruk Makto) on July 21, 2012, 08:31:00 PM

That is NOT the warrior that I have come to know. Park as far out from Seattle as Public transportation goes, park the car there, and ride public transit. If you park at SEATAC, there is a monorail that has a station on the east side of the airport, and make your way over to the monorail, if you don't find a better way. Do it like you used to, if the field of battle changes, flank the enemy, and Prevail.
Niri Te

I second this, ma Tsamsiyu.  Go for it!