Started by Suteyä Hawnuyu, January 16, 2010, 11:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'Itan Atxur

What exactly is Cinematography?

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

'Itan Atxur

Don't worry. All the other Oscar topics are making new posts for each win, so feel free to steal the extra posts!!

HL: 3

Can't wait to see BP in the upper right corner!

Tsa'räni

It's actually pretty complex.  The easiest thing to do is look it up on Wikipedia, as the explanation there is pretty good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinematography

'Itan Atxur

Tsu'roen

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on March 07, 2010, 09:40:25 PM
What exactly is Cinematography?
Cinematography
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Cinematography (from Greek: kinema - κίνημα "movement" and graphein - γράφειν "to record"), is the making of lighting and camera choices when recording photographic images for the cinema. It is closely related to the art of still photography. Many additional issues arise when both the camera and elements of the scene may be in motion, though this also greatly increases the creative possibilities of the process."
"There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much" ~ Dr. Grace Augustine

"You have a strong heart. No fear. But stupid!  Ignorant like a child!" ~ Neytiri te Tskaha Mo'at'ite

10x (1x 2D, 3x Real 3D, 6x IMAX 3D)
1x Special Ed. (1x IMAX 3D)

ExLibrisMortis

james horner, you can cry on my shoulder

'Itan Atxur

These ones are freebies.

Yay! 3rd for Avatar!

Tsu'roen

"There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much" ~ Dr. Grace Augustine

"You have a strong heart. No fear. But stupid!  Ignorant like a child!" ~ Neytiri te Tskaha Mo'at'ite

ExLibrisMortis

'Itan Atxur

'Itan Atxur

HL: 3

All tied up!!

If James takes this next one (which I don't think he will), we've probably got BP.

Letxuma Swizaw

I actually want the hurt locker to win TBH. I loved avatar but HL was one of the best directed and carried out films especially in the military genre (hiss! Jar Head) i have seen in a while. I might like that movie just as much as Avatar (gasp!)
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Kìrìstìyä tìpe'unri a kifkeyit kelor kawngsì tsere'a, tsafpìlfya kifkeyit tsafya txolängula.

Join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Tsawke'ong

So... I'm voting that some of us from this forum get to join the academy because I just don't think that Avatar should be missing ANY awards hehehe :D
"Every beauty which is seen here by persons of perception resembles more than anything else that celestial source from which we all are come."

Taronyu Ayunilyä Alahe

YAY AVATAR!
YAY OTHER MOVIES!
YAY!
lol random..

Quote from: neosis666 on March 07, 2010, 03:57:00 PM
I wish, unfortunately the oscars start very late for me, so some mods may need to continue updating if I have to go!

I don't even know when it'll air here.. or where...
ke plltxe ngeyä kawng tìrey lu

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Tie? LOL! We got the GOOD ones! (so far)
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Payoang

Quote from: Tsawke'ong on March 07, 2010, 10:11:30 PM
So... I'm voting that some of us from this forum get to join the academy because I just don't think that Avatar should be missing ANY awards hehehe :D

Hopefully one day. :)

'Itan Atxur

ExLibrisMortis

I think that james horner should have won best original score and not UP because JAmes' music was actually ORIGINAL!!!

Tsu'roen

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on March 07, 2010, 10:30:20 PM
Tie? LOL! We got the GOOD ones! (so far)
Nah - the good ones are these:

- Best Motion Picture of the Year

- Best Achievement in Directing

- Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role

- Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role

And Avatar is only nominated for two of those

Avatar so far only got the ones they couldn't give to any other movie without causing a riot.