Started by Suteyä Hawnuyu, January 16, 2010, 11:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Utrayä Mokri

bulls***.

It's political..Nah! I'm not happy for the decision. whatever, i will go see avatar again tomorrow.. Obstinate! :)
Merhaba! Hello! Mae Govannen! Kaltxì!

Oel tsati omum nìngay san Utral Aymokriyä sìk, slä oe zamup mì tìyawn plltxea Neytiriyä na san Utrayä Mokri sìk.

ExLibrisMortis

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Oscars were total bulls*** pardon my French. How the ******* god**** **** can they not give avatar the best ******* picture award. I mean come on seriously the ******* hurtlocker? it was a decent movie but no where near how good avatar was. I say skrew the acadamy they are full of ignorance.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

'Itan Atxur

Yeah, the beautiful thing about the oscars is that they can't steal what we've already got. All they can do is give us more.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Eaite Randjam

Boo hoo that Avatar didn't win the big ones.  Calm down it's not the end of the world.  Sorry, but most of the nominees deserve the Oscars just as much as James Cameron and Avatar.

Ikabob

that really doesnt begin to describe it imo : /.  I am not gonna go into detail because I might start to sound like a bad person... that too is very vague, but yea... gg academy you just proved once again that you dont know what your doin
When college takes up all your time... What can you really do?

Skype: Ikabob13         PSN: TR4NZ-N1GH7M4R3        Steam: N1GH7M4R3

Eyamsiyu

Look at it this way: James has two more tries to win with (what I call) the Pandora Trilogy.  However, Hurt Locker is done.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

I don't care about little statues but seriously if hurtlocker was better than avatar it would have made alot more than it did which it didn't. A large majority of the reason hurt locker was picked was because the director is a woman and no one could stand going one more year without having a woman win best director.

Utrayä Mokri

Can not they see it? I didnt go for watching any movie for twice or more in my life but avatar. I will go tomorrow for my 15th time. I don't know anybody saw it for 1 time. If it is not the BEST then why people go to see it multiple times?? What is this fckin hurt blocker? I will never see it i promise.

Oel tsati omum nìngay san Utral Aymokriyä sìk, slä oe zamup mì tìyawn plltxea Neytiriyä na san Utrayä Mokri sìk.

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Bah! I am just upset that I wasted my 1,000th post on the "Best Picture" Oscar. I also didn't like the fact that the only comment those troglodytes in Hollywood could come up with about Avatar was how much money it made. Nothing about the layers of meaning, the many messages about war, society, corporations, environmentalism, religion, and greed.

It just shows how masterful a storyteller JC is, that her can put together a movie that says so much without rubbing your nose in it to get his point across. Of course it made money. It was a brilliantly written and directed film. The effects only helped make the story that much more real. But people harping about how much money it made shows that they are RDA fodder through and through, with no sense of morality or any true understanding that there can be more to a blockbuster movie than the money it makes for its studio, and anyone who has points on the deal.

:P
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Tsu'roen

I'm not so much upset that Avatar did not win as about that The Hurt Locker won just because it was directed by a woman and a movie about the war. There were other movies that would have deserved it so much more (not necessarily Avatar)
This was just a political decision ... not about the quality or value of the movie.

But let's see who remembers The Hurt Locker in ten or even five or even next year ...
"There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much" ~ Dr. Grace Augustine

"You have a strong heart. No fear. But stupid!  Ignorant like a child!" ~ Neytiri te Tskaha Mo'at'ite

10x (1x 2D, 3x Real 3D, 6x IMAX 3D)
1x Special Ed. (1x IMAX 3D)

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on March 07, 2010, 11:12:50 PM
Bah! I am just upset that I wasted my 1,000th post on the "Best Picture" Oscar. I also didn't like the fact that the only comment those troglodytes in Hollywood could come up with about Avatar was how much money it made. Nothing about the layers of meaning, the many messages about war, society, corporations, environmentalism, religion, and greed.

It just shows how masterful a storyteller JC is, that her can put together a movie that says so much without rubbing your nose in it to get his point across. Of course it made money. It was a brilliantly written and directed film. The effects only helped make the story that much more real. But people harping about how much money it made shows that they are RDA fodder through and through, with no sense of morality or any true understanding that there can be more to a blockbuster movie than the money it makes for its studio, and anyone who has points on the deal.

Don't feel bad. I wasted my 2000th on Alice.

Eaite Randjam

Quote from: Utrayä Mokri on March 07, 2010, 11:12:08 PM
Can not they see it? I didnt go for watching any movie for twice or more in my life but avatar. I will go tomorrow for my 15th time. I don't know anybody saw it for 1 time. If it is not the BEST then why people go to see it multiple times?? What is this fckin hurt blocker? I will never see it i promise.
Well, now you should know someone who's only seen Avatar once.  Me.  It's a great movie, but I don't have the money to spend seeing a movie over and over again.  It hurt my wallet the first time.

Also, I'm hearing a lot of people claim that the Hurt Locker won ONLY because the director was a WOMAN.  Would you all be saying the same thing about the black director had Precious won the award?  Don't use labels to explain away why the movie won, please.

Utrayä Mokri

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on March 07, 2010, 11:12:50 PM
I also didn't like the fact that the only comment those troglodytes in Hollywood could come up with about Avatar was how much money it made. Nothing about the layers of meaning, the many messages about war, society, corporations, environmentalism, religion, and greed.

Quote from: Tsu'roen on March 07, 2010, 11:13:51 PM
But let's see who remembers The Hurt Locker in ten or even five or even next year ...

I'm absolutely agree!

Kayrìlien

Meh. At least we can still do one thing:

The Hurt Locker: $12,700,000

SCOREBOARD! SCOREBOARD! SCOREBOARD!

;)

Kayrìlien

ExLibrisMortis

Quote from: Eaite Randjam on March 07, 2010, 11:19:16 PM
Quote from: Utrayä Mokri on March 07, 2010, 11:12:08 PM
Well, now you should know someone who's only seen Avatar once.  Me.  It's a great movie, but I don't have the money to spend seeing a movie over and over again.  It hurt my wallet the first time.

Also, I'm hearing a lot of people claim that the Hurt Locker won ONLY because the director was a WOMAN.  Would you all be saying the same thing about the black director had Precious won the award?  Don't use labels to explain away why the movie won, please.

Yes, yes I would. I would definitely be saying that if it had any contention, because that's how the academy works.

Quote from: Tsu'roen on March 07, 2010, 11:13:51 PM
I'm not so much upset that Avatar did not win as about that The Hurt Locker won just because it was directed by a woman and a movie about the war. There were other movies that would have deserved it so much more (not necessarily Avatar)
This was just a political decision ... not about the quality or value of the movie.

Agreed. Whole-heartedly.

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

The hurt locker only made 21 million dollars that like 2.3 million people seeing it. which means basically no repeat business at all watsoever. Avatar made over 2.5 billion which would be around 255 million views.

Tsawke'ong

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on March 07, 2010, 11:06:41 PM
Yeah, the beautiful thing about the oscars is that they can't steal what we've already got. All they can do is give us more.

Wonderfully put, 'Itan! We all know that Avatar deserves the best picture award... Duh! The Hurtlocker? c'mon! Though (even tho it was his ex wife) it was still exciting for us females to win :)
"Every beauty which is seen here by persons of perception resembles more than anything else that celestial source from which we all are come."

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Kayrìlien on March 07, 2010, 11:19:56 PM

;)

Kayrìlien

Win!!! And is that your "stamp" now?

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Quote from: Kayrìlien on March 07, 2010, 11:19:56 PM

;)

Kayrìlien

the 12.7 is domestic it made a little over 7 mil foreign.