Started by Suteyä Hawnuyu, January 16, 2010, 11:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swokéyan

Dont u guys get it?
Avatar should have won all the oscars but they only won three of them because they want to keep things interesting :P
It does disturb me that the Hurt Locker pwned Avatar with, 6 oscars right? Never seen the movie but it cant be as good as Avatar anyway  ;D
Lurkin' the forums
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play)

Eylon'wy

Kaltxi tute!

I'm from Brazil, and I saw that the Brazilian people are making fun on Twitter about Avatar have lost the Oscar.  >:(

This is stupidity! They are posting things like "s*ck James Cameron" and all that things you can imagine...

But let's make difference, if you have a Twitter send a message "#AvatarDontNeedOscar" and let's show that that movie is the best even that the Academy Awards have their political interests!

Jake: 'What about this one? Run? Don't run? What?!'
Grace: 'Run! Definitely run!'
I love this! ;D

Nanaki

Omg, Hurt Locker, I never saw this movie, and never hear of this !!
'Itan Atxur : Just remember, NO idea is too crazy <3

Then everything changed ... I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you...
Don't thank! You don't thank for this! This is sad... VERY sad only!

Swokéyan

Lawl.. well Avatar should outwin everything ;D
Lurkin' the forums
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play)

Txonyä'ite

I think I would have felt better about this is Precious won. That was a great movie, socially relevant, poignant, two nominated performances. That would have made me happy(ier).

'Itan Atxur

I need to see that movie too

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Robert Nantangä Tirea

lol, award ceremonies are the last thing I pay attention to, really.

The only purpose of them is to allow people to bandwagon, which only works if it influences people who would think otherwise. Which means it doesn't work on me and thankfully quite a lot of other people who frankly "just don't care". People have to much to take care of than to both with who/what won which award.

No one goes around saying "Man I really hope _____ wins the Noble Prize for chemistry this year!"

All media buzz, that's all it is. They need something to chew on and when there's not more bones they go dumpster diving.

How does a man choose between fresh and fly?

COSPLAY LIKE A BOSS!

NotW Celebrity #11!

Toruk Makto

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Nanaki

'Itan Atxur : Just remember, NO idea is too crazy <3

Then everything changed ... I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you...
Don't thank! You don't thank for this! This is sad... VERY sad only!

Robert Nantangä Tirea

Yeah she made a good point, the dude from District 9 would have been an INTENSE rival for best actor.

AND WOW WTF??? I was reading the list of nominations and under best score they have AVATAR but under best song they didn't list any song off the soundtrack?

I guess the folks that do nominations don't like songs that make them cry but "The Destruction of Hometree" and "Shutting Down Grace's Lab" are two of the most moving and heart-rending songs I've ever heard. Plus the track "War" was incredible as well!

COSPLAY LIKE A BOSS!

NotW Celebrity #11!

Eyamsiyu

Well, it's good to know that the PEOPLE choose the right movie!

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Swokéyan

I agree with you Robert Nantangä Tirea :P its actually just alot of baloney, but i still hoped Avatar would win the most oscars.
Lurkin' the forums

Kerame Pxel Nume

Quote from: Robert Nantangä Tirea on March 08, 2010, 12:46:53 PM
AND WOW WTF??? I was reading the list of nominations and under best score they have AVATAR but under best song they didn't list any song off the soundtrack?

That category "best song" originates from the time, where in every movie there was a central song, that the characters would actually sing at some point. Personally I don't like those "wanna-be-short-musicals" in a movie. Of course such songs can inspire whole other movies, like the song from "Hello Dolly" which was the inspiration for Wall-E.

The other category is for the overall movie score. Now I admit, that Avatar was in some trouble, as James Horner used some of his signature tunes. But I least expected "Up" to get it, even if in my opinion Michael Giaccino is a superb composer.

Tsu'roen

Quote from: Txonyä'ite on March 08, 2010, 11:22:16 AM
I think I would have felt better about this is Precious won. That was a great movie, socially relevant, poignant, two nominated performances. That would have made me happy(ier).
I can only agree. That movie would have deserved it more. It probably would have gotten it if it had been made by a woman. By now I really have the impression that they have an agenda like "this year it needs to go to a <insert any minority, perceived minority, or other P.C. s***t>". It's never really been about the quality of the movie or performance but all about politics. Though once in a while they give it to those who truly deserve so that it isn't too obvious ...
"There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much" ~ Dr. Grace Augustine

"You have a strong heart. No fear. But stupid!  Ignorant like a child!" ~ Neytiri te Tskaha Mo'at'ite

10x (1x 2D, 3x Real 3D, 6x IMAX 3D)
1x Special Ed. (1x IMAX 3D)

Fya'o Tskoyä

Quote from: Tsu'roen on March 08, 2010, 01:44:27 PM
Quote from: Txonyä'ite on March 08, 2010, 11:22:16 AM
I can only agree. That movie would have deserved it more. It probably would have gotten it if it had been made by a woman. By now I really have the impression that they have an agenda like "this year it needs to go to a <insert any minority, perceived minority, or other P.C. s***t>". It's never really been about the quality of the movie or performance but all about politics. Though once in a while they give it to those who truly deserve so that it isn't too obvious ...

yeah, there was someone who posted about the 5 reasons not to watch the oscars, because its always about WHO is DUE an award, or what INTERESTING thing we can do this year for ratings. we all know james cameron rightfully shoulda won, BUT it wouldnt have made people go "gasps" or OMG. so they gave it to a woman

Rikxyu

About the sound in Avatar... did anyone else recognize the sounds from the Thanator and Direhorses?
The All Things Avatar Podcast has an episode 3 now! Download it here: http://radioavatar.podomatic.com/

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." ~Abraham Lincoln
Just look at what happened to Quaritch...

Kerame Pxel Nume

Quote from: Rikxyu on March 08, 2010, 02:12:59 PM
About the sound in Avatar... did anyone else recognize the sounds from the Thanator and Direhorses?

The Tharnator/Palulukan was the same as T-Rex in Jurassic Park.

Direhorse: I don't know.

Rikxyu

I think the Direhorse was the Raptor from JP. Maybe that hurt the chances for the sound award?
The All Things Avatar Podcast has an episode 3 now! Download it here: http://radioavatar.podomatic.com/

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." ~Abraham Lincoln
Just look at what happened to Quaritch...

Robert Nantangä Tirea

I don't really know where the idea that the thanator sounds like T-Rex came from, but I would defenitely recommend seeing Jurassic Park again because at least in my mind I would never have put these together. The thanator has a nasally roar and hissing growl, very different form the guttural, explosive roar of the T-Rex.

COSPLAY LIKE A BOSS!

NotW Celebrity #11!

ExLibrisMortis

Quote from: Robert Nantangä Tirea on March 08, 2010, 12:46:53 PM
Yeah she made a good point, the dude from District 9 would have been an INTENSE rival for best actor.

I guess the folks that do nominations don't like songs that make them cry but "The Destruction of Hometree" and "Shutting Down Grace's Lab" are two of the most moving and heart-rending songs I've ever heard. Plus the track "War" was incredible as well!

Best Original Score was the category and UP won, when all the score was was remakes of old song. Yup, that's very original!