Author Topic: Avatar at the Oscars  (Read 8988 times)

Offline Kerame Pxel Nume

• Taronyu
  • CPU follow my command since 1991
Re: Avatar at the Oscars
« Reply #240 on: March 08, 2010, 04:21:58 pm »
I don't really know where the idea that the thanator sounds like T-Rex came from, but I would defenitely recommend seeing Jurassic Park again because at least in my mind I would never have put these together. The thanator has a nasally roar and hissing growl, very different form the guttural, explosive roar of the T-Rex.

When Jake is dodging under the roots of that tree and the Palulukan is ripping stuff away to get to him, one of the sounds is clearly the same of T-Rex in a JP scence (IIRC it's when they're chased on the Jeep by the T-Rex). It should fall under fair use to put up those few seconds side by side on YouTube - just have to wait for the DVD...

Offline 'Itan Atxur

• Palulukan Makto
  • It's Hello Kitty time :D
    • plentyoffish
« Reply #241 on: March 08, 2010, 04:25:59 pm »
That's interesting

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Offline Tskxe Taronyu

• Ketuwong
  • My Na'vi name is my first and middle name meanings
« Reply #242 on: March 08, 2010, 04:27:40 pm »
My friend and fellow Avatar fan told me that the director of The Hurt Locker is getting sued because the movie was based off of a true story from a soldier and he came up and admitted to it :o. My friend also said that the guy is suing them for a "crazy amount of money".

Does anyone know if this is true?  ???

<---Click me please!

Offline archaic

• Palulukan Makto
  • Trying again with the language.
« Reply #243 on: March 08, 2010, 04:40:08 pm »

Myself, being an 'emotionless teenager' as some would say (:P), have never been so moved and had such an impact from something like this.

Myself, I was an 'emotionless teenager' a while back Ive seen a lot more in life than you probably will have seen yet.
Some good, some not.
I cant remember being so moved or feeling such an impact from something like this either.
The Dragon Affair my current fanfic - now complete.

The Dragons Clutch, my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Machine, my last Avatar related fanfic.

Offline Robert Nantangä Tirea

• Taronyu
  • Wintxu ngeyä tirea!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #244 on: March 08, 2010, 04:47:07 pm »
My friend and fellow Avatar fan told me that the director of The Hurt Locker is getting sued because the movie was based off of a true story from a soldier and he came up and admitted to it :o. My friend also said that the guy is suing them for a "crazy amount of money".

read a few pages back in the thread, a link to the article is posted.

How does a man choose between fresh and fly?

COSPLAY LIKE A BOSS!

NotW Celebrity #11!

Offline 'Tsamsiyu

• Tute
  • livu, fu ke livu?
« Reply #245 on: March 08, 2010, 04:59:45 pm »

Myself, being an 'emotionless teenager' as some would say (:P), have never been so moved and had such an impact from something like this.

Myself, I was an 'emotionless teenager' a while back Ive seen a lot more in life than you probably will have seen yet.
Some good, some not.
I cant remember being so moved or feeling such an impact from something like this either.

It's an indescribable feeling.

Being an 'emotionless teenager' was a bit of a generalisation. I'm definately more emotional, spiritual and aware that most other people my age I know and know of. I am moved and feel impact from quite a lot of things, mainly music due to my life so far... but totally, nothing as powerful as Avatar.
Tsamsiyu oe lu. Ngeyä krr lu hasey.

'There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much' - Dr. Grace Augustine

'I dreamt I was a Warrior that could bring peace... sooner or later though... you always have to wake up...'

GENERATION 20: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Offline Kaltxì Palulukan!

• Palulukan Makto
  • My job is to teach 100000 people Na'vi-Wanna help?
    • AdvancedTarotSecrets.com
« Reply #246 on: March 08, 2010, 07:44:00 pm »
hmmm . . . I was just thinking (cat's do that, pretty much all day--dogs, not so much)

"I really hope Dusty White wins the Nobel prize this year for being the hottest, sexiest man ever. That would make up for Avatar's loss. yeah, Take THAT harry Potter . . ."

I think I need some more catnip. (back later)

World's first na'vi podcast is here: http://media.podcastingmanager.com/9/0/7/3/4/253192-243709/Media/ATA-1.mp3

New Na'vi FUN activity book is here: Please click here to download your own (free) copy! I help you omum Na'vi! :-)

LOVE YOUR VEGGIES! Don't EAT them!     ----     Before Apollo there was Gaia.

[img]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b31

Offline Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

• Palulukan Makto
  • Watch AVATAR, or I'll find you. ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
« Reply #247 on: March 08, 2010, 08:27:47 pm »

I think it's time for an intervention ma Kaltxì, this catnip addiction has gotten out of hand.  ::)
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Offline Kaltxì Palulukan!

• Palulukan Makto
  • My job is to teach 100000 people Na'vi-Wanna help?
    • AdvancedTarotSecrets.com
« Reply #248 on: March 08, 2010, 08:38:36 pm »
You'll never take me alive, colonel!

(Black is "the new black.")

P.S. The Oscars(tm) suck. (except for the three Avatar won)
World's first na'vi podcast is here: http://media.podcastingmanager.com/9/0/7/3/4/253192-243709/Media/ATA-1.mp3

New Na'vi FUN activity book is here: Please click here to download your own (free) copy! I help you omum Na'vi! :-)

LOVE YOUR VEGGIES! Don't EAT them!     ----     Before Apollo there was Gaia.

[img]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b31

Offline archaic

• Palulukan Makto
« Reply #249 on: March 09, 2010, 04:35:26 am »

read a few pages back in the thread, a link to the article is posted.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100303/ap_en_ot/us_hurt_locker_lawsuit

Offline Nanaki

• Palulukan Makto
  • fr France
  • Neytiri lu sevin <3
    • Nanaki's Website
'Itan Atxur : Just remember, NO idea is too crazy <3

Then, Everything changed ... I am fallen in love. I am fallen in love with the forest, Omatikaya people, with you ...
Don't thank! You don't thank for this! This is sad... VERY sad only!

Offline 'Itan Atxur

• Palulukan Makto
    • plentyoffish
« Reply #251 on: March 09, 2010, 08:53:52 am »

Win

Offline Eyamsiyu

• Palulukan Makto
  • Kaltxì.
    • Facebook - Eyamsiyu te Atxkxeftukyal Mesuteteng'itan
« Reply #252 on: March 12, 2010, 02:38:23 pm »
Ok, ignoring the OT post...

Win

No, not win.  Super win.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Offline 'Itan Atxur

• Palulukan Makto
    • plentyoffish
« Reply #253 on: March 12, 2010, 05:11:24 pm »
Yeah, that's actually part of my wallpaper loop now.

Offline Tseyk Tìriuä

• Uniltìranyu
« Reply #254 on: March 13, 2010, 12:45:19 am »

I hope so...hey he can sue for $22 million and the movie will have lost more in the lawsuit than it made in ticket sales...

Tengkrr tìsngä'i Yawäl peyä tsenget ulte kifkey Yawä’evangäti ngamop.

Offline archaic

• Palulukan Makto
« Reply #255 on: March 13, 2010, 04:14:23 am »

I hope so...hey he can sue for $22 million and the movie will have lost more in the lawsuit than it made in ticket sales...

Yes it is true.
Pretty sure someone already posted a link to the story, but I could be wrong.

;D

Offline Tskxe Taronyu

• Ketuwong
  • My Na'vi name is my first and middle name meanings
« Reply #256 on: March 15, 2010, 03:58:49 pm »

ha ha nice!

<---Click me please!

Offline Niawve Mokri

• 'Eveng
  • I see you...
« Reply #257 on: March 28, 2010, 10:51:52 pm »
Im glad that Avatar was nominated for the Oscars but I wish they won more than just art direction. Zoe Saldana could have been nominated for Best Actress of Sam Worthington for Best Actor.

Offline TorukMakto!

• Ikran Makto
« Reply #258 on: March 29, 2010, 09:29:20 pm »
Im glad that Avatar was nominated for the Oscars but I wish they won more than just art direction. Zoe Saldana could have been nominated for Best Actress of Sam Worthington for Best Actor.

Yea, it's all politics, the most profitable movie winning such a few prizes, just smells bad no metter how you put it. About the best actress I still think Sandra Bullock is just great!

Offline 'Tsamsiyu

• Tute
  • livu, fu ke livu?
« Reply #259 on: March 31, 2010, 12:41:44 pm »

Personally I thought that their acting was absolutely stunning. Zoe has real, pure talent. You know she actually shed a tear at the end when she he holding Jake? It was because of that, that made them put it in!

However I think the reason that Sam and Zoe weren't nominated was because the 'judges' and such thought the film was too much Animation. Yes, they actually thought it was animation at first. I'm sure you've heard the James Cameron quote regarding this, something along the lines of 'I'm a director, not an animator. I like working with actors.', and it's a real shame really, Sam and Zoe both deserved serious recognition for their roles.
Tsamsiyu oe lu. Ngeyä krr lu hasey.

'There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much' - Dr. Grace Augustine

'I dreamt I was a Warrior that could bring peace... sooner or later though... you always have to wake up...'

GENERATION 20: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Become LearnNavi's friend on Facebook Follow LearnNavi on Twitter! Watch LearnNavi's videos on YouTube

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Privacy Policy
| XHTML | RSS | WAP2 | Site Rules

LearnNavi is not affiliated with the official Avatar website,
James Cameron, or the Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation.
All trademarks and servicemarks are the properties of their respective owners.
Images in the LearnNavi.org Forums and Gallery may not be used without permission.

LearnNavi Affiliates:
ToS

LearnNavi is the community to learn Na'vi, the Avatar Language
"A place where real friendships are made." -Paul Frommer

AvatarMeet | Learn Na'vi Forum | Learn Na'vi Wiki | Na'viteri

LearnNavi