Started by Suteyä Hawnuyu, January 16, 2010, 11:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerame Pxel Nume

Quote from: Robert Nantangä Tirea on March 08, 2010, 03:54:40 PM
I don't really know where the idea that the thanator sounds like T-Rex came from, but I would defenitely recommend seeing Jurassic Park again because at least in my mind I would never have put these together. The thanator has a nasally roar and hissing growl, very different form the guttural, explosive roar of the T-Rex.

When Jake is dodging under the roots of that tree and the Palulukan is ripping stuff away to get to him, one of the sounds is clearly the same of T-Rex in a JP scence (IIRC it's when they're chased on the Jeep by the T-Rex). It should fall under fair use to put up those few seconds side by side on YouTube - just have to wait for the DVD...

'Itan Atxur

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Tskxe Taronyu

My friend and fellow Avatar fan told me that the director of The Hurt Locker is getting sued because the movie was based off of a true story from a soldier and he came up and admitted to it :o. My friend also said that the guy is suing them for a "crazy amount of money".

Does anyone know if this is true?  ???

<---Click me please!

archaic

Quote from: Hufwe Tsamsiyu on March 08, 2010, 09:39:24 AM

Myself, being an 'emotionless teenager' as some would say (:P), have never been so moved and had such an impact from something like this.

Myself, I was an 'emotionless teenager' a while back Ive seen a lot more in life than you probably will have seen yet.
Some good, some not.
I cant remember being so moved or feeling such an impact from something like this either.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Robert Nantangä Tirea

Quote from: Oe lu Tskxe on March 08, 2010, 04:27:40 PM
My friend and fellow Avatar fan told me that the director of The Hurt Locker is getting sued because the movie was based off of a true story from a soldier and he came up and admitted to it :o. My friend also said that the guy is suing them for a "crazy amount of money".

read a few pages back in the thread, a link to the article is posted.

How does a man choose between fresh and fly?

COSPLAY LIKE A BOSS!

NotW Celebrity #11!

'Tsamsiyu

Quote from: archaic on March 08, 2010, 04:40:08 PM
Quote from: Hufwe Tsamsiyu on March 08, 2010, 09:39:24 AM

Myself, being an 'emotionless teenager' as some would say (:P), have never been so moved and had such an impact from something like this.

Myself, I was an 'emotionless teenager' a while back Ive seen a lot more in life than you probably will have seen yet.
Some good, some not.
I cant remember being so moved or feeling such an impact from something like this either.

It's an indescribable feeling.

Being an 'emotionless teenager' was a bit of a generalisation. I'm definately more emotional, spiritual and aware that most other people my age I know and know of. I am moved and feel impact from quite a lot of things, mainly music due to my life so far... but totally, nothing as powerful as Avatar.
Tsamsiyu oe lu. Ngeyä krr lu hasey.

'There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much' - Dr. Grace Augustine

'I dreamt I was a Warrior that could bring peace... sooner or later though... you always have to wake up...'

GENERATION 20: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Kaltxì Palulukan!

hmmm . . . I was just thinking (cat's do that, pretty much all day--dogs, not so much)

"I really hope Dusty White wins the Nobel prize this year for being the hottest, sexiest man ever. That would make up for Avatar's loss. yeah, Take THAT harry Potter . . ."

I think I need some more catnip. (back later)

2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

I think it's time for an intervention ma Kaltxì, this catnip addiction has gotten out of hand.  ::)
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Kaltxì Palulukan!

You'll never take me alive, colonel!

(Black is "the new black.")

P.S. The Oscars(tm) suck. (except for the three Avatar won)
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

archaic

Quote from: Robert Nantangä Tirea on March 08, 2010, 04:47:07 PM
Quote from: Oe lu Tskxe on March 08, 2010, 04:27:40 PM

read a few pages back in the thread, a link to the article is posted.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100303/ap_en_ot/us_hurt_locker_lawsuit

Nanaki

'Itan Atxur : Just remember, NO idea is too crazy <3

Then everything changed ... I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you...
Don't thank! You don't thank for this! This is sad... VERY sad only!

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on March 08, 2010, 08:38:36 PM

Win

Eyamsiyu

Ok, ignoring the OT post...

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on March 09, 2010, 08:53:52 AM
Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on March 08, 2010, 08:38:36 PM

Win

No, not win.  Super win.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

'Itan Atxur

Yeah, that's actually part of my wallpaper loop now.

Tseyk Tìriuä

Quote from: Tskxe Taronyu on March 08, 2010, 04:27:40 PM

I hope so...hey he can sue for $22 million and the movie will have lost more in the lawsuit than it made in ticket sales...

Tengkrr tìsngä'i Yawäl peyä tsenget ulte kifkey Yawä'evangäti ngamop.

archaic

Quote from: Tseyk Tìriuä on March 13, 2010, 12:45:19 AM

I hope so...hey he can sue for $22 million and the movie will have lost more in the lawsuit than it made in ticket sales...

Yes it is true.
Pretty sure someone already posted a link to the story, but I could be wrong.

;D

Tskxe Taronyu

Quote from: Tseyk Tìriuä on March 13, 2010, 12:45:19 AM

ha ha nice!

<---Click me please!

Niawve Mokri

Im glad that Avatar was nominated for the Oscars but I wish they won more than just art direction. Zoe Saldana could have been nominated for Best Actress of Sam Worthington for Best Actor.

TorukMakto!

Quote from: Niawve Mokri on March 28, 2010, 10:51:52 PM
Im glad that Avatar was nominated for the Oscars but I wish they won more than just art direction. Zoe Saldana could have been nominated for Best Actress of Sam Worthington for Best Actor.

Yea, it's all politics, the most profitable movie winning such a few prizes, just smells bad no metter how you put it. About the best actress I still think Sandra Bullock is just great!

'Tsamsiyu

Quote from: Niawve Mokri on March 28, 2010, 10:51:52 PM

Personally I thought that their acting was absolutely stunning. Zoe has real, pure talent. You know she actually shed a tear at the end when she he holding Jake? It was because of that, that made them put it in!

However I think the reason that Sam and Zoe weren't nominated was because the 'judges' and such thought the film was too much Animation. Yes, they actually thought it was animation at first. I'm sure you've heard the James Cameron quote regarding this, something along the lines of 'I'm a director, not an animator. I like working with actors.', and it's a real shame really, Sam and Zoe both deserved serious recognition for their roles.
Tsamsiyu oe lu. Ngeyä krr lu hasey.

'There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much' - Dr. Grace Augustine

'I dreamt I was a Warrior that could bring peace... sooner or later though... you always have to wake up...'

GENERATION 20: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment