Started by neosis666, January 31, 2010, 06:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neosis666

Sngä'i Tìrey-yä

And Cameron is sitting in his mansion cackling like a madman.
Avatar is a movie about a guy with blue balls running through the forest chasing tail.

Technowraith

Avatar is still selling out in my regional theaters. No surprise to me really.
See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Robert Nantangä Tirea

Well it's gonna get $15 more dollars from me and $15 from a new friend of mine this weekend (he hasn't seen it yet! :o but he was all for seeing it IMAX so I think we got another fan in the making ;D)

spend my money well Cameron ;)

How does a man choose between fresh and fly?

COSPLAY LIKE A BOSS!

NotW Celebrity #11!

Kayrìlien

Quote from: Technowraith on January 31, 2010, 10:11:04 PM

I had planned on seeing it again this weekend...no dice. Both theaters within 20 miles of my house were sold out at all four showtimes. It's a cinematic juggernaut.

Uniltìrantokx ke ftayang. (I really hope that means "Avatar will not stop.")

Kayrìlien

Sngä'i Tìrey-yä

Quote from: Robert Nantangä Tirea on January 31, 2010, 10:18:52 PM
Well it's gonna get $15 more dollars from me and $15 from a new friend of mine this weekend (he hasn't seen it yet! :o but he was all for seeing it IMAX so I think we got another fan in the making ;D)

spend my money well Cameron ;)

He'll probably go buy another AMP suit to stick in his front yard.
Avatar is a movie about a guy with blue balls running through the forest chasing tail.

Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan

Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

Technowraith

Quote from: Kayrìlien on January 31, 2010, 10:54:00 PM
Quote from: Technowraith on January 31, 2010, 10:11:04 PM

I had planned on seeing it again this weekend...no dice. Both theaters within 20 miles of my house were sold out at all four showtimes. It's a cinematic juggernaut.

Uniltìrantokx ke ftayang. (I really hope that means "Avatar will not stop.")

Kayrìlien

Fandango.com has been my nest friend in the last few weeks. I love that site. For most weekday engagements i can get a ticket. However, the weekend engagements i'm on my own for. For those you having difficulty in getting tickets on site at a theater, try online. If you can't get tickets online, call a theater you want to see the movie at and see if they pre-sell advance tickets to a later date. I know you can get advance tickets for later showtimes. Not sure if they sell advance tickets a day or so ahead though. Policy varies by theater.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Nawma 'eveng

Can you say, Holy Eywa? :o

Dang, I never thought that Avatar would be THIS successful when I first saw it, back in December 18th. It seems like Avatar is picking up momentum recently too, because I couldn't recall Avatar having this kind of speed in sales a few weeks ago...This is really scary, in a good way.

Étienne

Eltusiyu

Great News!
Irayo.  :)
But this is only for cinema tickets  :)
There are also Books, gadgets, The Game and Soundtrack so "Avatar" earns a lot of money  :)

Kxangangang! - Oeyä Pìlok leNa'vi

Previously called Kxrekorikus

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Kxrekorikus on February 01, 2010, 10:02:45 AM
Great News!
But this is only for cinema tickets  :)
There are also Books, gadgets, The Game and Soundtrack so "Avatar" earns a lot of money  :)

Oh you just wait until the Avatar merchandise kicks in to high gear ;-)

Look people, I am sayin' it now: Save your pennies. There will be cool (expensive) Avatar stuff mixed in with the endless crap people get licenses to make. There is no reason not to have a blue christmas this year (See? It's a blue, famous song "blue christmas"--oh forget it)
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Technowraith

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on February 01, 2010, 11:05:34 AM
Quote from: Kxrekorikus on February 01, 2010, 10:02:45 AM
Great News!
But this is only for cinema tickets  :)
There are also Books, gadgets, The Game and Soundtrack so "Avatar" earns a lot of money  :)

Oh you just wait until the Avatar merchandise kicks in to high gear ;-)

Look people, I am sayin' it now: Save your pennies. There will be cool (expensive) Avatar stuff mixed in with the endless crap people get licenses to make. There is no reason not to have a blue christmas this year (See? It's a blue, famous song "blue christmas"--oh forget it)

LoL

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Txur’Itan

This latest weekend, the I-max was still packing them in.

私は太った男だ。

MaTe

one of the 2 local IMAXes is soldout for 3 weeks for some weekend shows and for 1-2 weeks for good weekdays and all other weekend shows.
the other is more-less free, it's not soldout on weekdays and you can get tickets for any weekend show 2 days ahead, but it was soldout for Fri 6pm -> sun 6pm. the only one that was available before the show was sun 10pm.
Where is my NDD fix?
some people juggle geese...

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Oh, the non-believers.

http://www.altfg.com/blog/box-office/avatar-box-office-record-breaking-monday-894/

This "too short" article was posted a little over a month ago. In it they compared Avatar to "Pearl harbor" (bleah!) and doubted whether Avatar would ever make its own money back.

I remember those days of innocent ignorance. Seems everyone doubted our movie. They all raved about Batman, and Spiderman. Well we have a big red bucket of flying death. Who needs some costumed human? Our hero has REAL wings.
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Man I wonder how much the next two avatars are going to make XD
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Technowraith

Quote from: Nìwotxkrr Tìyawntsaheylu on February 02, 2010, 04:05:59 PM

Hopefully just as much as Avatar is making now.  ;)

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

TorukMakto!

Quote from: Technowraith on February 02, 2010, 04:09:20 PM
Quote from: Nìwotxkrr Tìyawntsaheylu on February 02, 2010, 04:05:59 PM

Hopefully just as much as Avatar is making now.  ;)

Oh yes!
I called for 3 billion a while ago, lets see if Avatar makes it.

Toruk Makto

Well, with the same people watching it a dozen times (guilty!), it couldn't go anywhere else but up...

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf