Started by Raltaw, January 24, 2010, 12:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esperanto

Quote from: Tsu'roen on February 15, 2010, 06:18:18 AM
Interestingly DVD and Blu-ray are already listed for pre-order at Amazon.de and Amazon.fr
Amazon has a nasty habit of putting some things up for pre-order that don't even have release dates set... don't get your hopes unnecessarily high. :-\
Lu Oeyä Ikranit ulte ayoe 'awsiteng mivakto.

Technowraith

Quote from: Tsu'roen on February 15, 2010, 06:18:18 AM
Interestingly DVD and Blu-ray are already listed for pre-order at Amazon.de and Amazon.fr

amazon.com had Avatar listed for sale, but you couldn't add it to your cart yet. This was back when i ordered my ASG and the soundtrack from them about 4 weeks ago.
See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Tsu'roen

They have right now a notification service you can sign up for. It will send you an e-mail as soon as the DVD or Blu-ray become available.
"There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much" ~ Dr. Grace Augustine

"You have a strong heart. No fear. But stupid!  Ignorant like a child!" ~ Neytiri te Tskaha Mo'at'ite

10x (1x 2D, 3x Real 3D, 6x IMAX 3D)
1x Special Ed. (1x IMAX 3D)

Technowraith

Quote from: Tsu'roen on February 15, 2010, 04:02:27 PM
They have right now a notification service you can sign up for. It will send you an e-mail as soon as the DVD or Blu-ray become available.

I signed up for that service myself. But the theater manager at my local movie theater says he may just go and get me the DVD when it comes out. He said i've seen Avatar way too many times at his theater and he needs to do something to make me stop going.  :P

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Tsu'roen

Definitely! But go for the Blu-ray Disk!
And you should get the platinum moviegoers membership card!
"There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much" ~ Dr. Grace Augustine

"You have a strong heart. No fear. But stupid!  Ignorant like a child!" ~ Neytiri te Tskaha Mo'at'ite

Technowraith

Quote from: Tsu'roen on February 15, 2010, 08:46:50 PM
Definitely! But go for the Blu-ray Disk!
And you should get the platinum moviegoers membership card!

I have it already. And earned 5 free tickets. But if i use them to see avatar, it will throw off learnnavi.org's numbers.  ;D

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

TorukMakto!

Quote from: Technowraith on February 15, 2010, 08:39:50 PM

I signed up for that service myself. But the theater manager at my local movie theater says he may just go and get me the DVD when it comes out. He said i've seen Avatar way too many times at his theater and he needs to do something to make me stop going.  :P

Speechless...

Esperanto

I wish I had the time and cash to see it in IMAX 35 times... "you lucky swine..." ;D

Technowraith

Quote from: Darrigan on February 16, 2010, 01:48:45 PM
I wish I had the time and cash to see it in IMAX 35 times... "you lucky swine..." ;D

I actually prefer Real 3D over IMAX. And it's not because it's cheaper. For some reason the IMAX auditoriums aren't as comfortable as the Real 3D ones. The chairs in the Real 3D auditoriums can recline some, so i like them better than the non-reclining IMAX chairs.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

WoundedWarsong

Thats.... a bit annoying having to wait till christmas time to see an extended cut of the film. Having said that, the release dates mentioned in that article are probably not set in stone. 
Calm like a bomb

TorukMakto!

Quote from: Technowraith on February 16, 2010, 03:07:46 PM
Quote from: Darrigan on February 16, 2010, 01:48:45 PM

I actually prefer Real 3D over IMAX. And it's not because it's cheaper. For some reason the IMAX auditoriums aren't as comfortable as the Real 3D ones. The chairs in the Real 3D auditoriums can recline some, so i like them better than the non-reclining IMAX chairs.

Imax I went to also had recline chairs, maybe its the local theater's add-on or something like that I guess.

Esperanto

The Bridge here in LA is exactly like that, very comfortable... but sometimes the chairs squeak loudly. :-\

My prayer for the Avatar DVD is that you can turn the subtitles off for the hardcore fans. ;D

Technowraith

Quote from: Darrigan on February 16, 2010, 11:50:43 PM
The Bridge here in LA is exactly like that, very comfortable... but sometimes the chairs squeak loudly. :-\

My prayer for the Avatar DVD is that you can turn the subtitles off for the hardcore fans. ;D

I will be laughing if a future edition of the DVD set offers "na'vi" as a language option.  ;D

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Tsu'roen

Yeah that would be something! But then we also need faithful subtitles!

Sіr. Ηaxalot

So this means that the Directors Cut won't be available until Christmas? =(

Kätsyín te Zotxekay Tsyal’itan

I'm personally going to wait for the extended cut. With the movie being a 2 hr 40 min movie, fifteen mintures of bonus footage will make it almost three hours long.

Quote from: Technowraith on February 15, 2010, 08:39:50 PM

I don't know why he would want you to stop coming, buying the tickets and concessions, you are probably his best customer. Heck, he probably made enough off of you to pay off a large chunk of the fees to Fox for showing the movie.
old gallery link?id=1831[/img]

LearnNavi Forums:
"It's not an addiction...I just need it everyday."

Esperanto

Probably out of concern for his mental health... ;D

^Oh, yea, right forgot about that.

How's that padded room coming along Techno? LOL.

Still don't know why he would turn away a paying customer though. I'm sure all the Na'vi garb Techno wears is like free publicity for the owner.

LearnNavi Forums:

Esperanto

Well, I guess as long as he doesn't camp out outside the theatre waiting to get his fix or try to tsaheylu the popcorn butter dispenser... he's still pretty stable. ;D

EDIT: Then again, look at me... what started as a fascination turned into a license plate and 115 posts here. hehe.

LearnNavi Forums: