Started by Raltaw, January 24, 2010, 12:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Technowraith

Quote from: Tukruyä Tsamsiyu on February 17, 2010, 02:46:23 PM
^Oh, yea, right forgot about that.

How's that padded room coming along Techno? LOL.

Still don't know why he would turn away a paying customer though. I'm sure all the Na'vi garb Techno wears is like free publicity for the owner.

The padded room goes well... They've allowed me to make a tree and a pond. (Not very tall and not very deep mind you). And i've talked them into letting me paint the walls to look like a forest. ^.^ LoL  ;D

the manager would never turn me away. He's at the virge of giving me free admission. Since i've seen avatar at least 30 out of 35 times at his theater, he's going to give me free admission starting at screening #40. I bring all my ticket stubs and the staff has been instructed to count them to verify the number of screenings. Of course that means from now on, i have to wear the tail to the theater because that's the only way they know for a fact it's me. ^.^
See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Kätsyín te Zotxekay Tsyal’itan

Wow, free admission. He's gonna end up regretting that if he keeps it in his theater too long. I can see you going about 20 more times. LOL.
old gallery link?id=1831[/img]

LearnNavi Forums:
"It's not an addiction...I just need it everyday."

Esperanto

That's awesome... You should live in SoCal so I have someone to see it a bajillion times with. XD
Lu Oeyä Ikranit ulte ayoe 'awsiteng mivakto.

Technowraith

Quote from: Darrigan on February 17, 2010, 03:43:06 PM
That's awesome... You should live in SoCal so I have someone to see it a bajillion times with. XD

I almost wished i did live on SoCal cuz there's like no one in the philly region who comes here. There's a few though. But it seems the bulk of everyone here is from the west coast.

And just to let ya know, to make the theater lose money, i'd have to see Avatar IMAX (at $14.50 a ticket) over 7700 times. That roughly equates to $112,000 dollars. I'd need a mortgage to see avatar that many times. (i can see the application: Reason for loan: need to see Avatar 7700 times).  :o

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Esperanto

Say you're terminally ill and have make-a-wish give you 7700 tickets. XD
Lu Oeyä Ikranit ulte ayoe 'awsiteng mivakto.

Technowraith

Quote from: Darrigan on February 17, 2010, 03:51:09 PM
Say you're terminally ill and have make-a-wish give you 7700 tickets. XD

7700 avatar screenings = 19250 hours.
19250 hours = 802 days
802 days = 2.2 years.

:o

I wouldn't do that to make-a-wish. LoL  ;D I might make them go crazy.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Col Quaritch

Not sure of a release date but I'm guessing around Christmas of this year. But I have the sneaking feeling it will have the option for 3D viewing Nvidia has been releasing special edition versions of their 3d system glasses with Avatar logo on box and on the side of the glasses (yes I got a set on the way shhhh don't tell the wife she thinks I bought more garden supplies). Which my hope considering I have the big mega huge 3d computer monitor, but in short (yea I'm long winded, new Na'vi name "he who talks too much") I'm guessing close to thanksgiving or Christmas time will be its dvd/blue ray release.

Kätsyín te Zotxekay Tsyal’itan

Just as long as I get an Extended Cut version of the DVD, I'll be happy.
old gallery link?id=1831[/img]

LearnNavi Forums:
"It's not an addiction...I just need it everyday."

TorukMakto!

Quote from: Tukruyä Tsamsiyu on February 18, 2010, 11:05:11 AM
Just as long as I get an Extended Cut version of the DVD, I'll be happy.

Same.
Hopefully we would be able to pre-order it, going to be a long waiting list.

Will Txankamuse

New info:

Quote from: James Cameron
It's all right on schedule. We'll do the Blu-ray and the standard def DVD April 22nd, that's our plan as of right now, and that'll be pretty much bare bones. And then we'll do a value-added DVD and a 3D Blu-ray in I think November sometime.
(source)

Will
Txo ayngal tse'a keyeyit, oeyä txoa livu.  I am learning Na'vi too!
If you see a mistake in my post please correct me!

Please help on the Movie Lines in Na'vi wiki page

TorukMakto!

Quote from: Will Txankamuse on February 19, 2010, 06:08:17 PM
New info:

It's all right on schedule. We'll do the Blu-ray and the standard def DVD April 22nd, that's our plan as of right now, and that'll be pretty much bare bones. And then we'll do a value-added DVD and a 3D Blu-ray in I think November sometime.
(source)

Will
Irayo.
That's not a too long wait.

"Value-added" - collector's edition? :)

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Quote from: Will Txankamuse on February 19, 2010, 06:08:17 PM
New info:

(source)

Will

Goodtime!

I have feared not to see it until the end of the summer! I hope that it won't be a long wait for the European version! Thereäs nothing I hate more than waiting for a film that I thought was good and want to pay for, and at the same time see full Bluray images available at torrent sites :<

mrnapolean1

And the DVD/Blu-ray release date for the top-grossing movie of all time is . . .

April 22, 2010.

This is per an interview 'Avatar' director James Cameron did with the WallStreetJournal.com's Speakeasy blog. Note that this date is coming from him and hasn't been made official by Fox, the film's distributor.

These discs will be barebones and include only the 2D versions, but Cameron did say an extras-laden double-dip is set for November. It's this November Blu-ray that will include a 3D version.

There is one big question mark about the April 22 date. While that is Earth Day -- a nice tie-in for the movie's ecological theme -- it's also a Thursday. While there have been DVD releases pretty much every day of the week, Tuesday is the standard. (This inspires my favorite weekly holiday, New Release Tuesday.) However, if anyone has the pull right now for a non-Tuesday release date, it's Cameron.

This was taken from: http://blogs.indystar.com/geek/2010/02/avatar_dvd_rele.html
8)

(Clicking on the Sig Picture will take you to Neobux)

Fnua Atxkxe

I can't wait for Avatar 3d on blu-ray. Oe lu alaksì sì tìpey
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

mrnapolean1

Quote from: fnua atxkxe on February 20, 2010, 03:42:18 PM

That will be out this November. 8)

(Clicking on the Sig Picture will take you to Neobux)

Will Txankamuse

Quote from: mrnapolean1 on February 20, 2010, 03:48:39 PM

Unfortunately probably not...  Fwa tìkin fìtxan oeru teya si.

Will
Txo ayngal tse'a keyeyit, oeyä txoa livu.  I am learning Na'vi too!
If you see a mistake in my post please correct me!

Please help on the Movie Lines in Na'vi wiki page

TorukMakto!

Quote from: Will Txankamuse on February 20, 2010, 06:10:32 PM
Quote from: mrnapolean1 on February 20, 2010, 03:48:39 PM

Unfortunately probably not...  Fwa tìkin fìtxan oeru teya si.

Will

Pfff... those news keep on coming fast , and change stuff, sometimes on a daily basis.