Started by Hufwe ta'em, March 07, 2010, 05:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wich Nominate categories Avatar will win ?

Achievement in art direction
11 (84.6%)
Achievement in cinematography
8 (61.5%)
Achievement in directing
8 (61.5%)
Achievement in film editing
6 (46.2%)
Achievement in music written for motion pictures (Original score)
8 (61.5%)
Best motion picture of the year
9 (69.2%)
Achievement in sound editing
9 (69.2%)
Achievement in sound mixing
9 (69.2%)
Achievement in visual effects
11 (84.6%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan

Quote from: Autakuk'Ekong on March 07, 2010, 10:16:05 PM
... i think that Avatar should win Best Forreign film.  I mean, the Na'vi language...  ;)

Yeah I just said that in the teamspeak XD
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

MaTe

that guy who won foreign language award picked up the "na'vi in Avatar as a foreign language" joke.
Where is my NDD fix?
some people juggle geese...

ExLibrisMortis

great montage, even james cameron approved

Fya'o Tskoyä

GIVE ME KARMA!! <3
love you JC

Eyamsiyu

IDK about you guys, but when it comes to best actor...

MORGAN FREEMAN!!!

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Autakuk'Ekong on March 07, 2010, 10:16:05 PM
... i think that Avatar should win Best Forreign film.  I mean, the Na'vi language...  ;)

Win ;D ;D

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Uniltsamsiyu

Did anyone else think the guy who won Best Foreign Language Film's comment about Na'vi was a bit of a low blow? I guess not everyone can be as opened minded as we are though.

ExLibrisMortis

lol, well... what do you expect from foreigh film makers

'Itan Atxur

Ahh! I missed it! What did he say?

Eyamsiyu

seemed like it.  But foreign humor, however people define it, usually is taken much differently to those not native to those countries.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan

Quote from: Uniltsamsiyu on March 07, 2010, 10:27:34 PM
Did anyone else think the guy who won Best Foreign Language Film's comment about Na'vi was a bit of a low blow? I guess not everyone can be as opened minded as we are though.

I didn't saw it that way... I just hope it doesn't destroy all the advertising I did in the facebook feed during the red carpet part  :-\
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

Uniltsamsiyu

he said "Thank you to the academy for not considering Na'vi a foreign language." I mean, i wouldnt think for Avatar to be in the category anyway. I just think it was alittle unnecessary.

MaTe

I don't get what's wrong with that joke %) seems pretty smart and funny... and has way more respect than Ben's "i'll step aside, so I won't spoil the moment of triumph of those who won makeup oscar"
Where is my NDD fix?
some people juggle geese...

Eyamsiyu

... Morgan Freeman should have won Best Actor.

'Itan Atxur

Yeah, it seems like it's all in good taste to me.

Uniltsamsiyu

I found Ben Stillers mockery to be funny, it was obviously just being silly and playful. this seemed alittle more direct though. i dont take insult to it, like i said, it just seemed alittle unnecessary.

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Autakuk'Ekong on March 07, 2010, 10:33:31 PM

Agreed. The guy's amazing. He'll get the life time achievement award at some point for sure.

ExLibrisMortis

Quote from: Autakuk'Ekong on March 07, 2010, 10:33:31 PM

Jeff Bridges deserves it after so long of a career.

Eyamsiyu

Yeah, well, Freeman did the most BA job as Lucius Fox.

'Itan Atxur