Started by Hufwe ta'em, March 07, 2010, 05:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wich Nominate categories Avatar will win ?

Achievement in art direction
11 (84.6%)
Achievement in cinematography
8 (61.5%)
Achievement in directing
8 (61.5%)
Achievement in film editing
6 (46.2%)
Achievement in music written for motion pictures (Original score)
8 (61.5%)
Best motion picture of the year
9 (69.2%)
Achievement in sound editing
9 (69.2%)
Achievement in sound mixing
9 (69.2%)
Achievement in visual effects
11 (84.6%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Eyamsiyu

Sandra Bullock wins Best Actress.

Kind of glad she won, since I truly did enjoy Blind Side when I saw it.

... just wish that Zoe Saldana was up there...

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

ExLibrisMortis

would't have been leading actress, but supporting...

Eyamsiyu

either way, she should have received one.

She has two more chances though.  Glad for that!

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

'Itan Atxur

That was a touching acceptance speech.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Eyamsiyu

That's it: the Academy is flawed.

Hurt Locker wins Best Picture.

Tsu'roen

Best Achievement in Directing
Winner: Kathryn Bigelow for The Hurt Locker (2008)

Predictable :'(
"There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much" ~ Dr. Grace Augustine

"You have a strong heart. No fear. But stupid!  Ignorant like a child!" ~ Neytiri te Tskaha Mo'at'ite

10x (1x 2D, 3x Real 3D, 6x IMAX 3D)
1x Special Ed. (1x IMAX 3D)

ExLibrisMortis

Quote from: ExLibrisMortis on March 07, 2010, 10:12:01 PM
ITS BECAUSE SHE IS A WOMAN!!!

no offense to women, its just thi academy awards is all politics...

Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan

Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

'Itan Atxur

Fya'o Tskoyä

bulls***!, they kept saying the entire time " a woman could win blah blah"  

'Itan Atxur

I'm not saying she doesn't deserve it. In a year w/o Avatar, it probably deserves the win.

Eyamsiyu

Look, either way, even though James didn't get the Oscar, he's got a pretty fat wallet right now, which he'll use to make two more awesome movies that we all know we will love.

I remember james also saying in an interview that either way, he'd be happy, because he'd be partying that night either way.

He still got a couple Oscars anyway.

TorukMakto!

I said so long ago that it's all politics and bulls***
Altought I'm if Sandra Bullock won an award I'm happy, she's an amazing actress, the blindside was great and I just wonder we she didn't win anything yet..

'Itan Atxur

Yay!! The oscars lose even more credibility!!

Hufwe ta'em

You right but he also  have golden globe also !

ExLibrisMortis

'Itan Atxur

Tsu'roen

Financially the Hurt Locker really needed it as it totally tanked at the box office

But other movies had deserved it more than it (not necessarily Avatar)
"There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much" ~ Dr. Grace Augustine

"You have a strong heart. No fear. But stupid!  Ignorant like a child!" ~ Neytiri te Tskaha Mo'at'ite

10x (1x 2D, 3x Real 3D, 6x IMAX 3D)
1x Special Ed. (1x IMAX 3D)

Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan

Oscars are all about politics. For me, the best award a movie can ever receive is when someone suicide himself because of it. That's like just... wow... and it happened to Avatar. Not The Hurl Locker.

IMHO
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

Eyamsiyu

With all truth said, in my opinion, seeing Ben Stiller like that was worth watching the Oscars, whether or not Avatar won the Oscars it did or not.

And to those tearing down the Academy, keep in mind that James still has two more "Avatar" movies on the way.  So all is not lost when it comes to getting a Best Picture for the Pandora Trilogy.  Where as, Hurt Locker is done.