Started by Hufwe ta'em, March 07, 2010, 05:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wich Nominate categories Avatar will win ?

Achievement in art direction
11 (84.6%)
Achievement in cinematography
8 (61.5%)
Achievement in directing
8 (61.5%)
Achievement in film editing
6 (46.2%)
Achievement in music written for motion pictures (Original score)
8 (61.5%)
Best motion picture of the year
9 (69.2%)
Achievement in sound editing
9 (69.2%)
Achievement in sound mixing
9 (69.2%)
Achievement in visual effects
11 (84.6%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Eaite Randjam

Quote from: Autakuk'Ekong on March 07, 2010, 11:06:54 PM
...And to those tearing down the Academy, keep in mind that James still has two more "Avatar" movies on the way.  So all is not lost when it comes to getting a Best Picture for the Pandora Trilogy.  Where as, Hurt Locker is done.
I agree.  Sure, it's disappointing but it's not like they didn't think it was an awesome movie.  That's the whole reason the film was nominated in the first place.

TorukMakto!

Nìkllas

Oh c'mon! Getting an Oscar doesn't change whether the movie was good for us or not... I mean... there are other things to consider besides popularity and plausibility in a movie, doesn't matter even if they have a real language.

What I can't believe is that Hurt Locker could outmatch Inglorious Basterds, which is a great movie and has great subtle dialogues, you really see genius in many of them, also the suspense... it's a great movie. But I imagine making a movie about something regarding Iraq makes you win points in "patriotism"... lame.

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Nìkllas on March 07, 2010, 11:42:28 PM
Oh c'mon! Getting an Oscar doesn't change whether the movie was good for us or not... I mean... there are other things to consider besides popularity and plausibility in a movie, doesn't matter even if they have a real language.

What I can't believe is that Hurt Locker could outmatch Inglorious Basterds, which is a great movie and has great subtle dialogues, you really see genius in many of them, also the suspense... it's a great movie. But I imagine making a movie about something regarding Iraq makes you win points in "patriotism"... lame.

Exactly. Couldn't agree more.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Tsu'roen

Quote from: Kawazoe on March 07, 2010, 10:56:16 PM
one word... politics...
Poly = many
Tic(k)s = lousy little bloodsuckers

Quote from: Autakuk'Ekong on March 07, 2010, 10:55:36 PM
That's it: the Academy is flawed.

Kehe

Ayskxawng!

"There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much" ~ Dr. Grace Augustine

"You have a strong heart. No fear. But stupid!  Ignorant like a child!" ~ Neytiri te Tskaha Mo'at'ite

10x (1x 2D, 3x Real 3D, 6x IMAX 3D)
1x Special Ed. (1x IMAX 3D)

'Itan Atxur

Look at it this way: Which movie will be remembered 25 years from now? Hint: It doesn't start with an "H"

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on March 08, 2010, 09:44:59 AM
Look at it this way: Which movie will be remembered 25 years from now? Hint: It doesn't start with an "H"

..or a T or a L for that matter  ;D
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

Eyamsiyu

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Col Quaritch

My fav part is when the forigen winner said "thank you to the acadmey for not considering navi as a forighen language"

MaTe

well, yes, that was a very good joke. I also wish sandler used more than a skxawng in his speach...
As for hurt locker winning it, there is a bit of irony. Avatar is considered anti-capitalist, so when an independent film wins over 2.5bil one, it's sort of pro-Avatar %)

PS. those hyndai adds are crap - I can easily get a 2010 328i lease 12k/36 for 300/month 1.2k due at signing, or 335i for 400 with some options - and they say that 399/month with 3.5k due at signing for a hyndai is something special...
Where is my NDD fix?
some people juggle geese...

Nanaki

'Itan Atxur : Just remember, NO idea is too crazy <3

Then everything changed ... I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you...
Don't thank! You don't thank for this! This is sad... VERY sad only!

Kätsyín te Zotxekay Tsyal’itan

Quote from: Tsu'roen on March 08, 2010, 02:48:33 AM
Quote from: Kawazoe on March 07, 2010, 10:56:16 PM
one word... politics...
Poly = many
Tic(k)s = lousy little bloodsuckers

Quote from: Autakuk'Ekong on March 07, 2010, 10:55:36 PM
That's it: the Academy is flawed.

Kehe

Ayskxawng!

Just remember Tsu, pro is the opposite of con, therefore, Congress has to be the opposite of progress.

The only thing that the Academy did to anger me as far as nominations go was scrub the Avatar actors from the Best Actor/Actress or the correlating Supporting awards because it was too "cartoony". ITS A GREEN SCREEN ENVIRONMENT, if anything thats even harder to get into character. I remember rehearsals for plays back when I used to act, with out the set, it seemed unnatural.

For those of you that are interested, here is a link to a list of Avatar's accolades on Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_accolades_received_by_Avatar

And awards season isn't over, the Empire Awards and Saturn Awards still are upcoming and Avatar is nominated in both.
old gallery link?id=1831[/img]

LearnNavi Forums:
"It's not an addiction...I just need it everyday."

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

At least those Awards recognize the actors and actresses, and as far as I'm concerned, better than the oscars right now.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it