Avatar Re-release August 27th 2010

Started by Hufwe ta'em, June 08, 2010, 08:57:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

'Ì'awn Menari

Quote from: Puvomun on July 12, 2010, 10:13:06 AM
Quote from: 'Ì'awn Menari on July 12, 2010, 07:29:18 AM
i hope i can find a BF or GF to go and see it with.  maybe in college i'll get lucky ^_^
I will have some friends of each gender that probably will come with me, and if not I'll happily go by myself.
And when you have to go alone, I will be with you in spirit. As will Eywa, I am sure. :-)

Irayo *hugs*
Lord and Lady Bless )O(
and before I forget...
Eywa ngahu! =D

Ean Hufwetulyu

Quote from: 'Ì'awn Menari on July 12, 2010, 10:20:15 AM
Quote from: Puvomun on July 12, 2010, 10:13:06 AM
Quote from: 'Ì'awn Menari on July 12, 2010, 07:29:18 AM
i hope i can find a BF or GF to go and see it with.  maybe in college i'll get lucky ^_^
I will have some friends of each gender that probably will come with me, and if not I'll happily go by myself.
And when you have to go alone, I will be with you in spirit. As will Eywa, I am sure. :-)

Irayo *hugs*
Just know it will happen
Eywa Ngahu Smukan si Smuke.

Puvomun

Quote from: 'Ì'awn Menari on July 12, 2010, 10:20:15 AM
Irayo *hugs*

Zola'u nìprrte!

Now... Eywa in 3D-glasses... perhaps better not to follow that train of thoughts...

Kame ngat, oel yom! *hugs*
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

'Ì'awn Menari

Lord and Lady Bless )O(
and before I forget...
Eywa ngahu! =D

Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä}

ill be going before school starts. best way to end the summer. :D

old gallery link?id=2254[/img]

Puvomun

Quote from: Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä} on July 12, 2010, 11:28:51 AM
ill be going before school starts. best way to end the summer. :D
Lucky so-n-so!  ;-)

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Lisa

Just saw this:

James Cameron discussed about the re-release earlier also. He informed that two more scenes, which were originally edited, showed Jake Sully further trying to prove himself to the Na'vi natives. A tribe festival was also there, where Tsu'tey gets drunk.

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/entertainment/avatar-to-re-release-worldwide-with-extra-footage-on-august-27_100394432.html

Oeru syaw "Tirea Ikran" kop slä frakrrmi layu oe "Grammar Skxawng"   :)

bommel

Tsu'tey drunk? I didn't know that they know alcohol or alcohol-like drinks... somehow that doesn't fit well into my picture of the Na'vi people o0

Eyamsiyu

Quote from: bommel on July 12, 2010, 04:15:48 PM
Tsu'tey drunk? I didn't know that they know alcohol or alcohol-like drinks... somehow that doesn't fit well into my picture of the Na'vi people o0

There is Na'vi alcohol: kava is the word for it.  And as it should be known, the Na'vi aren't perfect either.  But the way their society works it lends itself to a more peaceful and familial-like society, thus making it SEEM they are perfect.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

bommel

Quote from: Eyamsiyu te Atxkxeftukyal Mesuteteng'itan on July 12, 2010, 04:20:22 PM
There is Na'vi alcohol: kava is the word for it.  And as it should be known, the Na'vi aren't perfect either.  But the way their society works it lends itself to a more peaceful and familial-like society, thus making it SEEM they are perfect.
Irayo! Now I've learned something new again ;)

Tuteyä amuiä 'itan

im hopefully going with a girl that i would like 2 b my GF though she doesnt know i want her 2 b my GF :( but im happy 2 hopefully be spending time with her sharing the most beautiful moment together

'Ì'awn Menari

Quote from: Tirea Ikran on July 12, 2010, 03:31:30 PM
James Cameron discussed about the re-release earlier also. He informed that two more scenes, which were originally edited, showed Jake Sully further trying to prove himself to the Na'vi natives. A tribe festival was also there, where Tsu'tey gets drunk.

/quote]

Hold up.  Tsu'tey gets drunk?  this i've got to see XD
Lord and Lady Bless )O(
and before I forget...
Eywa ngahu! =D

Puvomun

Quote from: Tuteyä amuiä 'itan on July 12, 2010, 06:50:19 PM
im hopefully going with a girl that i would like 2 b my GF though she doesnt know i want her 2 b my GF :( but im happy 2 hopefully be spending time with her sharing the most beautiful moment together
And have you thought about simply telling her?

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Ean Hufwetulyu

Eywa Ngahu Smukan si Smuke.

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Eyamsiyu te Atxkxeftukyal Mesuteteng'itan on July 12, 2010, 04:20:22 PM
Quote from: bommel on July 12, 2010, 04:15:48 PM

There is Na'vi alcohol: kava is the word for it. 

Hmm... Cameronian or Frommerian, 'cause I don't see it in the dictionary anywhere.
[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Lisa

Quote from: ll.sxkxawng on July 13, 2010, 01:10:29 AM
Hmm... Cameronian or Frommerian, 'cause I don't see it in the dictionary anywhere.

Cameron, I think... it's in the script (page 77):

TSU'TEY squats next to Jake, the usual scowl on his face.

Jake braces himself -- and Tsu'tey holds up the KAVA BOWL,
offering it to him. A challenge or an olive branch?

Jake takes a long, hearty drink as some of the young hunters
hoot and clap hands in a fast rhythm.

Oeru syaw "Tirea Ikran" kop slä frakrrmi layu oe "Grammar Skxawng"   :)

Tompa'Ivong

I am one of the few that know what Kava is, it actually references to a Hawaiian drink, name Awa(pronounced Ava). (and also heavily predominant in Polynesian cultures) , the drink has mild analgesic qualities, and is soporific in nature (makes you sleepy).  I can say mostly for sure this is likely where it is derived from.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kava

"peu to fwa tskxefa ayuti ska'a lu sìltsan? Tskxe a kllkxem ulte fpi nga ayuti ska'a.
—Toggo, goblin weaponsmith

bommel

Okay, nice to know. Somehow I missed that ^^

Tuteyä amuiä 'itan

Quote from: Puvomun on July 12, 2010, 10:50:31 PM

I have thought about telling her but when it comes 2 things like that I'm really shy don't know y but ill see what happends when that time comes around  :)

Eyamsiyu

Quote from: Tuteyä amuiä 'itan on July 13, 2010, 05:48:54 AM
Quote from: Puvomun on July 12, 2010, 10:50:31 PM

I have thought about telling her but when it comes 2 things like that I'm really shy don't know y but ill see what happends when that time comes around  :)

Just be bold.  I know it sounds hard, but if you just spit it out calmly, I think things will be a lot better for you.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch