Avatar Re-release August 27th 2010

Started by Hufwe ta'em, June 08, 2010, 08:57:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Hufwe ta'em on July 05, 2010, 09:25:18 AM
yay already 150$ cash save for the movie only  8)
That's 15 2D viewings (@ $9.50 a ticket)...or 23 viewings (@ $6.50 a ticket) or <10 IMAXes (@ $16.50). Expensive (especially if you see all IMAXes), but worth it for something like this...

I'll likely see it a few times, but I start college in mid-August :( so I'll be getting used to the heavy workload...

Quote from: Eyamsiyu te Atxkxeftukyal Mesuteteng'itan on July 06, 2010, 05:16:59 PM
Super pumped for this!  Have to wonder for certain what the extra 6 minutes are, but I guess in a month I'll find out!
Also been wondering about that. I'm thinking the death scene for Tsu'tey (since it was already made) and maybe the dream hunt...
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Eyamsiyu

I think for sure the Tsu'tey death scene, but I was also thinking they would include the scene from the script where, during the final battle, the Avatars and Max storm the control tower and seize it.  If not that, definitely the dream hunt, because that helps the story line a lot more.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Swok Txon

I'm still kind of like

"Releasing it again? Not a good move..."

I don't think they should be giving out the movie OVER and OVER and OVER

i mean it ruins it, you gotta give the public little tastes of perfection and keep them waiting

not pummel them over the head with it over and over and over

Lisa

Personally, I want every single micro-second of that six minutes to be Na'vi footage (the Dream Hunt ceremony/vision, Tsu'tey's death, the dancing/drinking scene, the sturmbeast hunt.... wait! we need more than six minutes!) but I do think showing poor polluted Earth at the beginning would really jack up the the contrast between Earth and Pandora and give extra weight to Jake's statement "They killed their Mother". 

But I'll be happy with whatever they add and it will be so good to see it on the big screen again.    :)

Oeru syaw "Tirea Ikran" kop slä frakrrmi layu oe "Grammar Skxawng"   :)

Eyamsiyu

Quote from: Tirea Ikran on July 07, 2010, 12:57:11 AM
... it will be so good to see it on the big screen again.    :)

And IMAX at that!

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

'Ì'awn Menari

Quote from: Tirea Ikran on July 07, 2010, 12:57:11 AM
but I do think showing poor polluted Earth at the beginning would really jack up the the contrast between Earth and Pandora and give extra weight to Jake's statement "They killed their Mother". 

that will add extra weight to his words.  i hope they do that if not in this one then the second Avatar (in possibly one of Jake's flashbacks or something)
Lord and Lady Bless )O(
and before I forget...
Eywa ngahu! =D

Eyamsiyu

Oh, I'm fairly certain Earth will, in some way or another, be depicted in the next movies, because how do we know what Jake meant by "They killed their mother?"  We know he said it, we know it's true, but we don't experience it until Earth appears on the big screen.

Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä}

Quote from: Eyamsiyu te Atxkxeftukyal Mesuteteng'itan on July 07, 2010, 01:04:49 PM
Oh, I'm fairly certain Earth will, in some way or another, be depicted in the next movies, because how do we know what Jake meant by "They killed their mother?"  We know he said it, we know it's true, but we don't experience it until Earth appears on the big screen.

this is true.

old gallery link?id=2254[/img]

Lisa

Quote from: Eyamsiyu te Atxkxeftukyal Mesuteteng'itan on July 07, 2010, 01:04:49 PM

In the Avatar script, the movie actually starts on Earth:

Jake stares upward at the levels of the city. MAGLEV TRAINS
WHOOSH overhead on elevated tracks, against a sky of garish
advertizing.
The traffic light changes and Jake pushes forward with the
crowd, pumping the wheels of his chair. Most of the people
wear FILTER MASKS to protect them from the toxic air. In a
LONG LENS STACK it is a marching torrent of anonymous,
isolated souls."

I've seen stills that show Jake in the bar, so I'm pretty sure it's been filmed.  I know I don't want to see the entire segment since that would take time away from Pandora.  :)   

Quote from: Tirea Ikran on July 07, 2010, 01:53:12 PM

In the Avatar script, the movie actually starts on Earth:

Jake stares upward at the levels of the city. MAGLEV TRAINS
WHOOSH overhead on elevated tracks, against a sky of garish
advertizing.
The traffic light changes and Jake pushes forward with the
crowd, pumping the wheels of his chair. Most of the people
wear FILTER MASKS to protect them from the toxic air. In a
LONG LENS STACK it is a marching torrent of anonymous,
isolated souls."

I've seen stills that show Jake in the bar, so I'm pretty sure it's been filmed.  I know I don't want to see the entire segment since that would take time away from Pandora.  :)   

still it would help if they placed the earth sceen in the movie.

Eyamsiyu

Personally putting the bar scene into the remake would ruin the theatrical effect that the beginning as it is now has.  We are thrown so much information at us all at once, but it is all connected to one thing: Jake has to go to Pandora.  The bar scene is not exactly connected to this goal.

Lisa

Quote from: Eyamsiyu te Atxkxeftukyal Mesuteteng'itan on July 07, 2010, 02:04:04 PM
Personally putting the bar scene into the remake would ruin the theatrical effect that the beginning as it is now has.  We are thrown so much information at us all at once, but it is all connected to one thing: Jake has to go to Pandora.  The bar scene is not exactly connected to this goal.

I agree, the bar scene wouldn't fit in, but if they could somehow show the toxic Earth in the flashbacks that could work to help emphasize the contrast.   

I guess we'll find out shortly.  ;)

do you think the offical yes to rerelease was fake? i swear if it was.... :-X

Eyamsiyu

I believe we can assume this time that it's the real deal.  Too many reputable news sources cite that Cameron plans on re-releasing Avatar for the summer.  Not many cite the exact date, but August is the last full month of the summer, so this is it.

Ku'rända

Honestly, I can't justify paying $20 for an IMAX ticket (again) just to see 6 additional minutes of footage.  If it had a decent amount of new scenes, then yeah I probably would.  The 3D effects were better on RealD, I thought.  But the immersion you get in the bigger screen evened it out.

:\

Give us a chance, MORON!

Payä Tìrol

I never got the chance to see the movie on IMAX the first time around. (Actually saw it for the first time on brDVD shortly before I joined the site). Definitely looking forward to a 3dIMAX re-release. :)
Oeyä atanìl mì sìvawm, mipa tìreyä tìsìlpeyur yat terìng

Hufwe ta'em

On August 27, return to Pandora and re-experience James Cameron's History-Making Epic film, with more than Eight Minutes of Never Before Seen Footage- exclusively in Digital 3D and IMAX® 3D. Since - and largely as of result of - AVATAR's release last December, the number of available digital 3D screens has exploded, and moviegoers who missed experiencing the film in 3D, as well as fans that want to return to Pandora again, will now have that opportunity.

The Oscar® and Golden Globe® winning epic is the highest grossing film of all time, taking in over $2.7 billion in worldwide box office. It is also the top-selling Blu-ray disc of all time.http://www.avatarmovie.com/rerelease/

BELGIUM 8 SEPTEMBER 2010
RUSSIA 26 AUGUST 2010
SPAIN 17 SEPTEMBER 2010
UK 27 AUGUST 2010
AUSTRALIA 26 AUGUST 2010
INDIA 27 AUGUST 2010
JAPAN 16 OCTOBER 2010
SOUTH KOREA 16 SEPTEMBER 2010
MEXICO 15 OCTOBER 2010
ARGENTINA 16 SEPTEMBER 2010

Lisa

Quote from: Hufwe ta'em on July 08, 2010, 07:39:54 AM
On August 27, return to Pandora ... with more than Eight Minutes of Never Before Seen Footage

Woohoo!  Eight minutes!   I'll gladly wait another ten days for another two minutes!  :)

Puvomun

This is a definite have-to-see. I hope there is an imax "near here" (ehem) that will show it 3D, that would be awesome.
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Ekirä

Quote from: Hufwe ta'em on July 08, 2010, 07:39:54 AM

BELGIUM 8 SEPTEMBER 2010
RUSSIA 26 AUGUST 2010
SPAIN 17 SEPTEMBER 2010
UK 27 AUGUST 2010
AUSTRALIA 26 AUGUST 2010
INDIA 27 AUGUST 2010
JAPAN 16 OCTOBER 2010
SOUTH KOREA 16 SEPTEMBER 2010
MEXICO 15 OCTOBER 2010
ARGENTINA 16 SEPTEMBER 2010

Fantastic news!!! 8 minutes instead of 6!!!!!!! But--what about the US??  ???

Same as the UK? Am I missing something?