Avatar to leave IMAX 3D March 4th

Started by Nìftxavang Sreu, February 24, 2010, 05:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'Itan Atxur

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

MaTe

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on March 12, 2010, 09:54:51 AM
Back O/T: FOX is brilliant in getting the public to buy things--no matter how stupid the idea. So we may see 3-4 different variations of Avatar in DVD, including the same DVD with different covers: The Jake set, Grace set, the Neytiri set, the RDA set (special limited edition)... hmm I should work for FOX. I am just evil enough to design all of this.

Well, it's nice to see them back to the franchise - for a few months it seemed like they had no idea what to do.
Where is my NDD fix?
some people juggle geese...

Kätsyín te Zotxekay Tsyal’itan

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on March 12, 2010, 09:54:51 AM
Quote from: Technowraith on March 12, 2010, 04:57:34 AM
...Sounds like Fox is going to do what New Line Cinemas did with Lord of the Rings: Offer a basic edition at first, then offering better, enhanced editions later on. More or less, milking the cash cow in a way.

Or like what FOX did (with Star Wars)? O/T how many damned variations of Star Wars Video/DVD have there been now/ I still remember when they had the chutzpah to say "This is your LAST chance to own the original version before we come out with an enhanced version (soon!)."

That's like saying, "hey, we know we have been selling you this same lemon for 3 years now, but BUY IT NOW! (<---flashy lights, sirens, circus music) because next month we will unveil the ner version (4 whole extra minutes) which we will sell you on, because you have the "old and busted version."

Back O/T: FOX is brilliant in getting the public to buy things--no matter how stupid the idea. So we may see 3-4 different variations of Avatar in DVD, including the same DVD with different covers: The Jake set, Grace set, the Neytiri set, the RDA set (special limited edition)... hmm I should work for FOX. I am just evil enough to design all of this.

;)

But if they do release the DVD with several different covers, then they know that they are going to have a market that would buy all the covers, otherwise they wouldn't.

Personally, I'm gonna wait till the end of the year to buy it myself, maybe rent the theatre cut off NetFlix until the extended cut comes out, just so I'm not deprived.

LOL  ;D ;D
old gallery link?id=1831[/img]

LearnNavi Forums:
"It's not an addiction...I just need it everyday."

'Tsamsiyu

Quote from: Tsu'roen on March 12, 2010, 12:56:56 AMAn extended version re-released worldwide could draw enough to even beat the 4 billion.

Oh... my... God... Please let it happen... 3 and a half hours of pure Avatar... I think I'd need to bring a nappy...
Tsamsiyu oe lu. Ngeyä krr lu hasey.

'There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much' - Dr. Grace Augustine

'I dreamt I was a Warrior that could bring peace... sooner or later though... you always have to wake up...'

GENERATION 20: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Nanaki

Quote from: Hufwe Tsamsiyu on March 13, 2010, 02:31:54 PM
Quote from: Tsu'roen on March 12, 2010, 12:56:56 AMAn extended version re-released worldwide could draw enough to even beat the 4 billion.

Oh... my... God... Please let it happen... 3 and a half hours of pure Avatar... I think I'd need to bring a nappy...

3h30 it would be just crazy and awesome !! :D
'Itan Atxur : Just remember, NO idea is too crazy <3

Then everything changed ... I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you...
Don't thank! You don't thank for this! This is sad... VERY sad only!

Tsu'roen

Only it wouldn't work with IMAX (at least not with the non-digital) as IMAX film reels can only hold film for a play length of 170 minutes = 2h 50m.
Though they could only add 10 minutes ... unless they dump the non-digital IMAX screens.
"There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much" ~ Dr. Grace Augustine

"You have a strong heart. No fear. But stupid!  Ignorant like a child!" ~ Neytiri te Tskaha Mo'at'ite

10x (1x 2D, 3x Real 3D, 6x IMAX 3D)
1x Special Ed. (1x IMAX 3D)

MaTe

well, choosing between extra 40 minutes and keeping analog IMAX... it's an easy choice for us(dump imax), and an easy choice for FOX(keep IMAX) for $$reasons :)
Where is my NDD fix?
some people juggle geese...

Tsu'roen

Quote from: MaTe on March 13, 2010, 03:24:19 PM
well, choosing between extra 40 minutes and keeping analog IMAX... it's an easy choice for us(dump imax), and an easy choice for FOX(keep IMAX) for $$reasons :)

The most IMAX theatres are digital anyway. Especially the newer ones that are mostly converted traditional screens. The huge 15/70 analog IMAX make at the most 10% of all IMAX screens. So FOX may as well decide to skip on those few to create the bigger attraction - especially since with the digital theatres it is also easier to swap movies.

***Edit***
Correction: I counted and it's actually:
20% (55)  15/70 IMAX without 3D capability - mostly in museums, aquariums and educational installations - not likely not to play Avatar
31% (87)  15/70 IMAX with 3D capability - about a third of those (24) are in museums, aquariums and educational installations - also not not too likely to play Avatar
49% (137)  IMAX digital, all with 3D capability - about 70% when the museum installations are taken out of the equation. That's still the vast majority.
(Source)
"There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much" ~ Dr. Grace Augustine

"You have a strong heart. No fear. But stupid!  Ignorant like a child!" ~ Neytiri te Tskaha Mo'at'ite

10x (1x 2D, 3x Real 3D, 6x IMAX 3D)
1x Special Ed. (1x IMAX 3D)

'Itan Atxur

Wow!! Nice research! Looks like I'm really lucky to have a 3d IMAX practically in my back yard.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan

Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

'Tsamsiyu

Tsamsiyu oe lu. Ngeyä krr lu hasey.

'There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much' - Dr. Grace Augustine

'I dreamt I was a Warrior that could bring peace... sooner or later though... you always have to wake up...'

GENERATION 20: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Tsepxor

I think this thread has had its time at the top, unstickying but feel free to keep it alive :)

<MulleDK19> Yesterday I started with "A man was walking along the road, and suddenly got hit by a wheelchair going 250 miles per hour"
<MulleDK19> it ended with: "Death of a wheelchair - On the road since 1250"