British Film Academy Awards 2010

Started by Will Txankamuse, February 20, 2010, 07:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Txankamuse

The BAFTA awards are tomorrow (Sunday 21st).  They're broadcast in the UK, but the only N American channel I can find that has them on is BBC America, which I don't get here in Canada.

Does anyone know if there's any way to watch these?  Perhaps online? If I can't watch live then I need to decide whether to hit refresh on Google News and see the results 'live', or wait a few days in a news blackout isolation chamber for the torrent... argh

p.s. Avatar is up for eight BAFTAs that's why I ask :)

Will
Txo ayngal tse'a keyeyit, oeyä txoa livu.  I am learning Na'vi too!
If you see a mistake in my post please correct me!

Please help on the Movie Lines in Na'vi wiki page

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Get in a crate and ship yourself to my house! I live in Wisconsin so it's a short trip.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

TesterScot

PRODUCTION DESIGN
AVATAR - Rick Carter, Robert Stromberg, Kim Sinclair  :D

and

SPECIAL VISUAL EFFECTS
AVATAR - Joe Letteri, Stephen Rosenbaum, Richard Baneham, Andrew R. Jones  :D

The Hurt Locker won 6 BAFTAs.  :-[

Irayoru 'Awve Tìkameie for the profile pic. Go to http://www.mpandoraln.weebly.com to see his ongoing work.
Brand New Learner - please correct my usage 8-)

TorukMakto!

The "critics" and "judges" can't deal with the success of Avatar...
We knew that such scenario might happen, lets see what will go in the Oscars, will they be more fair or keep on eating their own jelousy, We have blue color, seems like they got green shades on them.

Will Txankamuse

I ended up setting up a PPTP tunnel to a box in the UK and streaming it from the BBC.

Disappointing but not totally unexpected to it not win best picture or best director...

..but I expected Avatar to win best editing.  The editing in Avatar is very tight.

Will
Txo ayngal tse'a keyeyit, oeyä txoa livu.  I am learning Na'vi too!
If you see a mistake in my post please correct me!

Please help on the Movie Lines in Na'vi wiki page

'Tsamsiyu

The Hurt Locker is meant to be very good, although I haven't scene it.

However, no matter how many awards Avatar does or doesn't win, it makes no difference to me. I love this film more than anything like it before and it has had such an impact on me it has changed my life and I'm sure I'm not the only one. The decision of 6000 means nothing to the millions who love this film.

Having said that film awards are always a nice event and I'm not trying to argue against the decisions made.

Tsamsiyu oe lu. Ngeyä krr lu hasey.

'There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much' - Dr. Grace Augustine

'I dreamt I was a Warrior that could bring peace... sooner or later though... you always have to wake up...'

GENERATION 20: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

'Itan Atxur

I haven't seen it either and normally I would say that makes it so I can't judge, but this is the exception. Avatar is just too good and undeniably deserves Best Picture over anything ever nominated.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

I totally expected Avatar to get best director, which you should expect considering the top two movies ever are both JC's.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

TorukMakto!

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on February 22, 2010, 12:44:48 PM
I haven't seen it either and normally I would say that makes it so I can't judge, but this is the exception. Avatar is just too good and undeniably deserves Best Picture over anything ever nominated.

Yes, I agree and I stated my opinion of why this might have happen. Still doesn't metter we know how got Avatar is, and the numbers can't lie either.

Tsu'roen

I'm afraid this is how it will go at the Oscars too. They will diss Avatar wherever they can like they already did with the nominations.
"There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much" ~ Dr. Grace Augustine

"You have a strong heart. No fear. But stupid!  Ignorant like a child!" ~ Neytiri te Tskaha Mo'at'ite

10x (1x 2D, 3x Real 3D, 6x IMAX 3D)
1x Special Ed. (1x IMAX 3D)