Cameron wrote Avatar in 1993

Started by JakeSully1981, April 12, 2011, 02:03:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JakeSully1981

He had the idea since 1988 and wrote his 80 page script treatment in 1993 and wanted a 1999 release date after he is done with Titanic then he decided that the technology couldn't do his vision justice, so he put the script in a drawer waiting for technology to do justice to his vision.

Swoka Ikran

What you're describing sounds like Project 880...
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Technowraith

Quote from: JakeSully1981 on April 12, 2011, 02:03:21 AM

He had the idea since 1988 and wrote his 80 page script treatment in 1993 and wanted a 1999 release date after he is done with Titanic then he decided that the technology couldn't do his vision justice, so he put the script in a drawer waiting for technology to do justice to his vision.

It is true that Cameron wrote the script back in 1993. Problem is, the technology didn't exist to make Avatar a reality until a few years ago. So the finished script sat unused. It is this reason that a lot of people seem to complain that Avatar's plot is recycled. Back when it was written in 1993, it was an original idea. But the intervening years from 1993 to 2008 or 2009 have resulted in a lot of movies being made. The original project 880 script was modified to the script used in the theater releases everyone is so familiar with.
See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Seseni

I thought he said on the Extended Edition "making of" feature that the scriptment was finished in early 1995, not 1993, though I may be mistaken.

May the odds be ever in your favor.

Tsu'tey

I have the Avatar Skript from 1998 in English here, i uploading the Version.

Ich bleibe in Erinnerung. Ich habe mit Toruk Makto gekämpft. Und wir waren Brüder. Und er war mein letzter Schatten.

bommel

Quote from: Tsu'tey on April 13, 2011, 01:45:48 AM
interesting, thanks!

Swoka Ikran

Looks interesting. Gonna have to make some time this weekend to read :)

Irayo for it :)

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Txura Rolyu

AVTR is only one year younnger than me!  ;D
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Swoka Ikran

Txura Rolyu

Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

'Oma Tirea

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Tsu'tey

No Problem for the Skript  ;) I am born in 88

Ich bleibe in Erinnerung. Ich habe mit Toruk Makto gekämpft. Und wir waren Brüder. Und er war mein letzter Schatten.

archaic

Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Dalva

wow irayo, i'd guess this is a hard to find collectibles  ;D
+1 item to my collection vault, and +1 rep for you  :)