Which deleted scenes should have made it into the final cut? *Spoilers*

Started by 'Tsamsiyu, January 03, 2011, 02:00:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amaya

Quote from: Dalva on April 25, 2011, 06:58:59 AM
i wonder why they waste their money to make the scenes that are finally not completed?
like why the CGI scenes like the jake's first dinner in kelutral is not rendered completely in the collector's edition? it wont be a hard thing to do. i mean, they already have the motion capture files, the scene, the actor 3d models, the speech, camera placements and so forth. they only need to render it in higher detail

What you see in the incomplete CGI scenes is not anything they spent money on.  What you see in the partial CGI like Jake's first dinner in kelutral "Grandma's Teylu" is the same CGI that was automatically rendered as the scene was being filmed.  The process when Avatar was filmed was different from anything up until that point.  If you're curious about it, you should watch the "Capturing Avatar" special.

Also, the difference in time and effort between the initial CGI and the final version is extreme.  The high level rendering takes giant computers and long hours and weeks of work

Dalva

Quote from: Amaya on April 25, 2011, 07:16:54 AM
Quote from: Dalva on April 25, 2011, 06:58:59 AM
i wonder why they waste their money to make the scenes that are finally not completed?
like why the CGI scenes like the jake's first dinner in kelutral is not rendered completely in the collector's edition? it wont be a hard thing to do. i mean, they already have the motion capture files, the scene, the actor 3d models, the speech, camera placements and so forth. they only need to render it in higher detail

What you see in the incomplete CGI scenes is not anything they spent money on.  What you see in the partial CGI like Jake's first dinner in kelutral "Grandma's Teylu" is the same CGI that was automatically rendered as the scene was being filmed.  The process when Avatar was filmed was different from anything up until that point.  If you're curious about it, you should watch the "Capturing Avatar" special.

Also, the difference in time and effort between the initial CGI and the final version is extreme.  The high level rendering takes giant computers and long hours and weeks of work
but to make thoose incomplete CGI requires the actors to act, speak, the crews to record and a studio to rent, it expenses money too

'Itan Atxur

Yes but not nearly as much effort and money as it takes to make the photo-realistic cgi. Take Portal 2's intro cut scene for an instance. It's really nothing special by video game standards. Just a typical cut scene. But according to the developer commentary it took their computers NINETY DAYS to render that!

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Dalva

mmm.. okay so rendering is expensive
when i made this, it took around 8 hours to render on a classroom computer, when my school is having an event back in 2010
after i rendered that i wonder how much time needed to render avatar. lol  ;D

Technowraith

Unless you had a power house computer in the classroom, rendering anything will take a very long time.

Since obtaining supercomputers is exceptionally expensive, a lot of studios take advantage of Render farms. These are literally banks of high end processors and computers that serve nothing than to crunch numbers for rendering images and animation/movies. The level of computing power available in a render farm is lightyears over what an average student or person will ever have access to, unless you're going to a high end school or your school has access to some serious computing power.

See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

'Itan Atxur

We're a tad off topic. Maybe we should open a new topic elsewhere? This is an interesting conversation.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE