Can anybody understand what the voices are saying... (spoilers I guess)

Started by 'Itan Atxur, February 01, 2010, 03:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'Itan Atxur

...when Jake first connects to the tree of voices? I can understand most of the Na'vi in the movie but can't even make out what the voices are even saying.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Tirea Pa'li

There too many voices. I cant make a word out of it.
I have tried whit the song too. Noting yet. :( Song is in the OST under "Jake`s first flight" - at the end of the track. Such beautiful music and i cant understand a word... i`ll wait for a leak on translation.
From all the weapons you have used against us, we always feared your guns least!

Technowraith

I think the voices of the ancestors are simply singing or chanting. It's not clear enough to determine what exactly they are saying though.
See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

'Itan Atxur

Yeah, that's kind of what I thought. It would have been cool to be able to hear something from the past.

Txontaw

They should have stuck something in there for the hardcore Na'vi learners to hear and laugh at.

Kind of an inside joke, just for us.
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

'Itan Atxur

I really hope the sequels are FULL of untranslated Na'vi. I want to be able to watch twice the movie that non Na'vi speakers can.

TorukMakto!

Quote from: Itan Atìtxur on February 03, 2010, 09:28:52 AM
I really hope the sequels are FULL of untranslated Na'vi. I want to be able to watch twice the movie that non Na'vi speakers can.

It'll create pros and cons, of course savvy Na'vi will have a blast the whole movie , but other who don't might get some frasturatin if there be tons of untranslated Na'vi. Don't get me wrong I wouldnt mind hearing comments in Na'vi between two Na'vi's joking about someone's direhorse riding skills, or not brashing their tail, or just about someone being a moron or such.

'Itan Atxur

I mean, like, maybe in the background when the main characters are talking or something. I know they'd need to translate important lines for nonspeakers.

Txonyä'ite

So I just went and saw the movie again and concentrated specifically on this part. In my opinion they are singing one of the songs from the activist guide as a round. I hear 3 distinct voices making the same sequence of sounds in succession. It sounds like "tompayä ka..." with the yä drawn out for about a beat. I don't know if this is correct but when i tried to find something to match it with it actually matches "the weaving song" on page 41 of the ASG.

eywa ngahu

'Itan Atxur

Awesome! I'm gonna check this out if I go on Thursday like I'm supposed to. Now at least I'll be able to focus on one thing instead of trying to figure the entire thing out.