Confirmed DVD Release Date

Started by neosis666, March 01, 2010, 04:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'Awve Tìkameie

I'm assuming that that date is just a "placeholder" until the official date is announced. If I'm wrong, then, well, ugh.
My uncle's dog came over a little less than one week ago. I stupidly left the computer plug on the floor. That night, his dog chewed it up. So, the next morning, I go looking for the plug and I find a chewed up piece of metal. I sadly cannot purchase a new plug right now, and my computer's battery is out. I'm at my public library.

Also, I discovered this promising "small business" film company called Mirror Entertainment. It looks really promising: http://www.mirrorente

Tsu'roen

20th Century FOX seems to be totally lousy with this - other movies that came out around the same time have already defined release dates and can be pre-ordered at Amazon.com: Sherlock Holmes, The Lovely Bones, Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel, ... just to name a few.
"There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much" ~ Dr. Grace Augustine

"You have a strong heart. No fear. But stupid!  Ignorant like a child!" ~ Neytiri te Tskaha Mo'at'ite

10x (1x 2D, 3x Real 3D, 6x IMAX 3D)
1x Special Ed. (1x IMAX 3D)

Notorious

Need it for the 22 April!
Already seen the movie 3 times in 3D and 1 time normal! CAN'T SPEND MUCH MORE MONEY, this movie is gonna empty my wallet completly D:

(Still  awesome though)

Eywah Ngahu!

Zefanaya

Quote from: Zìsìt Yur on March 04, 2010, 06:10:34 PM
I think when this comes out I'm going to just have it on Loop on my TV constantly, even when I'm asleep. So if I wake up and night, I can just kinda.. sit up and watch a trippy, sleep enhanced Thanator chase Jake then go back to sleep knowing everything is as it should be.
OME, that would be awesome, it would be even more amazing if you had a 3D tv, oh and does anyone think there will be an Avatar themed 3D TV or a 3D tv bundled with Avatar the movie blu ray and the game. (I would by that).
AM 2012 - Uniting the Clans Planning Team
Zephaniah Washington - [email protected]

A Furry - FA: Tirey
AMERICANS FOR PROTECTION OF FREE SPEECH

Zefanaya

QuoteLate 2010/Early 2011:
Of course, the big question is when the 3D version of Avatar will be released. James Cameron has said to look for it in November of 2010, while Fox is currently denying that.
Quote from bestbuy.com

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Electronics+Promotions/regularCat:pcmcat204300050000/pcmcat204300050000.c?id=pcmcat204300050000

I hate fox they want it slated for 2011 JC wants way sooner.

as for 3D TV's and what you need to know just click my link also bestbuy is along sign up's on there website so you can be notified as soon as you can get Avatar (go Bestbuy).

Eywa ngahu

Tsu'roen

Well - I'm not going to buy a 3D TV right when they come out.
Let them debug them first and come down in price - let somebody else be the guinea pig and pay for the R&D!
"There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much" ~ Dr. Grace Augustine

"You have a strong heart. No fear. But stupid!  Ignorant like a child!" ~ Neytiri te Tskaha Mo'at'ite

archaic

This active shutter technology, I saw demonstrated at a trade fair, way back in 1995.
New it is not.
Cool it is. 8)

I want.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Kesìltsamsiyu

I'll definitely bet getting the 2D blu-ray version as soon as I can, cause there's no way I'll be able to [afford||hack together] a 3d TV before this time next year at the earliest. Unless you count giving myself a colossal headache trying to do it cross-eyed on my dual monitor'd computer, but even then, stereo separation on a functionally 30" screen would be pretty bad, and that's not even mentioning the gross breaches of the DMCA and days of FFMPEG tweaking that would be involved getting it to run on separate output devices on a mac.
Phase I: IPTG -> GFP
Phase III: Avatar Botany

Tsu'roen

Quote from: archaic on March 08, 2010, 03:27:12 AM
This active shutter technology, I saw demonstrated at a trade fair, way back in 1995.
New it is not.
Cool it is. 8)

I want.
Active shutter is a pretty clumsy technology with relatively heavy glasses that have on top of that to be hooked up to the TV/BD over a cable.
I'm rather waiting for the 3D TVs that work with left and right circular polarization

archaic

Not a cable, IR, just like a tv remote, and not noticeably heavier that some designer sunglasses.

Fnua Atxkxe

I've never had any probs with my shutter glasses. The 3d effects seem pretty good plus yeah, I wouldn't say they are heavy at all. And yes, IR emitter, just sits next to screen. Just have to charge the glasses occasionaly.
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

Zefanaya

Quote from: Tsu'roen on March 08, 2010, 04:18:52 AM
Quote from: archaic on March 08, 2010, 03:27:12 AM
New it is not.
Cool it is. 8)

I want.
Active shutter is a pretty clumsy technology with relatively heavy glasses that have on top of that to be hooked up to the TV/BD over a cable.
I'm rather waiting for the 3D TVs that work with left and right circular polarization

I don't think I will be an early adopter of this tech, think I am going to wait for it be main stream, or better yet wait for holograms (my guess we will see early holographic projection tech by CES 2019).

Eywa ngahu.

archaic

It could be cheap to buy, simple set top box, and it would drive many 3D glasses.
I would expect 200 bucks for box 1 pair of glasses, extra pairs 30-40 bucks each, at launch.
Dropping to maybe 50 bucks for just the box, and 10-15 for 3D glasses. Maybe less!

Holographic projector tv would be thousands at launch! Will drop, but slowly.

IMO.

Back on topic....

I've put down a deposit on the DVD, the guy in the store checked to see if the release date had been fixed, it hasn't.

Tsu'roen

I have some first hand experience with creating and displaying holograms.
I'm not sure if holographic technology will ever be suitable for playing movies on something like a TV. Definitely not in the very near future.
Creating holograms is another issue since you need laser light sources to illuminate your set and actors.
Fully CGI or animated movies may be able to pull it off without the lasers by just calculating it inside the computer - but that will require some serious calculating power.
I wouldn't hold my breath for holographic TV yet.

El Jacko

Quote from: Tsu'roen on March 09, 2010, 10:42:57 AM
I'm not sure if holographic technology will ever be suitable for playing movies on something like a TV. Definitely not in the very near future.
Creating holograms is another issue since you need laser light sources to illuminate your set and actors.
Fully CGI or animated movies may be able to pull it off without the lasers by just calculating it inside the computer - but that will require some serious calculating power.

Is it true that proper holograms take hours to make? What with the laser scanning, etching, etc..
'Look at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us...on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam' - Carl Sagan

Kesìltsamsiyu

Quote from: El Jacko on March 09, 2010, 11:46:53 AM
Quote from: Tsu'roen on March 09, 2010, 10:42:57 AM

Is it true that proper holograms take hours to make? What with the laser scanning, etching, etc..

Yes. Making holograms is a pretty involved process, and making one that moves is... well... I'm not getting my hopes up for CES2019. Having holographic screens has been on par with flying cars and cold fusion as far as 'stuff we're supposed to have in the future' since the sixties, and as far as I know, the technology involved hasn't made any appreciable advanced in almost that long.
Phase I: IPTG -> GFP
Phase III: Avatar Botany

Zefanaya

not implying we will see video class holographic tech at ces 2019 just early holographic projection tech maybe nothing more than a text rendering device in avatar it appears that holograms are still very limited as they are used only in one part of the movie and the projection rig is massive. No i would early adopt holorapic projection but I think I will wait for 3D prices to drop a little how ever if I see a TV for less than $2100.00 US that is about 32" or so heck yes I will buy one.

Eywa ngahu

DarkWolf896

well here is an artical that states 3D tv's will go on sale with 32 inch starting at about 1954.29 USD

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1256931/3D-TV.html

'Awve Tìkameie

Quote from: DarkWolf896 on March 12, 2010, 12:06:06 AM
well here is an artical that states 3D tv's will go on sale with 32 inch starting at about 1954.29 USD

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1256931/3D-TV.html

I'm definitely going to be spending $2,000+ for a 32" TV  :P. I have a question, is everything in 3D, or just DVDs in 3D format?
My uncle's dog came over a little less than one week ago. I stupidly left the computer plug on the floor. That night, his dog chewed it up. So, the next morning, I go looking for the plug and I find a chewed up piece of metal. I sadly cannot purchase a new plug right now, and my computer's battery is out. I'm at my public library.

Also, I discovered this promising "small business" film company called Mirror Entertainment. It looks really promising: http://www.mirrorente

DarkWolf896

QuoteAll of Samsung's 3D TVs offer built-in hardware which, it claims, can render standard 2D content into a form of 3D.

that is taken from the article, and I agree $2,000 for a 32'' is expensive. I'll wait until I can get a 52'' for that price.