Avatar > Avatar 1 (formerly "The Movie")

Date in avatar

<< < (2/4) > >>

Txantslusama tsamsiyu:

--- Quote from: Tanhi on January 03, 2010, 05:51:11 pm ---
--- Quote from: marte on January 03, 2010, 03:53:04 pm ---I just came back from watching the movie again an noticed that the date on the videolog screen at one point was 08/13/2154. I wonder why they created a 13th month in the future? Thoughts?

Another thing I noticed was that nang is used at the end of a sentence like the Japanese yo, but I was probably just slow to realise that. :p

--- End quote ---

remember when he's recording he's at pandora  and pandora is a moon sooo... maybe the rotation of pandora is faster[or the same as earth] but the rotation aroud its sun is slower, and if that's the case then more days/months are needed. we have to look at the hours in each log and see what is the max. and all kinds of detail.

--- End quote ---
I wonder if there something in the book saying how many earth days it takes for a full year at Pandora.

Tirealì'u:
That is a petty interesting question, but you know what I wonder about when it comes to Pandora? How long is the Long Night that surely happens frequently, when the planet blocks out the sun for a good chunk of time.

Sylwanin ean Tanhì:

--- Quote from: Txantslusama tsamsiyu on January 03, 2010, 05:56:41 pm ---
--- Quote from: Tanhi on January 03, 2010, 05:51:11 pm ---
--- Quote from: marte on January 03, 2010, 03:53:04 pm ---I just came back from watching the movie again an noticed that the date on the videolog screen at one point was 08/13/2154. I wonder why they created a 13th month in the future? Thoughts?

Another thing I noticed was that nang is used at the end of a sentence like the Japanese yo, but I was probably just slow to realise that. :p

--- End quote ---

remember when he's recording he's at pandora  and pandora is a moon sooo... maybe the rotation of pandora is faster[or the same as earth] but the rotation aroud its sun is slower, and if that's the case then more days/months are needed. we have to look at the hours in each log and see what is the max. and all kinds of detail.

--- End quote ---
I wonder if there something in the book saying how many earth days it takes for a full year at Pandora.

--- End quote ---

Im sure somewhere in the book it has to say it... I have  acouple of pages of it and u have definitely motivated me to read it, if I find it will be posting soon!

Sylwanin ean Tanhì:

--- Quote from: Tirealì'u on January 03, 2010, 05:59:23 pm ---That is a petty interesting question, but you know what I wonder about when it comes to Pandora? How long is the Long Night that surely happens frequently, when the planet blocks out the sun for a good chunk of time.

--- End quote ---

well if pandora is a moon it cannot be dark too many days and I say it bc pandora has a lot [almost everything] bio-luminescent so it needs to "charge" with the sun or have a source of light. Also If it is a moon then the world that it corresponds to needs to rotate too...
*sorry if you dont understand me much, my english is not so good.

Kametu:
Perhaps the 'long' nights are one of the leading reasons in so much bioluminescence?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version