Avatar > Avatar 1 (formerly "The Movie")

Date in avatar

(1/4) > >>

marte:
I just came back from watching the movie again an noticed that the date on the videolog screen at one point was 08/13/2154. I wonder why they created a 13th month in the future? Thoughts?

Another thing I noticed was that nang is used at the end of a sentence like the Japanese yo, but I was probably just slow to realise that. :p

Txantslusama tsamsiyu:
No in the movie they just did month/day/year. If you pay attention to the video logs u can see the 3 months that past when the bulldozers arrive at the tree of voices.

Sngä'i Tìrey-yä:
I see you're from Portugal.

In America the way we record dates is Month/Day/Year, so it would make sense that the American corporation would also use this pattern.

Tirealì'u:
Yeah, we Americans like to be tricksy to keep the rest of you on your toes.

But yeah, that would be why the dates would be like that. August 13th, 2154.

Which is a Tuesday, apparently.

http://www.hf.rim.or.jp/~kaji/cal/cal.cgi?2154

Sylwanin ean Tanhì:

--- Quote from: marte on January 03, 2010, 03:53:04 pm ---I just came back from watching the movie again an noticed that the date on the videolog screen at one point was 08/13/2154. I wonder why they created a 13th month in the future? Thoughts?

Another thing I noticed was that nang is used at the end of a sentence like the Japanese yo, but I was probably just slow to realise that. :p

--- End quote ---

remember when he's recording he's at pandora  and pandora is a moon sooo... maybe the rotation of pandora is faster[or the same as earth] but the rotation aroud its sun is slower, and if that's the case then more days/months are needed. we have to look at the hours in each log and see what is the max. and all kinds of detail.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version