Favorite Parts of the movie (spoilers)

Started by Skxawng, December 21, 2009, 02:18:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zalorticus

She is the leader of the Omaticayas worship. She interperets the will of Eywa.
Failure is the mother of success.
Soon, we will no longer be the leaves on the wind, but the wind itself.
You don't have to be a scholar to be a leader.
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Brainiac

oh, yeah  ;D
that's why I couldn't find it in the dictionary :p
Speed is a ppoor sbubstitue fo accurancy

Check out my blogif my presence on this board isn't weird enough for you.

Eywayä mokri

°°We don't forget anyone, we only get used to their absence.°°

Brainiac

xsoft

Quote from: Zalorticus on December 22, 2009, 03:34:14 PM
My favorite part...the whole thing. I can't exactly choose a favorite part, it would be these two:

1. When Jake first gets in his Avatar. I can't believe they didn't see that coming.

2. When Jake is learning with Neytiri. "Neytiri, you will teach him our ways." "Really? That's not fair!"

Same like above.

- Jakes 1st avatar body expirience - the "tail" moment.
- entire introduction with Neytiri - from first picture of Neytiri to moment before sleep
---- TOP - "You should NOT be here" / Go back  moment
---- shes angry after mothers words
- and all scenes with Tsahaylu connection*.

*PS: do you thing that "dont play with it or you go blind" was meaned seriously or it was a joke? (translation and bading can alter real meaning ..)

Navi != Na'vi. Deku Tree != Utral Aymokriyä

Brainiac

Quote from: xsoft on December 23, 2009, 06:58:56 AM

*PS: do you thing that "dont play with it or you go blind" was meaned seriously or it was a joke? (translation and bading can alter real meaning ..)

It's a joke, a reference to masturbation (it's not profanity if it's true, right?)

Sa'vitri

1. Jake's first walk/run in his Avatar body
2. His first time in a thong when he joins the group while trying to pull on his wedgie :D
3.  His first flight on his Ikran
4.  The ceremony where he becomes one of The People
5.  The rallying speech
6.  The moment when Nay'tiri (sp) kisses both of his eyes on his human body and says (IMO) goodbye.
7.  The moment when he opens his eyes in his Avatar.   I cheered.
You have a strong heart....BUT STUPID LIKE A CHILD!

Sa'vitri

I love the fact that I can hear his Aussie accent flowing throughout the film.  The fact that he's working hard to maintain an American accent endears him as an actor to me.  At least he's trying.   I love Australia for giving us actors who are MEN.  I'm tired of looking a "boy-band" lead singer looking actors trying to play strong and hard.  Sam Worthington, even in Terminator-Salvation, standing still gives of more strength then a huge majority of American actors who arent over 40 can.  I can't wait to see his upcoming films.
You have a strong heart....BUT STUPID LIKE A CHILD!

'it a txep

There were a few outdoor scenes that just took my breath away! Not only the ones with the luminescence though.

Apart from that, i liked a couple of things: the ritual where Jake is accepted into the clan with a giant "group hug", the part in the beginning where Neytiri tells him he moves and behaves like a baby, and the scene where Neytiri is holding human Jake in her arms and he looks so tiny. :D
(formerly known as Kawtu)

Taruia

My favorite scene(s) were the gathering of the clans. I loved that the Omatikaya weren't the only clan. So many times in movies like this the other people on a world get ignored, and I loved that their clans were fundamentally different from the Omatikaya. Made the whole world seem more real to me.

Also Jake's "war speech" brings tears to my eyes every time I see it. Just so powerful, and rawr!

Txur’Itan

I liked everything between the Cryogenics Bubble, and the Credits!
私は太った男だ。

MOUNTAINBANSHEE

deinatly the tree of souls just before the buldoser rips it down.

eywa ngahu
join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Motxokxen

this is really hard, the whole movie was great... but i can try....
1. Nay'tiri and jake kiss under the tree (generally i like how jake developed throughout the movie but i figured this was the climax to that) [fav story moment]
2. Jake arrives with the great leonopteryx (toruk)/ last shadow
3. when jake and tribe go climbing to get his iklan  (favorite visual moment, aside from any night scene b/c i love bioluminescence )
4. when the Dragon Gunship's guns go blazing in the last battle. ( second  favorite visual moment aside from any night scene)
5. when col miles quartich tries to shoot jake and friend as they lave the hanger (miles is like Chuck Norris and terminator combined, aka awesome)
6. when jake first gets into his avatar body (i feel like he finally gets to live from that point on)
7. Jake's general progression into the Na'vi culture and his learning scenes.

these are only fraction of points away from each other. 

Eyamsiyu

One part that I just thought about, and wish I knew what other Na'vi were thinking when it happened, was when Tsu'tey attacked Jake before the whole fiasco of the burning down of the tree, and Jake uses what can only be described as the martial arts that he learned as a Marine on Earth.  I mean, I doubt that any of the Na'vi ever really fought with their hands and feet in such a way, and to see that would be appalling.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

JamesCameronOnline.com

For me its the moment when the tables turn in the battel and when the backup arrives from Eywa

MaTe

1) most emotional : "if you are one of us - help us!", starts to build up as she walks to them... a distinct decision point of the movie.
2) the best - as she jumps down on to leaves and he has to follow. "you are not in kansas anymore" feeling.
3) best use of 3d: multi-layerd scene from cockpit of quartch's mech showing cockpit, jungle, bio lab, jungle in multiple layers.
other noteble:
all general night eye-candy
leading dive onto gunships
3 seconds of preparing to shoot an arrow at colonel.
Where is my NDD fix?
some people juggle geese...

Motxokxen

yeah all the scenes with the 3d computer displays where quite impressive.

tari

I'll have to see it again to decide on my favorite scenes in terms of story, so I'll have to come back to that.

If we're just talking things that looked great, the one scene (granted, the only time I've seen it so far was in IMAX 3D) that really floored me was the destruction of hometree sequence, and the scene immediately following.
First, before the tree falls, when the incendiary rounds are fired- that literally made me imagine I could smell smoke in the theatre.  Chills all over.
Second, there's the sequence immediately after Jake wakes up following the tree falling, with all the falling ash.  An excellent use of 3D, that (that goes for much of the film, but particularly in that one scene).

MarioO

Some of the scenes I like (I like the full film, but a few of my favorites)
When Jake meets the Hammerhead (this big blue dinosaur thing) and it flees. Then Jake say some bad things to it and doesn't noticed that this cat-like creature was behind him.

Also a kind of funny when the gunships arrive by the hometree and the big gunship with the colonel (?) in it is shot by some arrows which didn't damged the ship anyway.

One of the most epic moments was when the RDA prepares for the atack on the tree of souls. One of the best picture moments when the gunships and the shuttle fly to the tree of souls without knowing that the Na'vi prepared an ambush.

Toruk Makto

Quote from: Lì'uyä täftxuyu on December 23, 2009, 07:14:28 AM
Quote from: xsoft on December 23, 2009, 06:58:56 AM

It's a joke, a reference to masturbation (it's not profanity if it's true, right?)

I'm sure Grace meant it as that joke, but if you think about it, without the neural queue, the Na'vi would be blind to much of their world. So don't play with it and break it!  ;)

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf