Favorite Parts of the movie (spoilers)

Started by Skxawng, December 21, 2009, 02:18:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skxawng

Will write my own fav parts later, but my laptop is about to die

"prrkxentrrkrr is a skill best saved for only the most cunning linguist"

Sarkath

The one of many parts that stick out in my mind is when Jake claims his Banshee.

guitarsniper

i was a big fan of the falling on leaves scene. also, the first scene in the jungle was full of so much wonder and excitement, it made me wish that the BBC had shot Planet Earth in the same level of 3d
ayoengl fa ftia emz<ay>a'<ei>u

Eywayä mokri

I think the part when Jake just becomes one of the Omaticayas and then goes with Neytiri in the jungle in one of my favorite parts.

I really like the beauty of the world that is shown here and the soundtrack just fits perfectly. You can also see the perfection of the expressions on their faces when Neytiri tells Jake that he can now choose a wife. I think this part is very emotional.
°°We don't forget anyone, we only get used to their absence.°°

Sarkath

Quote from: Eywa-ri 'eveng on December 21, 2009, 03:07:22 AM
I think the part when Jake just becomes one of the Omaticayas and then goes with Neytiri in the jungle in one of my favorite parts.

I really like the beauty of the world that is shown here and the soundtrack just fits perfectly. You can also see the perfection of the expressions on their faces when Neytiri tells Jake that he can now choose a wife. I think this part is very emotional.

This was the second one to come to mind. After hearing someone else describe this scene makes me shift the order in my head a bit. :)

Brainiac

My favorite part is still Jake waking up.
Seeing the joy of a paraplegic running for the first time in who knows how long.
It always brings a smile to my face.
That, and the first time he rides his ikran.
Couldn't stop smiling.
Speed is a ppoor sbubstitue fo accurancy

Check out my blogif my presence on this board isn't weird enough for you.

Seniver

The scene where Jake first uses the Avatar body, and gets up and starts running. I thought that was brilliant.
And the whole montage where he's learning the Na'vi culture, the music and editing were fantastic on top of the visuals!

Sarkath

I do not want to steal other people's favorite parts but...When they are climbing up to obtain their Ikran, the music there is breathtaking and the visuals just take even more breath away.

Eywayä mokri

Yeah that one is really nice too. :) I have the soundtrack for now a few days and I can't stop listening those songs...
°°We don't forget anyone, we only get used to their absence.°°

Seniver

Same, I can't stop listening to the soundtrack!
I'd love to know the Na'vi lyrics used in some of the tracks ('Jake's First Flight' for example), for translating.

Sarkath

The soundtrack is on my iTunes wishlist, along with both volumes of the music from Glee. :D

TrueJournals

Well, I'd have to go with a couple parts...
First off, the first time we see the Hallelujah Mountains.  The view of them was just gorgeous.
Secondly, any nighttime scene.  I loved how the Pandorean landscape just lights up at night.

Tirealì'u

Bioluminescence. Any scene that involved it.

Toruk_Makto

I love the part when neytiri tells jake that he can choose a wife and his previous love game
But my favorite part is when he climb to the hallelujah mountains and catch and ride his ikran... amazing

Eyamsiyu

as far as just a general favorite part, it would have to be the scenery in the movie: after seeing it, it truly made me want to go live there (even though it is fantasy), just to experience the beauty of it all.

As far as a favorite scene, it would probably have to be when Jake spoke out to the Na'vi in his "pre-battle" speech.  Truly awesome.  And also the very last scene of the movie (won't say much, for those on here who have possibly not seen it).

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Skxawng

I think my favorite part is the development and change of Jake's character.  Throughout the movie he goes through such a transition, and its occurrence is so visceral in a subtle way ... when he's learning the basic things in his recordings he's all indifferent and sort of like whatever about Neytiri explaining how everything is connected.  Eventually his first kill is 'clean' and he says the prayer, but its clearly just him repeating the words, not really truly meaning them like Neytiri did when she saved Jake.  I got the feeling that at that point he was still just being a part of the Colonel's plan.  First riding the ikran we finally see him make a connection, thanks in part I think to the dreams he had growing up of flying (in the beginning of the movie) It is truly a rebirth of sorts, sealed by his confession of wanting Neytiri.

All his life he's just been lost, asleep even. If his human life was a dream, then the dream he had in the beginning of flight was a flash of reality, and flying for 'real' was truly him awakening

I dunno i bungled the description I think, perhaps the idea gets across.  I'm going through an incredibly transitional period of my life right now myself, so this awakening has sort of struck a chord with me

I still smile when I think of it :)

"prrkxentrrkrr is a skill best saved for only the most cunning linguist"

omängum fra'uti

I don't know if I can say favorite, but there are two scenes that really stick out in my mind.  The first in a humorous sense, the second in a very emotionally moving sense.

I'll start with the second so I end on an up note.  That scene is when the Hometree is destroyed and comes falling down.  In a way the scene hearkens back to September 11th, conveying a similar sense of bewilderment, tragedy, and just pure loss the Na'vi felt.  I think that is really the scene that drives the point home that the Na'vi are a people who's entirety of being is at stake. Both to the audience and to Jake.

Now the first was near the beginning of the movie, when Jake was getting in to link up to his Avatar for the first time in the Hometree, and he was being drilled about important people in the clan.  After a short lecture as he's getting in, he holds up Neytiri's picture and asks rhetorically (Paraphrased, I don't remember the exact words) "Who's got a date with the chieftan's daughter?"  I don't know why that scene sticks out in my mind but it does.  Maybe because it was a sort of punchline to his rather childlike behavior the day before when he was with the scientists then later when he was following Neytiri to the Hometree.
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Chuan

My favorite part was from the first second till the start of the credits, aka the whole movie. I kind of went into a trance for the entire movie and couldn't stop thinking about it afterward, that's why I'm on these forums now  ;) Going for a third viewing soon. The whole movie was EPIC!!!

Seze

Quote from: Chuan on December 22, 2009, 12:05:53 AM
My favorite part was from the first second till the start of the credits, aka the whole movie. I kind of went into a trance for the entire movie and couldn't stop thinking about it afterward, that's why I'm on these forums now  ;) Going for a third viewing soon. The whole movie was EPIC!!!

I had a similar experience to the movie.  I feel extremely lucky in that I somehow missed all the advertising and hype for the movie until the day before it came out.  The only preconceived notions I had for the film was from part of a trailer I saw.  Needless to say, it blew my mind.  I also didn't realize that the movie was motion capture.  Until I found that out, I really thought the actors were playing the parts with prosthetics and makeup on, and that speaks volumes to how good cgi is getting these days that it can create outstanding photorealistic frames. 

I've seen the movie 3 times in theaters, and while it still impresses me each time, its just not the same mind blowing experience I had during the first viewing...

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Lora'txum

I've seen it three times, and my opinion hasn't changed. My favorite scene is still Jake's speech to the Omaticaya before they go get the other clans. The power of the acting and the believability of the characters just hits home there, and every time I have seen it it sends shivers all over my body. The whole movie is a pure joy to watch, but that part in particular just stands out for me.

Oh, and Jake's face when he tells Grace he dissected a frog once. I can't help but giggle every time. :3
Eywa ngahu.

Lora'txum
Beautiful(ADJ) Poison(SUB)
Pretty Poison ie - The closest I could get our current vocab to say "Plague", my usual online handle.