Feels like your missing something

Started by Taw Atan, April 15, 2010, 08:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niwantaw

I hope that in some ways I never get a gun. I'm too impersonal. as soon as I start shooting things I stop thinking of them as things. Just as targets. and it really scares me.
It might be different in real life but I really don't trust myself.
Only mostly AWOL.

Ekirä

*shudder* I hope you never get a gun too.... :P

Puvomun

Quote from: Tawtewng on July 29, 2010, 10:30:27 AM
I hope that in some ways I never get a gun. I'm too impersonal. as soon as I start shooting things I stop thinking of them as things. Just as targets. and it really scares me.

Please, never get a gun. Promise?
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Niwantaw

Quote from: Puvomun on July 29, 2010, 11:44:31 AM
Quote from: Tawtewng on July 29, 2010, 10:30:27 AM

That is the plan.
Only mostly AWOL.

Puvomun

Ngopyu ayvurä.

'Ì'awn Menari

Quote from: Txur Nìftxavang on July 29, 2010, 10:25:22 AM
I learned the Bow & arrow thing at a young age, but I have a compound bow in my closet.  I haven't picked it up in a good three months.  Blah,  practice makes perfect.  I might be a little rusty though, but it seems to come natural to me.  As for a Knife, or Sword,  I would rather use my Kabar Fighting/Utility Knife. 

i have yet to train with a real sword but i'm not all that bad with a stick the same length (though weight might vary for obvious reasons) i just need actual training to use a katana. 
Lord and Lady Bless )O(
and before I forget...
Eywa ngahu! =D

Txur Niftxavang

Quote from: Puvomun on July 29, 2010, 12:37:12 PM
Quote from: Tawtewng on July 29, 2010, 12:33:05 PM
That is the plan.
Ma Tsmukan!!

I understand your guys views, and I certainly respect them.  The one time I would pick that .45Auto up would have to be if my family were in danger.  I have been shot at, wounded, but if you take my family away, you might as well say good bye. You awakend a tyrant. I doubt that will ever happen, but I have to expect the unexpected.  Personally, I'd rather protest peacefully, because I have done my share of spreading blood, and I'm sickened of what I was. Orders.  That's what they were, no simpathy, emotion... We carried them out without a second thought.  I wish I could go back, but I hate living in regret.
PSN: AVATAR_052191

If anyone has a question about firearms training/ Bow training leave a message, a voicemail on my phone, or text.
State your name, and if you are one of the people.

'Ì'awn Menari

Quote from: Txur Nìftxavang on July 30, 2010, 08:56:05 PM
Quote from: Puvomun on July 29, 2010, 12:37:12 PM
Quote from: Tawtewng on July 29, 2010, 12:33:05 PM
That is the plan.
Ma Tsmukan!!

I understand your guys views, and I certainly respect them.  The one time I would pick that .45Auto up would have to be if my family were in danger.  I have been shot at, wounded, but if you take my family away, you might as well say good bye. You awakend a tyrant. I doubt that will ever happen, but I have to expect the unexpected.  Personally, I'd rather protest peacefully, because I have done my share of spreading blood, and I'm sickened of what I was. Orders.  That's what they were, no simpathy, emotion... We carried them out without a second thought.  I wish I could go back, but I hate living in regret.

oe mllte ma tsmukan.  my blade will only be drawn in defense, never offense.  personally i want a sakabato (a reverse edged blade). 
Lord and Lady Bless )O(
and before I forget...
Eywa ngahu! =D

Puvomun

Quote from: Txur Nìftxavang on July 30, 2010, 08:56:05 PM
I understand your guys views, and I certainly respect them.  The one time I would pick that .45Auto up would have to be if my family were in danger.  I have been shot at, wounded, but if you take my family away, you might as well say good bye.
Oh, mllte, I seriously understand. I prefer the way of peace, but if a person tries to harm someone I love or hold dear, then this person should also be prepared to be taken apart.
And yes, I know how to do that. There are times you have to stand up and fight.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Muzer

I plan never to pick up a gun - a plan which I'm pretty certain I can achieve, considering I don't live in the US.

I also don't plan to use any other weapons to actually harm someone else, or threaten to do so.
[21:42:56] <@Muzer> Apple products used to be good, if expensive
[21:42:59] <@Muzer> now they are just expensive

Puvomun

Mllte, ma Muzer.

I do not plan to harm people. Nor do I want to threaten anyone. There is a fine line  between harm and hurt, though, and if I can prevent, for instance, a friend from being harmed or hurt (think being beaten up, or raped/molested), I will not wait to act. In such a case the people who go against my friend will be very sorry.

Learn to fight (disable people without damaging them. Too much.). With that, if your teacher is good, you will learn how to avoid fighting. I have learnt that there is more satisfaction in not fighting people, as knocking someone over is so easy if you learnt the proper ways.

The better you get, the less you need it, as your inner strength and smartness shows and grows.

How this fits in this topic? Easy: the Na'vi know how to live. They practice their bodies to live in the jungle they live in, or on the Eastern seashores. That is what I miss; people who know how to live and not bash each others heads in. People who respect life and their environment Na'vi style.

Eywa ngahu. :)

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Muzer

I did Tai Kwon-Do when I was younger, but I hated it. And I've been able to keep out of fights my whole life so far (touch wood), and I certainly know it wasn't Tai Kwon-Do that taught me that. I think it's more (not-so-)common sense - I've had urges to start fights, of course - who hasn't? - but I've always been reasonable and never actually given in. And if someone is provoking me, I just ignore them entirely or walk away.

Puvomun

Good for you. Really. Fighting sucks.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

'Ì'awn Menari

if anyone messes with my pack then they've just angered godmomma wolf.  and i do not take that sh** lightly.  if it's verbal/emotional then they're going to get chewed out by me (maybe smacked across the face), but if they threaten to physically harm them, sakabato's drawn.  it'll at least beat the crap out of them without killing them unless i switch the side (but that'll only happen in the most extreme cases). 

i hope it never comes to me drawing the sakabato, or any other mideaval weapon i'll be getting ^_^.  but they'll be at teh very least a good deterrence. 
Lord and Lady Bless )O(
and before I forget...
Eywa ngahu! =D

Puvomun

Quote from: 'Ì'awn Menari on July 31, 2010, 07:37:07 AM
if anyone messes with my pack then they've just angered godmomma wolf.

Srane, packmates stand up for each other. It is a good thing that usually the presence of an entire pack will already make sure that any problem makers will leave with their tail between their legs. But if they don't and they ask for trouble, it is a good thing when you are prepared to put the trouble in their camp, and make it short.

I have learnt that it is very demoralising for an agressor if you can take him/them out quickly and cleanly. The faster it goes, the deeper the shock will take hold.

(It is something entirely different to go out and slap people around just because you can. That puts you in the track of the agressor, and then, in my book, you deserve to be taken out. Quickly and cleanly.)

Ma Muzer, I am proud of you, ma tsmukan, that you have been able to walk away from problems so far. Really, I am. And I ask Eywa to keep you in that experience.

So mote it be, and I would love to know how to put that in proper Na'vi.

Eywa ayngahu.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

'Ì'awn Menari

Quote from: Puvomun on July 31, 2010, 11:25:18 AM
(It is something entirely different to go out and slap people around just because you can. That puts you in the track of the agressor, and then, in my book, you deserve to be taken out. Quickly and cleanly.)

oh i won't smack them for no reason.  but if they emotionally, verbally, mentally hurt my pack then they get chewed out.  if it's bad enough, then yes they will get smacked.  they have to do something really messed up to my pack-mates for me to smack them...

i don't like violence and if i can avoid it i will.  but hurt my pack uh-uh not going to fly with me...
Lord and Lady Bless )O(
and before I forget...
Eywa ngahu! =D

Puvomun

Quote from: 'Ì'awn Menari on July 31, 2010, 11:36:13 AM
i don't like violence and if i can avoid it i will.  but hurt my pack uh-uh not going to fly with me...

We'll keep the pack safe. Come,

Maktoko!

(I love that shot.)

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Txur Niftxavang

I remember this, but I explained on a different thread. Yea I know that, now you know why I don't drink... I get flashbacks, and I get really irritable, and furious.  Last time I drank was about a year ago, I threw a person out of a window for calling my brother a faggot. That was about a month after when I got back, one of the darkest times in my life. My bro is homosexual, but I respect his orientation.  I remember waking up the next morning with blood in my bed from my hand being cut from the glass. The guy had a cuncussion and didn't remember what happened, so I told him that he lost his balance...  I was a mean person back then.    I thought that intolerance of that particular person, was justified in taking a beating. I guess rightous anger is an exception, my brother did not even provoke the guy... That's why it flipped my "KILL" switch.  Three people had to pull me off the guy, I would have killed him... I'm sorry Eywa. 
PSN: AVATAR_052191

If anyone has a question about firearms training/ Bow training leave a message, a voicemail on my phone, or text.
State your name, and if you are one of the people.

Muzer

(Bringing this even more wildly offtopic)

It's stupid how people discriminate against gay people. It isn't their fault if they just happen to have turned out like that. It's just plain ignorance with most people, I believe - if they knew those people had no choice in being gay, and knew all of the facts about it, they might be more understanding.

(And I prefer using the word "gay" - a name chosen by gay pride groups themselves decades ago, standing for "good as you" - instead of the clunky and overly-formal-sounding "homosexual". If it offends you, I suggest you research the word's history).

Ekirä

(Helping keep it more wildly off topic)

I completely agree with you, Muzer, it's incredibly disrespectful and mean to discriminate against people that are gay. I do not live in an area where I see this much--Massachusetts is one of the 5 states that allows same sex marriage. I know many states are fighting for it and against it, and it makes me glad I live in a state that has already passed that law.