Hell's Gate fun!

Started by Lolet, August 20, 2010, 01:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ekirä

I know! In 2154 you'd think they would be able to make something that made you feel the same without the smell and the lung cancer.......maybe Grace inherited her cigarettes, and they aren't sold anymore. ;D

Nyx

Maybe the air purification is good enough to take care of that too. Besides, you never know what she was really smoking, they have all kinds of weird plants over there.

Also, who said anything about bringing pets from Earth? If I was there, I'd want an ikran. Or a palulukan. ;D

Niwantaw

Quote from: Nyx on August 21, 2010, 09:32:48 PM
Maybe the air purification is good enough to take care of that too. Besides, you never know what she was really smoking, they have all kinds of weird plants over there.

Also, who said anything about bringing pets from Earth? If I was there, I'd want an ikran. Or a palulukan. ;D
Parker's line
"What the hell have you been smoking out there?"
springs to mind
Only mostly AWOL.

Ekirä

Quote from: Tawtewng on August 21, 2010, 09:34:16 PM
Quote from: Nyx on August 21, 2010, 09:32:48 PM

Parker's line
"What the hell have you been smoking out there?"
springs to mind

Correction: "What the hell have you people been smoking out there?" ;D

Anyway. It's true, I hadn't thought of that....but I bet Pandora has a ton of plants that would give effects akin to tobacco/weed or whatever else someone wanted to smoke.

Lolet

Na'vi migh not smoke though, they really need strong lungs.

omängum fra'uti

I wonder what Hells Gate would have been like if it were run by Google with their style of treating their employees.  (It would probably have a ball pit in that case; one of the Google buildings does have one.)
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Ekirä

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on August 22, 2010, 02:54:50 AM
I wonder what Hells Gate would have been like if it were run by Google with their style of treating their employees.  (It would probably have a ball pit in that case; one of the Google buildings does have one.)

I'm thinking that everyone would be much happier if it was run by Google...I'm not fully pro-Google, but I'm not against them either. They do seem to have pretty happy employees.......Of course, Google in 140 years might be different. ;D

Lolet

The RDA would need to give people completely new lives... and Pandorabook hrh

DJ Makto

Quote from: Ekirä on August 22, 2010, 07:56:52 AM

I'm thinking that everyone would be much happier if it was run by Google...I'm not fully pro-Google, but I'm not against them either. They do seem to have pretty happy employees.......Of course, Google in 140 years might be different. ;D

The ASG (page XV) mentions that the RDA was a Silicon Valley start up in the 21st century. So you might be right about Google being different 140 years in the future.

Ekirä

Quote from: Kunsìp Makto on August 22, 2010, 03:27:27 PM
Quote from: Ekirä on August 22, 2010, 07:56:52 AM

The ASG (page XV) mentions that the RDA was a Silicon Valley start up in the 21st century. So you might be right about Google being different 140 years in the future.

Wou.....that's interesting. Maybe Google got a new CEO and everything changed. No longer the unsophisticated and wishy-washy name 'Google', we're going to acronyms, people. :D SO much more official.

Muzer

Google started in the late-90s, I'm afraid, so 20th Century.

I've never believed in the past that Google have done anything evil, but recently that's been challenged by their "open web" crap, and the way they're handling Android. It seems like going into mobile phones was a bad idea as far as their evility (that should be a word, sound so much better than evilness :P) is concerned.
[21:42:56] <@Muzer> Apple products used to be good, if expensive
[21:42:59] <@Muzer> now they are just expensive

Ekirä

Aw, it's too bad that Google started in the 20th century. That rules them out, I guess. Would have been cool.  :D

Lolet

I can't get over how weird it would be to live in the place you work.

Nyx

Now that's more like it! ;D

SunTzu te tsamtseo

Quote from: Ekirä on August 20, 2010, 11:49:55 PM
I imagine they would. I mean, this whole thing is pretty far in the future....I think they have the internet down pretty well in 2154.

Unless there isn't any 'internet', but something different....more high-tech.

But your Ping-Time will be "astronomical"  NTF ;)
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä}

hmmm...it would be fun if the had a dougeball arena. imagine avatars hammering the hell out of eachother! now that would be something i'd see. ;D

old gallery link?id=2254[/img]

Tuteyä amuiä 'itan

Quote from: Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä} on August 23, 2010, 02:57:40 PM
hmmm...it would be fun if the had a dougeball arena. imagine avatars hammering the hell out of eachother! now that would be something i'd see. ;D

i miss dodge ball :( i use 2 love playing that in school... but yea that would be awesome

Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä}

be even cooler in slow motion

old gallery link?id=2254[/img]

guest6785

i wonder if there is a hell's gate youtube or hell's gate world of warcraft! ;)  :D

SunTzu te tsamtseo

Quote from: oe  krrnekx hrrap on August 25, 2010, 12:38:35 AM
i wonder if there is a hell's gate youtube or hell's gate world of warcraft! ;)  :D

WoW on their volumetric displays should be quite impressive, but i don't know whether the storyline could be extended to 2154  ;)
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."